Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cloudy

Mattress Atrium - Anyone Have Experience With Them?

the sales tactic he used on me and some others that i read is, he is actually the boss there and seldom around. thats y if i were to come back again i cant get such a "gd discount" if he is not around.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
the sales tactic he used on me and some others that i read is, he is actually the boss there and seldom around. thats y if i were to come back again i cant get such a "gd discount" if he is not around.

i went back to mattress atrium about 1 month after my lotus bed, arrived, guess wat? the so-called boss who is seldom around was still there that day!?!?

For payments using credit cards, they usually have a clause that allows customers to void the transaction if the delivery has been delayed. But this must be done within 60 days of transaction date. So, if not happy with the delivery delay can also cancel and get elsewhere.

So conclusion, Joe the boss is always around when all of us were there on different dates!

haha ya so it's pretty much just sales talk about him being there only because container closing blah blah

Here's my take on Mattress Atrium (MA), and Joe, the supposed owner (or as he claims, co-owner with a Mr. Lee).

We initially purchased a mattress and bedframe from Joe, again based on the whole container story shenanigan. Subsequently (just 2 days later) we had our purchase voided as we weren't comfortable with the pitches that Joe made for the Omazz mattresses. Anyway Joe was the one who made the offer to rescind the transaction if we weren't fully satisfied with the whole package. So we went along. He made no mention of any additional charges or issues material to the transaction.

However, despite the many calls we've made to Joe and the credit card issuer, till now, 3 weeks later, the credit card issuer has said that no such action to reverse the initial transaction was made. They claim that the merchant (MA in this case) has not made any effort on his/her part to reverse the transaction. Joe keeps on asking us to check again with the issuer the "next week" claiming that interbank transactions (between a merchant/intermediary banks and the credit card issuer) takes time. Then why did he ask us to use Card A instead of Card B or C for which he has a direct relationship?

How long typically does voiding a transaction take? I'm quite certain it is almost immediate.

I also bought from Joe when he was there on the 14th Oct. He too gave me "good" discount since he still have space in his container leaving Australia. But my house is not ready yet so likely to get them deliver by next week. And hopefully no major issues.... :P

Must say quite impressed with their structural design....

So much for having so much faith in them....

After the staff has confirmed that the delivery date would be on schedule (I called them up one week in advance)

I was told 3 days before delivery date that my storage bed delivery would be delayed for few more days. said shipment problem.

The prince bed delivery would be earlier though.

I had no choice but to sleep in the new house with my mattress on the floor (lucky i did not buy the mattress from them or else will have to sleep on floor )

But the day when the prince bed came, was told delivery got problem again as the guy from warehouse loaded the wrong size mattress for the pull out. After a few hours, they called up to say problem solved.

But when the prince beds came, the headboards were not there. (they miss out)

so the headboards only came another day.

Finally when the storage bed came, notice that the colour wasn't quite right. Called up and they said they would check. One week liao still no reply. sigh.... since i do not really mind the delivered colour a lot, will just take it otherwise I can't unpack properly.

The only consolation is that the bed are really comfy.

My brother told me that I should not have made full payment. He did not make in full and maybe that's why he got his bed on time i guess.

Well if you really want to get the beds from them, must make sure to commit on a delivery date (and cushion in 2 weeks of delay) and do not make full payment upfront.

Edited by mirabe

Here's my take on Mattress Atrium (MA), and Joe, the supposed owner (or as he claims, co-owner with a Mr. Lee).

We initially purchased a mattress and bedframe from Joe, again based on the whole container story shenanigan. Subsequently (just 2 days later) we had our purchase voided as we weren't comfortable with the pitches that Joe made for the Omazz mattresses. Anyway Joe was the one who made the offer to rescind the transaction if we weren't fully satisfied with the whole package. So we went along. He made no mention of any additional charges or issues material to the transaction.

However, despite the many calls we've made to Joe and the credit card issuer, till now, 3 weeks later, the credit card issuer has said that no such action to reverse the initial transaction was made. They claim that the merchant (MA in this case) has not made any effort on his/her part to reverse the transaction. Joe keeps on asking us to check again with the issuer the "next week" claiming that interbank transactions (between a merchant/intermediary banks and the credit card issuer) takes time. Then why did he ask us to use Card A instead of Card B or C for which he has a direct relationship?

How long typically does voiding a transaction take? I'm quite certain it is almost immediate.

I think voiding a credit card transaction would be instantaneous too.

U might have to go to his shop with your signed credit card receipt and ask them to void the transaction on the spot.

Think they just need to call up the transaction with transaction code of your credit card receipt.

I had a foreign transaction and asked them for a partial refund. They did so and I got my $$ back in my credit card acct within 2 days they did so. And this was overseas.

Well, then someone's playing me out, making life difficult for me somewhere along the chain. It's been nearly 4 weeks now.

I had a foreign transaction and asked them for a partial refund. They did so and I got my $$ back in my credit card acct within 2 days they did so. And this was overseas.

If everyone is reading this forum, I'm sure that "black shop" will have to close his shop in no time..

If everyone is reading this forum, I'm sure that "black shop" will have to close his shop in no time..

Sure hope that the shop owner reads this forum too and 'wake up'.

Their products is good though but the delivery sucks. what a pity.

i'm very sure they are reading this forum because i actually use their comp to check something during my purchase. renotalk website is on their address bar.

i'm very sure they are reading this forum because i actually use their comp to check something during my purchase. renotalk website is on their address bar.

Hello, i am new here. I just bought the mattress with them also, and had pay a full amount of 3k. Due to my house havent ready yet, my delivery date in on the april... I hope that they dun close down before i get my mattress.... Its kinda scary to see so many bad reviews on them... Kinda lost confident on them....

As expected my delivery got delayed again! they promised to sent down today and i have specially taken off today. they say will give me a call to confirm the timing yesterday. waited the whole day but they didn't call. so i call them up just now. their usual excuse, container got delayed and the earliest they can send is on the 8th. and my worst nightmare came true, i amgoing to have my housewarming without my bed.

Edited by jerra