Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrspiglet

B&b's First Home

booy

Its a cove area which effective is just dead space under the windows. So we flushed with the windows and did a mini cabinet there instead. To store all my spare supplies of skincare and cosmetics. :dancingqueen:

wanted normal doors, but ended up as a surprise to us when Jason did proper shelving and sliding doors. it turn out very well... best of all, was FOC from Uncle soon. :)

I see... But put skincare products is not advisable bah.. It's too near the sun, will have heat and affect the products..

I'm very gian on these FOC things from Uncle Soon.. :dribble: Will I ever see his quotes? zz

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hmm, u have a point too. But wood is poor conductor of heat, so i suppose with the layer of concrete and wood backing, i think shd be ok ba? I dun feel hot sitting next to the windows leh.. :P

When will u be meeting uncle again? Seems like he's getting busier n busier! Small little things no need to tell him 1st, just ask for big item quotes, which was wat i did... 2nd meetup at my place we threw in a lot of mini things, including my mini cabinet. Nvr bargain much with him so he gave this FOC to me! :rolleyes:

piglet, where are your string curtains from? wanted to get some for my room, just worried about maintanance.. if there's any.

i got them from the curtains maker. I think pinkpetter mention its available at Tanjong Katong complex? Her sister bought some for her bedroom... for $30+?

my string curtains? from tanjong katong complex along geylang serai. The curtain/towel shop nearest to the supermarket. the one without beads cost $30 the one with cost $38 I think. :)

Hmm, u have a point too. But wood is poor conductor of heat, so i suppose with the layer of concrete and wood backing, i think shd be ok ba? I dun feel hot sitting next to the windows leh.. :P

When will u be meeting uncle again? Seems like he's getting busier n busier! Small little things no need to tell him 1st, just ask for big item quotes, which was wat i did... 2nd meetup at my place we threw in a lot of mini things, including my mini cabinet. Nvr bargain much with him so he gave this FOC to me! :rolleyes:

Too late! I have already given Uncle Soon my list of things to do! Now I'm waiting for him at my new home.. yawn...

i think it still will wor, imagine some of my 'rubber' shoes melted and those wooden heels corroded in these cabinets under e windows..... quite gross actually, u dun wan tat to happen to ur products right hehe :P

aubrey

Mine was a lump sum price together with my curtains/blinds, not sure wats the brkdown like. Can try the one that Pinkpetter mentioned? :)

booy

so late still waiting for uncle?? I read in ur t-blog u got ur chinese quote from him? how how... ok not? :unsure:

ashes02

*shrugs* :jawdrop: u frighten me! Like that i must go dig for a place in wardrobe to put my skincare liao.. :bleah:

aubrey

Mine was a lump sum price together with my curtains/blinds, not sure wats the brkdown like. Can try the one that Pinkpetter mentioned? :)

booy

so late still waiting for uncle?? I read in ur t-blog u got ur chinese quote from him? how how... ok not? :unsure:

ashes02

*shrugs* :jawdrop: u frighten me! Like that i must go dig for a place in wardrobe to put my skincare liao.. :bleah:

Need to spend some time to decode the quotes.. hee.. Better than I expect though.. He's really very qing cai..

Edited by booy

Before...

DSCF0970-1.jpg

After...

DSCF1444.jpg

White kitchen cabinets

Before...

MBRToilet1-1.jpg

After...

DSCF1502.jpg

MBR toilet

mrspiglet, do u have a better picture of your nice nice rainshower (the pipping and stuff, conceal inside wall ar??) You using Instant Heater?

I'm trying to get one but my contractor say cannot use instant heater must use tank type and will have alot of pipes running here and there. Thank you thank you

mrspiglet, dun put your skincare products there...the heat in there is enough to spoil or shorten the life span of it...

u all sounded so scary... i quickly remove them from the cabinet already. Now left with tissue paper and facial cotton pads. shd be ok ba? :unsure:

Need to spend some time to decode the quotes.. hee.. Better than I expect though.. He's really very qing cai..

Ya, uncle is really very easy going. And fatherly too! But he's really forgetful. ;)

mrspiglet, do u have a better picture of your nice nice rainshower (the pipping and stuff, conceal inside wall ar??) You using Instant Heater?

I'm trying to get one but my contractor say cannot use instant heater must use tank type and will have alot of pipes running here and there. Thank you thank you

I try to post it up this wkend. Its not conceal piping, my contractor says its not HDB approve, but i read somewhere that its legal. Anyway my tiles were already up so i didnt wanted him to hack away. Its not messy, very neatly done despite not concealed. :good:

i use instant gas heater, the Rinnai one. not the typical electrical heater. Ur contractor is right that the normal instant heater cannot be use cos it will not be able to support the water pressure required by the rain shower. I'll post the heater for u when i get home :)

It's definitely a right choice to remove the skincare products.. No point spending so much $$ and later the product gets spolit or even cause more problems to your skin.. =)

I also heard concealed piping is OK leh..

Today's weather is soooooo hot! No energy to pack my stuff for shifting next wkend, jialat. Just managed to gather my strength to upload the photos taken on Fri. House's a little messy.. pardon me for that. :P

DSCF1550.jpg

The 2-door fridge that came with only 1 door handle. Notice missing handle on top door?

DSCF1540.jpg

The lounge chair from Barang Barang. :sport-smiley-018:

DSCF1539.jpg

Samsung TV... I was quite shocked by the size n wondering if we have bought a TV that's too big. It didnt look that huge at showrooms. :unsure:

DSCF1541.jpg

Scratched coffee table with sofa.

DSCF1547.jpg

Suede bedframe with the FOC pillows n mattress protector.

Hi Mrs Piglet

I was browsing yr blog ....yr Toilets are really nice nice

Me going to redo my toilet ...something like yr brown toilet too=)

And i like that barang lounge...was thinking to get it...

Wonder how much u got it and which branch? Thank u

Look fwd to more posts from ya

realised u are using Ah Soon...

Was recommended Ah Soon in e forum...hws yr experience with him?

We are making an appt w him tmr