Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cloudy

Mattress Atrium - Anyone Have Experience With Them?

As expected my delivery got delayed again! they promised to sent down today and i have specially taken off today. they say will give me a call to confirm the timing yesterday. waited the whole day but they didn't call. so i call them up just now. their usual excuse, container got delayed and the earliest they can send is on the 8th. and my worst nightmare came true, i amgoing to have my housewarming without my bed.

You are legally entitled to cancel the order if the supplier misses the delivery date written on your order. If you go to small claims you will get your money back.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Glad and lucky... my bedframe has been delivered to my hous without any delays or hccups.... Hopefully it can be trouble-free....

As expected my delivery got delayed again! they promised to sent down today and i have specially taken off today. they say will give me a call to confirm the timing yesterday. waited the whole day but they didn't call. so i call them up just now. their usual excuse, container got delayed and the earliest they can send is on the 8th. and my worst nightmare came true, i amgoing to have my housewarming without my bed.

I guess they should at least have the courtesy to give the customer a call informing them about the delay rather than you call up after a long wait. A day leave is money and it comes in handy when you have more important things whereby you need to apply for the leave.

my bedframe was finally delivered to me last night. Jade promised to call me on the 7th, yet she did not call again. this is the 2nd time. so i call them up at 9.30pm and Joe answered the call. he apologise and confirm with me the delivery will be on the 8th 10.30pm( because i can only reach home at that time). previously i told Jade that delivery should be in the morning, so there's someone around to open the door. Joe said will compensate me with some free gifts. but none was delivered. i'm not interested in their free gifts so i don't bother to call them again. yesterday at 8.30pm the delivery man called and say they are on the way, i had to take a cab n rush back to open the door for them if not they are not going to wait until 10.30pm which is the agreed delivery time. the only consolation is that the quality of the bedframe is to my expectations.

Edited by jerra

my bedframe was finally delivered to me last night. Jade promised to call me on the 7th, yet she did not call again. this is the 2nd time. so i call them up at 9.30pm and Joe answered the call. he apologise and confirm with me the delivery will be on the 8th 10.30pm( because i can only reach home at that time). previously i told Jade that delivery should be in the morning, so there's someone around to open the door. Joe said will compensate me with some free gifts. but none was delivered. i'm not interested in their free gifts so i don't bother to call them again. yesterday at 8.30pm the delivery man called and say they are on the way, i had to take a cab n rush back to open the door for them if not they are not going to wait until 10.30pm which is the agreed delivery time. the only consolation is that the quality of the bedframe is to my expectations.

To what I know is that Mattress Atrium bedframes mostly from a supplier CITY FURNITURE Co Pte Ltd,who has 2 showrooms for themself,one in Beach Rd Furniture Mall and one in Sungei Kadut IFC named MDC Furniture.During November and December are PEAK period season,shipment delays,delivery delays are beyond Mattress Atrium control.Mattress Atrium take stocks from them and besides Mattress Atrium,there are several retailers who are also taking stocks from them as well,such as OM,St Louis(IMM),Beng Hwa Furniture(IMM),Homestore-Sealy (IMM) and more in the whole furniture trade in Singapore are facing the same problems as Mattress Atrium,because too much orders,supplied too many retailers in Singapore,lack of man power to manufature and company internal conflict,definately will conclude to this.I'm in this trade too,I'm one of these retailers and a victim as well,City Furniture Co Pte Ltd will settle their own showroom orders FIRST before other retailers,understood.But having jepardize the rest of the retailers is not a company with the real BUSINESS ATTICS.I am not siding Mattress Atrium,just wanting ALL READERS in the FORUM to know the whole entire ISSUE and to have a fair judgement towards all FURNITURE & MATTRESS TRADE.My company involve in the forum as well,which companies don't.But I believe no company wants to have any delivery delays or any issues in their own company.So therefore,the rest is up to you readers,just remember,this is SINGAPORE.All businessman has to be straight,responsible and has business attics,otherwise lets see.!!!! :)

WOW, u just create an account to speak up for MA. so i can't blame them for not informing me in advance of the delay? so they are not to be blame for not calling me at least to inform me about it, and i have to chase after them everytime? so i can't blame Jade who don't keep her promise?

