Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cloudy

Mattress Atrium - Anyone Have Experience With Them?

I spent a total of 3k for both mattress and bedframe… sure they used de container closing tactic on me, but come on this is how ppl make sales, wouldn't blame dem for it…. Most impt was receiving de final product in good condition and I was satisfied…. Some of u guys might have had grievances wid dem before and I understand ur frustration.... but lets hope tat dey had finally put their delivery problems behind them... I wish Mattress Atrium all de best.....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Went to Mattress Atrium branch at the Furniture Mall along Beach Road and boy, loads of hard sell talk and using the tactic that they are honest and kept chasing us away by asking us to order from other shops since could get a lower price. Even though leather sample given stated that our chosen color need not charge extra, he said tagged wrongly & proceeded with add-on charges. We wonder samples were there for so long surely not now then discovered tagged wrongly right?

The sales guy got worked up and impatient when we said Dunlopillow don't charge extra for increase in storage bed height. Common on, it's consumer's right to press for lower prices and it's up to sales guy to convince us that his is the best deal right? He got so worked up that he kept using the same tactic to ask us order elsewhere but we already visited his shop many times & really wanted to place order liao but he no see it. Then he said leather only for front of headboard, the back & bed frame are PU/PVC else another round of add-on charges.

Next he said must pay in full then can order else please order elsewhere that's when I smell fish. If he sells good stuff, surely customers will willingly pay up difference upon delivery right? Why he so afraid? Never ever pay full in advance else get no service so we up & out the door & within 15 minutes, promptly ordered a full leather king size storage bed & a mattress from Englander a floor below.

Sandy's English is not fluent but she gave very good service and really honest & sincere in wanting our business for she not only match her competitor Mattress Atrium price plus all the customization we wanted, she also gave us 100% real leather with our chosen color for all areas that can be seen including the bed frame plus absorption of GST which the other wanted to charge us 50% GST chargeable!

We highly recommend Sandy from Englander on the second floor of The Furniture Mall Beach Road.

So far this is the only gd review... It is still a risk to buy from them seeing on previous review...

So advise to all is to skip this shop.... See how they can overcharge 8k for a same mattress at court tell u about this company... SKIP at all means...

Received my mattress and bedframe right on time!!! They called a day in advance to confirm delivery and confirmed the timing…. On the delivery day, they came right on schedule…. And the mattress is super comfy!!! Personally, I feel Mattress Atrium is past their woes... U guys just have to book a month or 45 days in advance.... Ken was overly helpful and I had called him a week in advance to check up on the delivery and he assured me that it will be delivered... And seriously the mattress is heavenly.... Two Thumbs to them!!! :)

So far this is the only gd review... It is still a risk to buy from them seeing on previous review...

So advise to all is to skip this shop.... See how they can overcharge 8k for a same mattress at court tell u about this company... SKIP at all means...

Advise all to skip this shop.... There is a post on them at stomp... Go see the bad post at stomp...

Hi all

Sorry for digging up this old thread as I was just doing some research on this shop.

I have placed a deposit for a mattress and bedframe from this Olena shop from City Square. As I could not find too much of information on Olena, I searched for Mattress Atrium as the shop was listed as Mattress Atrium/Olena on the City Square directory.

I am horrified to read all this reviews as I too, was taken in by his fanciful stories about how hes the boss, container filling up so can squeeze in my order, hand sewn mattresses and all others colorful stuffs. No doubt, the mattress did feel really great and all but all this lies I have read online has angered me at how he could have probably came up with all this nonsense.

Hopefully anyone here who has bought from them recently can give me some valuable feedback.

To be really fair, his name is not Joe or Adrian or any mentioned in this thread, but he does have a thick eyebrow.

Any help and feedback is very very much appreciated.

Thank you

Hi all

Sorry for digging up this old thread as I was just doing some research on this shop.

I have placed a deposit for a mattress and bedframe from this Olena shop from City Square. As I could not find too much of information on Olena, I searched for Mattress Atrium as the shop was listed as Mattress Atrium/Olena on the City Square directory.

I am horrified to read all this reviews as I too, was taken in by his fanciful stories about how hes the boss, container filling up so can squeeze in my order, hand sewn mattresses and all others colorful stuffs. No doubt, the mattress did feel really great and all but all this lies I have read online has angered me at how he could have probably came up with all this nonsense.

Hopefully anyone here who has bought from them recently can give me some valuable feedback.

