Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cloudy

Mattress Atrium - Anyone Have Experience With Them?

Dear All,

For what I have learned.... the problem lies with their supplier but let's KIV first till I get the orders in good order. I volunteer to let you know in September and I will keep you posted on this. If all things turned out well, I may defend Mattress Atrium as everyone deserves a SECOND chance in life. Agree?

So remember to catch this space.

AK28

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

WTF??!! So many problems with Mattress Atrium. Die.. i paid in full liao. Just to confirm, where is the Mattress Atrium that you guys are talking about? I'm crossing my fingers that there are more than one Mattress Atrium in Singapore.

What now?! I just bought my king Royal Prince with bed frame for $3k nett. I only want the lotus mattress to be genuine. I do know the bedframe is made locally and honestly I dont care where the mattress is made.

I want to know the quality of Royal Prince and if it is lotus origin.

Felt a bit kiasu so I called them up to check on my delivery next week, they assured me that it will be on time. They said that as long as more than 2 weeks lead time from the order it will be okay? Anyway, hope he is right. :P

Hi guys, I bought a black storage bed frame from them in May earlier this year and had scheduled the delivery today. I read the horror stories here regarding their spotty record of delivery timeliness and I made phone calls and personal visit to the store to make sure that there are no delays in delivery. A delivery guy called me on Sunday to confirm the delivery and the delivery was made between the promised timing earlier today. 2 guys arrived and proceeded to assemble the bed frame in my master bedroom and everything was done in 15 minutes. I hope there will be no issues with the quality of the bed frame but it looks like they have at least improved on delivery timeliness. Happy hunting! Rgrds, S

Edited by wongsi

We bought the mattress and bedframe from them last year, till now also nv go take the freebie( pillows, protector ).. so horrific experience. After my first bed from them in 2009 , they never deliver the freebie, so in 2010 we buy 1 more bed from them ( bf house ) , also nv deliver , claim that we have to collect and also must call before collecting ... then call liao , we go there they say given away to another customer by mistake , but the most horrific thing is that we waited for soooooo long becos no one is free to serve someone coming to get freebie . Throughout the waiting period , the stupid boss whom i bought m first bed from is giving me dirty stare. So after the weejuo apologise and promise to deliver to my bf house when they pass by at a specific date and time , till now already many many mnths later , i tink they nv pass by and also totally decided to swallow back the free gift .

We gave up .. come on , its nt like we asked for it ... its the sales ppl who offered to throw in the free gift . Why be so nasty once we paid. Seriously , the boss probably practice Sichuan change face tactic, he turn and give me face is the dirty stare but he turn back to the customer he is servinng , his smile is from east to west kinda wide...

Recently we shopping ard for bedding again ( new house ) ... super sian cos of bad experience ... heard from a guy in expo that mattress attrium notorious for their after sales service and bullSh** of the USA story .. so i guess they are really famous for this ..

By the way ... my mattress bought in 2009 already have one side creaking spring... really duno if still wana go thru the ordeal of dealing wif mattress atrium for the repair ...

Be very careful ppl ... cos seriously they put me off so much that repair i also dun feel like approachng them ... so its nt only sales service that is one time thing ..

Felt a bit kiasu so I called them up to check on my delivery next week, they assured me that it will be on time. They said that as long as more than 2 weeks lead time from the order it will be okay? Anyway, hope he is right. :P

Great news, my bed frame just arrived today and it's in good condition. The delivery was within the time frame they gave me and went smoothly, only thing is the delivery guy a bit impatient and grouchy la cos he had to wait 5 mins for me to arrive. To me not a big deal, as long as my stuff is fine can already, everyone is human.

I didn't order mattress from them so I don't know about their mattresses, but I've very happy with my storage bed. It's covered in velvet material and has 4 drawers underneath for storage. Looks very nice!

After purchasing my bed 2 years ago then i realise i'm cheated too. I have been told about the closing of container discount it too. But i was served by Adrian at the point of time. I also have problem getting back my refund too. It took me months till i made a complain to HSBC bank. Only until HSBC provide me a form to fill to get back the refund from the MA. Called Joe many times and like what you all have been told, they already submitted the necessary document to the bank and asked me to check with bank instead or wait for the money to be refunded to my bank account. when i called Joe, he always said will call me back and he was busy.. Yet he have nv ever call back. Everytime i have to call back and scream at him! Their service is extreemly bad... i will never never recommand MA to any of my friend and yet they could expand their business to city square. :dunno:

I did post a comment earlier regarding my concerns on the origin of Royal Prince. So this is a follow up.

We bought a king size Royal Prince in June. We are served by Ken. Our mattress and bedframe were delivered end of July on the day we wanted. The price included a decent bedframe (no storage) with freebies like mattress protectors, 2 Lotus pillows (claimed to be $ 100+ each at department stores but I have yet to see this pillow selling at Taka etc) and 2 (no brand) bolsters. We encountered no problem picking up the freebies from the shop.

Lotus has many models selling at different locations. There is the original branch at Park Mall, some models at Courts and of course at distributors like Mattress Atrium. All locations sell different Lotus models. I checked on website and have this conclusion that Lotus is from Thailand. The Latex pillow top is from Belguim. I understand the bedframe is made in Singapore. We have no problem with this. Mattress is probably manufactured in Thailand.

I did freak out when i saw all the bad reviews here.

At the end of the day, I like to say our new mattress is very comfortable. Its a bit costly but we like to think it is worth every cent.

My advice - Go to Courts at Tampines (next to Ikea). They have a big range of different brands. After trying out the mattresses, then try different outlets to compare the prices.

Don't ever buy from Mattress Atrium. The boss is a guy who always wear a hat named Joe AKA Wee Juo. Before sales, he's a sweet talker but all empty promises. Will tell you he in this line for more than 14 years and also MD for the 3 S brands previously.

After sales, the delivery is always delay and the quality of the product is not what is claimed. When you called him to complain, he will shouted at you and act like a gangster, "Not happy is it? come down la, I wait for you"

I did post a comment earlier regarding my concerns on the origin of Royal Prince. So this is a follow up.

We bought a king size Royal Prince in June. We are served by Ken. Our mattress and bedframe were delivered end of July on the day we wanted. The price included a decent bedframe (no storage) with freebies like mattress protectors, 2 Lotus pillows (claimed to be $ 100+ each at department stores but I have yet to see this pillow selling at Taka etc) and 2 (no brand) bolsters. We encountered no problem picking up the freebies from the shop.

Lotus has many models selling at different locations. There is the original branch at Park Mall, some models at Courts and of course at distributors like Mattress Atrium. All locations sell different Lotus models. I checked on website and have this conclusion that Lotus is from Thailand. The Latex pillow top is from Belguim. I understand the bedframe is made in Singapore. We have no problem with this. Mattress is probably manufactured in Thailand.

I did freak out when i saw all the bad reviews here.

At the end of the day, I like to say our new mattress is very comfortable. Its a bit costly but we like to think it is worth every cent.

My advice - Go to Courts at Tampines (next to Ikea). They have a big range of different brands. After trying out the mattresses, then try different outlets to compare the prices.

I bought my Omazz mattress from Lotus Bedding in 2007. Had no issues because I was only buying the Omazz mattress of which I think Lotus is one of the distributors/retailers. Seems everyone has issues with their in-house brands which included everything besides the mattress. Guess if stick with just purchasing the mattress only should be fine bah. :unsure:

<!--quoteo(post=625324:date=Apr 2 2011, 07:37 PM:name=autobrakes3)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (autobrakes3 @ Apr 2 2011, 07:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=625324"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Did you get your mattress on time? I just purchased a storage bed frame and Lotus Mattress from Mattress Atrium earlier this afternoon. Was totally sold by the smooth talking Wee Juo at the shop, only to realise there are so many bad reviews of this place after I did a search online following the purchase.

Is the Princebed mattress the same as the Lotus Mattress? I tried searching the Lotus model "Royal Prince" which was on my invoice online but to no avail. I wonder if i have been scammed? As for the delivery, does anyone have anything good to say about this place? Wee Juo assured me that the stuff will be delivered on the date i requested but somehow I get this feeling after reading all these reviews that this will almost certainly not happen.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hi,

First of all, there are many lotus models its impossible to know all of them. I bot my lotus mattress from them few months ago. From my posting, you should know what kind of lousy shop this is. I can guarantee your mattress will likely arrive on time but your bed frame will not. Mattress atrium ordered the lotus mattress from a local distributor therefore not a problem. Lotus brand mattress is not exactly a branded mattress Sealy, Serta but acting to be one. The bed frame is not local made and likely was assembled them in thailand, m'sia or even china that's y they always have problem with the shipping. Their workmanship cannot make it..intially promised me that they can sewed 4 crystals on the leather of my headboard (which is quite common) but in the end he told me the crystals keep dropping therefore advise me to go without the crystals. My bedframe got postpone and postpone till i got so fed up and ask for refund. That's where things get ugly. I also ordered a storage bed from them at not a cheap price....mine is all history but i cant bear to see innocent customers kena cheated by this scam guy Wee Juo.

Btw did u pay in full via the 12 months interest free credit card? If u do so...GOOD LUCK to u cos u'll be in for trouble time. I certainly do hope u just paid a small small deposit.

Penguin35 : So did you managed to get your refund back? I had the same horrid situation as many ppl on this forum. I am intending to cancel the whole transaction as I just did a full purchase today.