Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrspiglet

B&b's First Home

mrspiglet

YA! That's exactly the reason why I didn't want to have air-conditioning in my brother's room! I kept telling my mom that I want to wait for my brother to earn a living before he installs air con in his own room so that he can pay his own bills. I have this feeling that if he has air conditioning in his room he would be using it almost every day and certainly EVERY weekend when he comes home from camp. (NS). URGHHH I'll see if I can convince them. :P

guy77

err putting fish next to the TV... then wouldn't the water be very warm all the time? well but then I don't know much about fish.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hey mrspiglet,

nice MBR curtain, we were surveying curtains for our new place already although we only get keys in june haha.

and our MBR day/night curtain selection is very similar to yours, with different pattern on the day curtain one.

you're lucky you dont need curtains for living room.

i have to get day curtains for 3 windows area in dining/living, will cost us a bomb, actually nobody can look from outside living room since no neighboring building that high anyway but the day curtain is just to conceal the window panels so it looks cosier and i love the feeling of organza

your MBR is same as mine, so the window should be less than 2m wide right?

how much is your full length day/nite curtain for MBR?

aubrey

Did curtains only for 3 rooms, living room not intending to do. Both bedroom 2 & 3 is abt 3m each, i think its 2panel of rollerblinds for each room. MBR is full length day+night curtains, plus string curtains for foyer area at bedroom doors area, total is $800. :)

i dunno how to maintain them, but was told that just vacuum can liao. MBR day curtains can throw into washing machine, whereas night curtains will have to bring for dry cleaning 1st 2 times to maintain the color n thereafter can throw inside washing machine already.

Installation will be this fri, i hope its not gonna be too dusty!

pinkpetter

Ya. Dun pamper him too much, otherwise will be taken forgranted! let him know its easier to install but hard to maintain the bills! :P

I think ur bro see this he may just :curse:

xherion

Wow! u r really fast leh. Keys in june, even 1 mth for reno, u r still 3 mths away from curtain installation!

i think ur bay window will look super nice with full length curtains. That's what the bay windows r for anyway!!

My MBR is like ur current house right? Slightly less than 2m. I'm not sure how much for MBR alone, i was quoted on a total price and we got further discount cos like i said, it was a fren's bro-in-law doing for us. U want i can pass his contacts to u and u can ask him to give u a quote?

Hee... Our MBR really looks alike. What colour is ur bedframe? Black or brown? :)

Hahah, first time I see fridge delivery w/out a handle. How's the delivery defects so far?

Angel81

Hee! i think its pretty hard to select matching colors for our bedroom Mysterious. So we ended up having similar colors!

Mine is dark brown suede, i like ur buttoned backing too!

my fridge ah... i left my invoices at home, supposed to call up n chase after the lady for my handle. i think it sounds ridiculous..like "where's my handle ah?" ;)

pinkpetter

i have one 19yr old sis at home too, that's super pampered. I understand perfectly what u mean :(

Edited by mrspiglet

mrspiglet

I'm just curious.. can the compartment be opened without the handle? .... I wonder if my handle can be removed... lol

Wah so it's about the same. My bro is turning 20. *sigh* Anyways except for the changes, seems like your house is all ready for you to move in! All the furniture is in right?

yeah mrspiglet, we're both too kiasu haha

i guess now that we know what kind of curtain we look out for, it will save time to look for curtains when we get the keys in june.

thanks for your offer, i'll contact you again later if i need the contact.

pinkpetter

still can open lah, just gotta pull the door a little harder. But its not turned on anyway. gongkia wanted to turn it on for a miserable KFC mashed potato. ;)

my sis also turning 20 this yr! Snakes... they behave just like snakes too.

The house is ready for shift in liao, except the part i've not packed anything for my shifting! :P

aubrey

i think it depends on the material n length of windows? Another fren did his 3rm with $500+. I think the price was jacked up becos of my window length and the expensive material we picked :( if we had settled for something more plain n simple, would have been a lot cheaper i suppose.

As for ikea, i heard mixed reviews. Some say its gd, some say roller blind spoils easily. But i think the curtains r generally quite nice.

i lazy to wash! but i cannot tahan to not wash at the same time.. actually how about buying the ikea rods and installing and getting the curtains separate? i initially wanted black out blinds for my room from ikea but after reading here i realised it's not exactly the best. hmmmm.

pinkpetter

still can open lah, just gotta pull the door a little harder. But its not turned on anyway. gongkia wanted to turn it on for a miserable KFC mashed potato. ;)

my sis also turning 20 this yr! Snakes... they behave just like snakes too.

The house is ready for shift in liao, except the part i've not packed anything for my shifting! :P

So troublesome... haha gongkia also very cute... cool the WHOLE fridge for one mashed potato?? finish it la.. lol

no wonder they know how to "eat snake" so well. haiz I wonder if kids ard their age are the same ... but recently in papers, it does seem like kids are going overboard... Have you seen the one who hit the bus captain? haiz.

i lazy to wash! but i cannot tahan to not wash at the same time.. actually how about buying the ikea rods and installing and getting the curtains separate? i initially wanted black out blinds for my room from ikea but after reading here i realised it's not exactly the best. hmmmm.

mm Aubrey I think it might be better the other way round. The curtain rods from Ikea don't look so sturdy so maybe you can get the rods customised and the fabric from Ikea instead... :) The black out blinds from Ikea.. don't look so nice. hehe

aubrey

then probably roller blinds are the way to go? Haha! i'm lazy too, that's why i asked for the most easily maintained curtains for the 2 rooms. MBR bo bian lah, gotta be a little more hardworking.

familyof4

They say the handle is kept inside the fridge, so the delivery man only in-charge of driving n carrying the fridge to customers' place, in short.. not his problem. :(

I just called up and ask when they gonna send my missing handle down. The lady was laughing over the phone n tell me its the 1st case.. still got the cheek to laugh. N nvr confirm w me when they can send the handle down, nvr take down my num despite me asking again n again. I wonder if she's really so sure of wat she's doing... :unsure:

pinkpetter

Aiya... kids these days. I hope i wasnt that bad as them was i was 20. I didnt recall my mum screaming at me that much.

I think we are Generation X or Y right? If i were to name.. i'll called them Gen W.. weird.

Wah, I like ur fabrics for the curtains.. I'm also contemplating doing roller blinds for the whole house.. $800 very ex ah? Designer material leh, worth it la..

Ur fridge very cute la.. How did they manage to send the fridge without the handle? Hahaha..

Gen W? Dat's new.. Hahaha..