To be really fair, his name is not Joe or Adrian or any mentioned in this thread, but he does have a thick eyebrow.

Any help and feedback is very very much appreciated.

Thank you

Is his name Pierce? Wears a baseball cap and speaks with a slight American accent.

Long long ago this guy already go round scamming ppl hard earned money.

And our CASE and government till today still allow him to scam ppl money easily. Why r there no clearcut laws to protect our consumer in spore.

Go police , police say is civil case

Go CASE. The gal say fill up form n wait for reply and when CASE call, either is partial refund or go small claims court.

These scammers have been making used of spore lax laws to scam innocent ppl hard earned money.

Maybe we should shout loudly for our government to pass laws to protect our consumer rights

Does anybody know where Bez Gallery has moved to, or where their warehouse is? Their retail store used to be at Marina Square #03-319/320 but very recently I heard they got kicked out of the mall because they didn't pay their rent.

They changed their name from Mattress Atrium to Bez Gallery and I bought an Olena mattress from them recently and pretty sure I was scammed. CASE couldn't help me (the guy said 'oh these guys again') so I went to Small Claims Court - that Pierce guy turned up once and so did another Chinese lady (his wife?) in the beginning, but they skipped the actual hearing, so the money order was awarded to me for a full refund.

Now I'm trying to enforce the claim and send the bailiffs down to their shop, but now they are not at Marina Square, does anyone know where they have moved to? would appreciate any help. A neighbouring shop told me they were in Faber Drive, but I'm hoping to get a more detailed address if possible.

Also, if anyone else got scammed by them, I'd like to hear from you too. They have over 20 CASE reports against them, and I think we should lean on CASE to take action against them aka the Sim Lim situation, we need better consumer protection laws.

QUOTE (Chua @ Jan 20 2010, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mattress Atrium..... bangwall.gif

How I wish that my cousin have read all this posting before buying from this shop! !!

In terms of product they are selling good stuff, never deny. good.gif

But in terms of salesmanship, they are very bad...... I think this guy by the name of Joe is the boss, with very thick eye brow, notti.gif

to get the sales, he will say every thing also no problem rolleyes.gif .... but when time to delivery... they fail to deliver accordingly.

Tried to call him, but many times he is not in the shop....don't know if he is hiding or just too shameful bleah.gif to answer.

If we have earlier read this forum about Mattress Atrium @ Furniture Mall, I think we would have gone other place to buy the Lotus mattress and bedframe.

We will not ever go or even recommend anyone to this shop whom do not stand by their words! !!bottom.gif

To all deliveries,I believe Mattress Atrium is getting the supplier to do delivery,a lot of retail companies are doing so,getting stocks from other suppliers and deliveries will be done by the suppliers themselves,but once the supplier has a problem,it will definately affect the retailers,which is beyond the retailers' jurisdiction.Is all happening all round Singapore especially during Festive Seasons,Mattress Atrium is not the only one,OM,SEALY,MDC,SPECIES,FC and many more companies dealing with beds.The retailers can't do anything if suppliers claim to have problems,but to face customer about the delays,ALL RETAILERS will never want anything to happen,but smooth operating to their customers.If retailers create hassles to customers is like getting themselves to ''jump off a building and die'',they are not stupid to do things like that,especially they are bosses,owners and entreprenaunts of their company,don't think people like that would want to create unneccessary hassle to customers when they are in service industry,knowing eventually will affect themselves,and it will be a waste of time and money,which is ALL RETAILERS main concern.So that's why I don't think they will.I won't know how you guys think,to me,I never blame the RETAILERS,but only the source of the SUPPLERS.Mattress Atrium is NOT a manufacturer or supplier,ONLY a retailer.All retailers sell products,retailers don't do deliveries,poducts are good,deliveries delaid,source of the delays caused by? The quality of the poducts generated by? Ans:SUPPLIERS and MANUFACTURERS

THAT'S WHAT I BELIEVE.BE FAIR TO THE RETAILERS IN THESE INDUSTRY.

I totally disagree. It is the retailers that take the money of the consumers. It is the retailers responsibility to deal with suppliers to ensure that the consumer gets what they ordered.

Retailers cannot blame the suppliers. It is the retailers to make sure that the suppliers can deliver what is promised before committing to the consumer.

hi, I am a victim of Bez Gallery too. Pierce didn't attend the court hearing and the court awarded us full refund. Now I am waiting for his refund which I doubt it will materialised given my past experiences with him. May I know what is your next course of action? Maybe we may have to work together for our common interest.