Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrspiglet

B&b's First Home

mm if the meter is in your house? or inaccessible for the reader.

My meter is next to my main door just outside the house.. there is a small door open de lor. So still have to read the meter ourselves ah??

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

zerochristy:

Ya, becos SP only comes once every 2 mths, so the in-between mth's reading will be estimated. If the usage is pretty regular, then not much issue with the estimation. But for reno, water bills are generally higher (with all the tiling, washing and workers bathing/pipe leakage!) the estimated one will be based on this lor.

Eg.. my reno mth was 23CuM and they estimated the following mth to be 27CuM, hence the difference. :(

Then again, 23CuM is really a horrendous amt of water to use for reno.

pinkpetter:

Its not a big amt, but i also had some conflicts with StarHub billing, but in the end when they do adjustment they did in on the GST portion as well. Dun understand why SP cannot do it... A little dumb. :(

zerochristy:

Ya, becos SP only comes once every 2 mths, so the in-between mth's reading will be estimated. If the usage is pretty regular, then not much issue with the estimation. But for reno, water bills are generally higher (with all the tiling, washing and workers bathing/pipe leakage!) the estimated one will be based on this lor.

Eg.. my reno mth was 23CuM and they estimated the following mth to be 27CuM, hence the difference. :(

Then again, 23CuM is really a horrendous amt of water to use for reno.

pinkpetter:

Its not a big amt, but i also had some conflicts with StarHub billing, but in the end when they do adjustment they did in on the GST portion as well. Dun understand why SP cannot do it... A little dumb. :(

Hi Mrspiglet,

We also encounter the same thing with the g.s.t. thing but with a bank. We asked for the waiver of the annual fee and its approved. But when the bill come, the g.s.t. was there for the cards and added to around 20+. $20+ for just the g.s.t. on the annual fee which was waived. I don't understand why we need to pay g.s.t when we weren't charge for the annual fee. Its really a silly-looking bill to me.

Hi Mrspiglet,

We also encounter the same thing with the g.s.t. thing but with a bank. We asked for the waiver of the annual fee and its approved. But when the bill come, the g.s.t. was there for the cards and added to around 20+. $20+ for just the g.s.t. on the annual fee which was waived. I don't understand why we need to pay g.s.t when we weren't charge for the annual fee. Its really a silly-looking bill to me.

ya ya!! weird right? U just reminded me on that.. i don't check my ccard any fee waiver!

Isn't it just headache having so much bills to check? :(

ya ya!! weird right? U just reminded me on that.. i don't check my ccard any fee waiver!

Isn't it just headache having so much bills to check? :(

sigh.. I check my CC bill every month alr very sian. sigh.

whoa, mrspiglet, havent been following RT for a while and while browsing your thread found this pic.....

is that your wedding pic?? very very nice and pretty :wub:

mind if i ask a few questions, are you satisfied with your laundry hanger? looks very nice and want to get similar system but i'm worried about corrosion and afraid that the mechanism will break after heavy use.

is there a store where we can view that system first?

thank you!

A little OT.. really love this shot. :P

IMG_2876-2.jpg

xherion:

thks xherion! that's one of my wedding photos.. like this series more than my white gown ones! :)

The laundry system ah.. so far so gd. when there's clothes on it, the whole system is easier to push, not as heavy. As for the corrosion part, the guy who sold us was very frank with us that it is powder coated iron, so as long as we dun scratch it, it should not rust. As for weight wise, i tried overloading the system b4, with a lot of hanger-hang clothes... still working fine thou i cant lift it up to its original position, too heavy. If i were to summaries:

Pros:

1) no need to hang bamboos! Safety also lah.

2) Siam rain very fast, just pull the whole unit in. I see opp neighbours rushing to keep bamboo i'll feel lucky to have bought this! :notti: After rain stops just push out the whole unit again.

Cons:

1) Expensive as compared to bamboos

2) There's 2 dead space, inner half of the 1st and last bamboo cannot be used until the whole unit is pushed out. That's where the rollers will roll pass, so clothes cannot be hang there. I usually use them to hang hubby's shirts when i've already hang it on hangers.

3) Was 1 pc also gotta pull down whole unit. For this, i bought another separate alum bamboo just purely for times when i need to hang 1 shirt.

4) limited length, its only 6ft long... 6x6bamboos... so i cannot really hang a lot of laundry. would be gd for those that washes clothes everyday or working couples like us with not much laundry. Not really suitable for big families who washes only once a wk.

hi hi,

yeah i think that shot is really marvelous in terms of the pose and angle hehe....

ok thanks for your tips, actually for my use, i wont push it out, more for hanging inside but was thinking of similar system so that it's easier to pull down and hang the clothes or especially bedsheets.

if just up/down... i think there r cheaper alternatives like those pulley systems? No point buying this one cos the selling point is the push out feature....

Then again, dun push out into the sun, unless ur service balcony gets sufficient sunlight?

Gonna TOP soon!!

GST thing? GST thing? GST thing?

pet, ah gong giving ang bao again

Edited by ivy