i'm glad i didn't get anything from species too. you know what i mean. :)

Edited by jerra

**** lousy service.. quality of bedframe gd? well.. how about the assembling part of your bedframe? hope it's good. did you check the screws they used? according to the delivery man who fixed the bed.. mattress atrium did not supply the screws.. they used whatever old screws they have in their tool box.. we realised the bedframe wasnt assembled properly.. there's a gap in between the 2 'boxes' which supports the bedframe (storage bedframe).. when asked, they replied sorry we do not have the long screw which was required. if we didnt ask, that's it, the problem would just be there.. imagine u paid for this wonderful product which they claimed..

delivery, nothing heard from jade or joe.. u hv to chase them like crazy.. always delaying delivery.. coming up with all sorts of excuses.. can spend the whole day waiting n chase them n they can tell u nt delivering today.. wad kind of service is tt? don't even hv the courtesy to call and inform us?

the 'extra' things promised when closing the deal? all fake.. wrote down a whole list of free stuffs.. pillows, bolsters, blankets, etc.. only pillows appear though in the invoice it stated clearly that the package includes everything

to all who wanna purchase their quality products, please do not ever pay full..

PS: i've created this account to warn anyone who wanna purchase from them.. sales talk gd.. other than tt.. money suckers..

Mattress Atrium..... :bangwall:

How I wish that my cousin have read all this posting before buying from this shop!!!

In terms of product they are selling good stuff, never deny. :good:

But in terms of salesmanship, they are very bad...... I think this guy by the name of Joe is the boss, with very thick eye brow, :notti:

to get the sales, he will say every thing also no problem :rolleyes: .... but when time to delivery... they fail to deliver accordingly.

Tried to call him, but many times he is not in the shop....don't know if he is hiding or just too shameful :bleah: to answer.

If we have earlier read this forum about Mattress Atrium @ Furniture Mall, I think we would have gone other place to buy the Lotus mattress and bedframe.

We will not ever go or even recommend anyone to this shop whom do not stand by their words!!! 8|

watever: i didnt check the assembling part as i was busy check to see if there are any defects as the china n indian worker are rushing off. my delivery time is at 10.30pm. they call me before 9pm say they are coming now. i told them i can only reach home at 10.30pm and they wanted to push the delivery to the next day. it has already been delayed so i don't want anymore delay. i had to stop my work and take a cab and rush back. i understand how u feel about having to chase after them. we are the one paying yet we are the one calling them to check instead of them calling to inform us.

chua: during my purchase Joe told me reputation is very important to them and they have been in this industries for so many years, i can go and check. i shouldn't have believe it and if i check too, i wont order from them and true enough they are giving so much problems to customers. now when i tell back abt what he said, i really feel like laughing. their reputation are so bad yet he still got the cheek to say that.

Mattress Atrium..... :bangwall:

How I wish that my cousin have read all this posting before buying from this shop!!!

In terms of product they are selling good stuff, never deny. :good:

But in terms of salesmanship, they are very bad...... I think this guy by the name of Joe is the boss, with very thick eye brow, :notti:

to get the sales, he will say every thing also no problem :rolleyes: .... but when time to delivery... they fail to deliver accordingly.

Tried to call him, but many times he is not in the shop....don't know if he is hiding or just too shameful :bleah: to answer.

If we have earlier read this forum about Mattress Atrium @ Furniture Mall, I think we would have gone other place to buy the Lotus mattress and bedframe.

