Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrspiglet

B&b's First Home

haha! now i think i having withdrawal symptoms from reno-no-more. Still pending some paint touch up cos somehow there were oil patches under my window grills. it just keeps appearing :(

MBR toilet.. i give up liao. I'm using bleach to scrub n disinfect b4 i really dare to sit on it. Imagine owner me gotta lay toilet paper on the seat b4 sitting.. i just shrug at the thot some stranger had used my toilet b4. :(

End of the mth becos of... QING MING! :bangwall: :bangwall:

Oil patches? how come?

aiyo i guess you really have to let go. Lay toilet paper wasteful and not a long term solution la. Actauli when the construction workers built the HDB flats or condominium, they already slept, eat and do biz in the place b4 we even move in! haha

oh yeah Qing Ming. My reno oso completing. Can handover within this week if I accept the retifications.

No good dates to move in? must really wait until end of Qing Ming ah. hmmm abit too long leh 2 more weeks leh. Hubby wants to move in soon too but I want auspicious date to move in if must move in b4 end of the month. headache. :bangwall:

at least you can still wait.

but will feel very excited right? everything's ready when furniture all in but house owner still cannot move in! haha

but then for good luck. so you must endure! :)

Edited by Kari

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Oil patches? how come?

aiyo i guess you really have to let go. Lay toilet paper wasteful and not a long term solution la. Actauli when the construction workers built the HDB flats or condominium, they already slept, eat and do biz in the place b4 we even move in! haha

oh yeah Qing Ming. My reno oso completing. Can handover within this week if I accept the retifications.

No good dates to move in? must really wait until end of Qing Ming ah. hmmm abit too long leh 2 more weeks leh. Hubby wants to move in soon too but I want auspicious date to move in if must move in b4 end of the month. headache. :bangwall:

at least you can still wait.

but will feel very excited right? everything's ready when furniture all in but house owner still cannot move in! haha

but then for good luck. so you must endure! :)

my hub say those oil patches could have been from the replacing of the solar film? I also dunno leh...

Haha! i let go already lah. Gonna bleach my toilet 2nd time again this fri then i'll start using it like an owner! :)

Qingming is such a headache right?? My hub cant wait to shift in as well, but his dad say cannot. Can help it also..just wait lor. :dunno: when u planning to shift?

Edited by mrspiglet

my hub say those oil patches could have been from the replacing of the solar film? I also dunno leh...

Did you ask ah soon to replace the solar film for your house? Can pm me roughly how much it costs?

Thank you!

mrspiglet, do you still have the uncle's friend contact for the hood/hob? Cant tell from the photo which hood/hob did you choose?

Haha! i let go already lah. Gonna bleach my toilet 2nd time again this fri then i'll start using it like an owner! :)

Qingming is such a headache right?? My hub cant wait to shift in as well, but his dad say cannot. Can help it also..just wait lor. :dunno: when u planning to shift?

replace solar film. hmmm well can check with ur contractor ah soon ba. :P

Good! be a proud owner hee hee :thumbs up:

well my hubby hopes to move in b4 18th but we haven't buy impt furniture like mattress and dining table yet. haha

aiya see how lo. oso cant confirm whether retifications will be smooth anot. dun want to move in with reno still gg on. too dusty for my liking.

oh yeah saw ur rain shower, the one with the square shower head. what brand is tat and how much and where you buy it from? oso plan to get one but then dunnoe whether useful and practical anot since never really use one b4.

heard it's difficult to shampoo ur hair cos it's right on top and not slanted at an angle for ur head to tilt back at a comfortable level. (pai seh I'm sua ku hee hee)

replace solar film. hmmm well can check with ur contractor ah soon ba. :P

Good! be a proud owner hee hee :thumbs up:

well my hubby hopes to move in b4 18th but we haven't buy impt furniture like mattress and dining table yet. haha

aiya see how lo. oso cant confirm whether retifications will be smooth anot. dun want to move in with reno still gg on. too dusty for my liking.

oh yeah saw ur rain shower, the one with the square shower head. what brand is tat and how much and where you buy it from? oso plan to get one but then dunnoe whether useful and practical anot since never really use one b4.

heard it's difficult to shampoo ur hair cos it's right on top and not slanted at an angle for ur head to tilt back at a comfortable level. (pai seh I'm sua ku hee hee)

The solar film thing was done by another uncle that my contractor recommended. I think they may have used some liquid thingy to remove the 'leftover' from prev film and i saw it dripping onto the wall. That time painting not up yet, so we didnt bother too much abt those wet patches. But seems like its surfacing again... gotta ask my contractor how liao.

move in b4 18th?? But 18th is like this sat leh! how to shift in like that? :bow:

would suggest u wait a bit ba, else workers come in n out to do rectifications, not very convenient for u all also right?

the rain shower is from Bellari @ $429 for the complete set, mixer+handshower+overhead shower. I'm so proud to be the 1st one to use it (i hope the workers didnt use it b4 me!) after cleaning my house last fri! :dancingqueen:

Not too bad, i found it easy to use cos i have a habit of tilting my hair down when i wash. If i'm taking a quick shower then i'll use the handshower so my hair wun be wet. Its like a novelty for us... something to pamper ourselves after spending so much on other reno stuff. :P

mrspiglet

huh you have been cleaning oil patches wor? Poor girl. Don't clean already la. Ask them for some solution, anyway they are coming back right? Hope most of your rectifications been done... :)

The solar film thing was done by another uncle that my contractor recommended. I think they may have used some liquid thingy to remove the 'leftover' from prev film and i saw it dripping onto the wall. That time painting not up yet, so we didnt bother too much abt those wet patches. But seems like its surfacing again... gotta ask my contractor how liao.

move in b4 18th?? But 18th is like this sat leh! how to shift in like that? :bow:

would suggest u wait a bit ba, else workers come in n out to do rectifications, not very convenient for u all also right?

the rain shower is from Bellari @ $429 for the complete set, mixer+handshower+overhead shower. I'm so proud to be the 1st one to use it (i hope the workers didnt use it b4 me!) after cleaning my house last fri! :dancingqueen:

Not too bad, i found it easy to use cos i have a habit of tilting my hair down when i wash. If i'm taking a quick shower then i'll use the handshower so my hair wun be wet. Its like a novelty for us... something to pamper ourselves after spending so much on other reno stuff. :P

hee true. very rush but see how ba. cos new place is nearer to hubby's office, so he dun have to travel so far......

Wow! I was hoping for a cheaper one haha. Glad you bought a few things to pamper urself. Cos I'm gg to do tat as well. Spend first then heartpain later lol.

So all the best! May your moving in oso smooth and relaxed! :thumbs up:

Did you ask ah soon to replace the solar film for your house? Can pm me roughly how much it costs?

Thank you!

Ah soon dun do the solar film replacement, so he ask his wallpaper guy to call me n that guy did it for me. I'll PM u the cost in a while!

mrspiglet, do you still have the uncle's friend contact for the hood/hob? Cant tell from the photo which hood/hob did you choose?

I dun have it with me now. But actually i dun find it super cheap, Poh Joo could match my price so i suggest u go PohJoo buy instead of going w that contact. I bought the Cuizino hob/hood, now got a bit of problem with the missing warranty card :(

mrspiglet

huh you have been cleaning oil patches wor? Poor girl. Don't clean already la. Ask them for some solution, anyway they are coming back right? Hope most of your rectifications been done... :)

I nvr clean leh..too lazy! :P I dunno if its oil, but it looks like wet patches, but weird thing is only my corridor windows had it. The room one was repainted b4 but it came back, until Jason put a layer of sealant then it was ok. Tried to call Jason yday to arrange for rectification on fri but he nvr pick up, and blur me today nvr bring HP!!! :bangwall:

hee true. very rush but see how ba. cos new place is nearer to hubby's office, so he dun have to travel so far......

Wow! I was hoping for a cheaper one haha. Glad you bought a few things to pamper urself. Cos I'm gg to do tat as well. Spend first then heartpain later lol.

So all the best! May your moving in oso smooth and relaxed! :thumbs up:

Hee! i tempted my hub, so he was sold too. But i tot ur carpentry is up already? Then ur plumbing shd have been completed?

oil patches? will it be easier to remove with eucalyptus oil?

:( i have no idea also leh... will that remove the paint on my wall as well?

Hee! i tempted my hub, so he was sold too. But i tot ur carpentry is up already? Then ur plumbing shd have been completed?

yup. my capentry is up. plubming, last few electrical works and the kitchen glass backing are the last stages.

i haven't buy all my toilet accessories, so i'm the one holding back the plumber haha :P

yup. my capentry is up. plubming, last few electrical works and the kitchen glass backing are the last stages.

i haven't buy all my toilet accessories, so i'm the one holding back the plumber haha :P

oh... then how u conceal the pipes behind the cabinets? My order was reverse, electrical->plumbing->carpentry->electrical again->touch up.

Eh, u haven buy anything then u can go take a look at ashes02 lobang, FOC rainshower somemore!

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=379118

oh... then how u conceal the pipes behind the cabinets? My order was reverse, electrical->plumbing->carpentry->electrical again->touch up.

Eh, u haven buy anything then u can go take a look at ashes02 lobang, FOC rainshower somemore!

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=379118

Thanks mrspiglet, you have been a great help!

well my pipes are all concelaed by HDB. very neat so no worries over tat portion. haha :P

gg to check out the promo. it's great though i dunnoe whether I want the WC amd basins since HDB ones seems fine to me. But nonetheless thanks for the lobang! :)

yes yes, go for the cheap package! the staffs there are v friendly too. the sales lady who attend to me, personally came by during delivery to ensure everything went well! :good:

Ah soon dun do the solar film replacement, so he ask his wallpaper guy to call me n that guy did it for me. I'll PM u the cost in a while!

Thank you, I got your pm. This morning I ask ah soon to tear off the existing solar film in the living room too becos the previous workmanship not very good.

Will discuss with hubby if we got the budget to replace them.