Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrspiglet

B&b's First Home

i get wat u mean. The curtains become like those starch pressed shirts that anytime can break! how often did they advise u to wash?

advise is to wash once every 6 months.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
advise is to wash once every 6 months.

hahaha mrspiglet.. just nice. twice a year lor. :)

My mom refuses to hear about me looking for new fridge. I brought it up just now she got angry a little and she changed the subject. Same pattern la.

Hhmm...me thinking of getting curtains with rollers but seems like those rods type are in fashion these days..and rod type are much cheaper than roller ones..correct me if i'm wrong...ponder ponder... :unsure:

wow...curtains...my turn to go in 2 - 3 weeks' time :)

So fast?? Or issit i slow? my reno completed already then i slowly do my curtains... :P

hahaha mrspiglet.. just nice. twice a year lor. :)

My mom refuses to hear about me looking for new fridge. I brought it up just now she got angry a little and she changed the subject. Same pattern la.

Same lor! my washing machine.. already cannot spin, must manually spin start 1st then quickly close the cover n my mum still refuses to chge!! *faint* Quarrel with her over that somemore... *double faint*

Hhmm...me thinking of getting curtains with rollers but seems like those rods type are in fashion these days..and rod type are much cheaper than roller ones..correct me if i'm wrong...ponder ponder... :unsure:

r u refering to those bars in ikea, use the ring to hold the curtains to the bar? I quite like tt type leh... more modern look.

hi

Read about the curtains from Jimmy. Can share his pricing here or PM me his quotes? Thanks

I dun have his prices, maybe pinkpetter can help? I'll be doing it with a fren's bro-in-law, if pricing n service is gd i'll post the details after my curtains r up :)

Haha, that time I was also very slow. I tink we confirmed our curtains 1 day before shifting in. heheeh.. And had to go without curtains for 2 days. :(

mrspiglet! Furniture Day today!!! Rem to take more more pics to show us! :dancingqueen:

mrspiglet, i can't sleep well without curtains...so i must get them ready by the time i shift in :)

come to think of it... me too... i like my bedroom to be dark dark. Super dark then can sleep well! :sport-smiley-018:

Haha, that time I was also very slow. I tink we confirmed our curtains 1 day before shifting in. heheeh.. And had to go without curtains for 2 days. :(

mrspiglet! Furniture Day today!!! Rem to take more more pics to show us! :dancingqueen:

Angel! Yes, today is THE day. N silly me forgotten my hp the 2nd time this wk. When i need my hp the most today. :(

Camera also forgotten to take... argh.

hi

Read about the curtains from Jimmy. Can share his pricing here or PM me his quotes? Thanks

curtains very hard to share quote leh...

1) full length curtains or cute half length one like Angel's

2) Day and Night or Day only

3) Roman/Roller/Curtains

4) Different materials

5) How many windows you have.

I think 4 room around 1-1.5k, 5 room 1.5k - 2k and you have a very decent selection. Can bring your floor plan and look for Lucas at Jimmy Textiles... he very efficient and can give you quote in 5 mins.

mrs piglet- still trying to think of ways to prevent workers from using the toilet bowl since mine are installed already... especially big business. I am holding off installing the PD doors until most of the work is completed.... I think i will be very uncomfortable doing big business with people are passing by... hope it works!

Edited by zonkkie

*gasps* no photos! haha nvm la can slowly take. Tidy up already then take for us to see? hehe :)

Who was the one who ask for quotes ah? I agree with zonkkie a little difficult to give. But mine were 1.5 X 1.5m roller blind panels and they cost $100 each. My windows are about 3m long so I needed two panels for each window. My total for 4 bedrooms came up to $830. :)

and Zonkkie is right (again hehe.) Lucas is GOOD! :)

no camera = no pictures? we wana see pictures!!! Btw, u can upload ur pictures on FB too :)

*gasps* no photos! haha nvm la can slowly take. Tidy up already then take for us to see? hehe :)

Who was the one who ask for quotes ah? I agree with zonkkie a little difficult to give. But mine were 1.5 X 1.5m roller blind panels and they cost $100 each. My windows are about 3m long so I needed two panels for each window. My total for 4 bedrooms came up to $830. :)

and Zonkkie is right (again hehe.) Lucas is GOOD! :)

fannie, pinkpetter: got got! got pics.. i went home to get BOTH my hp and camera. Found tons of missed calls and smses, mostly from the deliveries... sad case sia. More details later.

Then again, no pics for the moment. Becos i left my camera in gongkia's bag! :(

curtains very hard to share quote leh...

1) full length curtains or cute half length one like Angel's

2) Day and Night or Day only

3) Roman/Roller/Curtains

4) Different materials

5) How many windows you have.

I think 4 room around 1-1.5k, 5 room 1.5k - 2k and you have a very decent selection. Can bring your floor plan and look for Lucas at Jimmy Textiles... he very efficient and can give you quote in 5 mins.

mrs piglet- still trying to think of ways to prevent workers from using the toilet bowl since mine are installed already... especially big business. I am holding off installing the PD doors until most of the work is completed.... I think i will be very uncomfortable doing big business with people are passing by... hope it works!

Eh, u might be surprise! Double, triple tape ur WC if possible. Cos i know they just DO IT anyway, irregardless got door no door, got seat no seat. I once went back and painter was bathing in my common toilet w/o doors! End up i was locked out becos the other painter was 'watching' the door for him, n told me "eh.. wait ah, he bathing".

i am also looking for the rod type curtain. quite nice.

I'm going with rod+track for my day+night curtains for MBR! :P

If not for gongkia ard during the delivery (which the initial plan wasn't to be), i would have screamed my head off the delivery guys. All my appted timings were supposed to fall within 2-6pm.

Ban Kim Chuan: Appted time was 4-6pm, delivery guy kept calling my hp (which was left at home) and in the end called hub, say he will be arriving at 1130am. 1130am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for god's sake i was only on PM leave. Nvm, came with the TV and washer, then no brackets. Brackets is delivered by Samsung guys instead at 3+. When i bought, they say HDMI cable inclusive. Now tell me dun have. If not for the cheap price, i would have banished them to my blacklist long ago.

Barang barang: Came at 11+ too. Again, was settled becos hub was already rushing down to our house.

S&C: Appted time was again 4-6pm. Sofa came at 11+. Just becos their delivery guys dun wanna carry the sofa 9 storeys up so got the sofa guys to deliver straight from factory. Then coffee table came at 4ish, but with a long scratch on my clear glass that's abt a palm length. Called up straight to reject, n say if scratched is common, only cracked line they will exchge. Hairline scratch i understand, but this is such a long scratch line!

Maximum credit: bought my fridge from mayer sales from them and delivery time was again 4-6pm. Called up at 5.30 to confirm if they r coming, the lady say yes.. "not 6pm yet wat". Ok fine, so i asked if after 6pm not here yet i'll call again n she say yes. Of cos "yes", cos after 6pm, their headoffice (which the lady i spoken to is) is CLOSED! End up, my fridge came only at 7.30, 2 doors but only 1 handle appeared. FISH!!!!

Aero Furnishing, only prompt and on time vendor. With no problems on delivered goods (thus far, *fingers crossed*).

Seriously, what's an appointed time for when they dun stick to it and mess it all up? They expect me to be there on the appted time, n i'm there likewise to expect that these deliveries come ON TIME and not like 4hrs earlier! I dun have the whole day to wait for them.

The only consolation was Wii-ing in my new house, lazing on the sofa till 10+ watching TV before going home. And the CATS play today! :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by mrspiglet