We will not ever go or even recommend anyone to this shop whom do not stand by their words!!! 8|

To all deliveries,I believe Mattress Atrium is getting the supplier to do delivery,a lot of retail companies are doing so,getting stocks from other suppliers and deliveries will be done by the suppliers themselves,but once the supplier has a problem,it will definately affect the retailers,which is beyond the retailers' jurisdiction.Is all happening all round Singapore especially during Festive Seasons,Mattress Atrium is not the only one,OM,SEALY,MDC,SPECIES,FC and many more companies dealing with beds.The retailers can't do anything if suppliers claim to have problems,but to face customer about the delays,ALL RETAILERS will never want anything to happen,but smooth operating to their customers.If retailers create hassles to customers is like getting themselves to ''jump off a building and die'',they are not stupid to do things like that,especially they are bosses,owners and entreprenaunts of their company,don't think people like that would want to create unneccessary hassle to customers when they are in service industry,knowing eventually will affect themselves,and it will be a waste of time and money,which is ALL RETAILERS main concern.So that's why I don't think they will.I won't know how you guys think,to me,I never blame the RETAILERS,but only the source of the SUPPLERS.Mattress Atrium is NOT a manufacturer or supplier,ONLY a retailer.All retailers sell products,retailers don't do deliveries,poducts are good,deliveries delaid,source of the delays caused by? The quality of the poducts generated by? Ans:SUPPLIERS and MANUFACTURERS

THAT'S WHAT I BELIEVE.BE FAIR TO THE RETAILERS IN THESE INDUSTRY.

To all deliveries,I believe Mattress Atrium is getting the supplier to do delivery,a lot of retail companies are doing so,getting stocks from other suppliers and deliveries will be done by the suppliers themselves,but once the supplier has a problem,it will definately affect the retailers,which is beyond the retailers' jurisdiction.Is all happening all round Singapore especially during Festive Seasons,Mattress Atrium is not the only one,OM,SEALY,MDC,SPECIES,FC and many more companies dealing with beds.The retailers can't do anything if suppliers claim to have problems,but to face customer about the delays,ALL RETAILERS will never want anything to happen,but smooth operating to their customers.If retailers create hassles to customers is like getting themselves to ''jump off a building and die'',they are not stupid to do things like that,especially they are bosses,owners and entreprenaunts of their company,don't think people like that would want to create unneccessary hassle to customers when they are in service industry,knowing eventually will affect themselves,and it will be a waste of time and money,which is ALL RETAILERS main concern.So that's why I don't think they will.I won't know how you guys think,to me,I never blame the RETAILERS,but only the source of the SUPPLERS.Mattress Atrium is NOT a manufacturer or supplier,ONLY a retailer.All retailers sell products,retailers don't do deliveries,poducts are good,deliveries delaid,source of the delays caused by? The quality of the poducts generated by? Ans:SUPPLIERS and MANUFACTURERS

Interesting observation. Consider this, who takes the consumers' money? The retailers or the so called suppliers. The retailer is the person selling the product to the end-user, they must be responsible for the coordination of the deliveries. If all they have to do is to coordinate deliveries and they can't even do that properly, do they deserve to make a profit on the sale?

Retailers are not stupid, if the manufacturers consistently miss delivery dates, they must be able to factor in these problems and arrange accordingly instead of promising consumers deliveries that they know cannot be met just to make the sale.

Edited by SamTheMan

to the buyer, the contractual agreement is with the retailer (in this case, MA) and NOT with the supplier. it is the responsibility of the retailer to ensure the supplier gets the goods delivered on time. if the supplier over commits, the retailer has to pressure the supplier. how is the consumer to know which supplier the retailer gets the bed from.

so while it may not be the fault of the retailer, he is the one that should be trying the solve the problem instead of pushing it to the supplier.

At last the Bedframe arrive. :yamseng:

But to our surprise :furious: ...... after a few conversation with the delivery man we manage to find out that the so-called "Australia Bedframe" is actually Made In Malaysia NOT Australia!!! This is so dishonest of them telling us that their bedframe is from Australia!!!!! Because of this, we even try to find out from LOTUS Thailand if the parts inside is really from US and Belgium.... well it turn out to be true :sport-smiley-018:

Well.... We really hope that all consumer will think twice about dealing with Mattress Atrium. We reckon that the so called boss; with thick eyebrow is just trying to be friendly with all customer just to get business. This is very unethical!!!!!!

wow, i realise i was also told the "still have some space in container can squeeze in and can give you good price for it"

actually as long as product quality is good and delivery is prompt, i dun really care what gimmick they use to make me buy.

pray hard that everything will be smooth... :unsure: