Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
doggielover

Cheaper alternatives to BLUM system?

Just went to Tampiness Ikea, couldnt find any :furious:

I was playing with the display tho, damm nice to slam the door and watch it slow down and close by itself :)

I went to check out at Ikea too.. only their drawers was quite like Blum.. The doors self close cos of this additional stopper like they install near the end of the door , their hinges are not like Blum's..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

heard that IKEA outsource the installation of their kitchen to another company...anyone noe who's the installer for IKEA's kitchen ahhh???

drawer is good, for Blum, but not the cabinet door stopper......just get any cheapo china brand would be fine. Just a feedback from my closet designer......

I am also interested too..

Are u all opting for pull out drawers type?

Pointer 1 : there is no cheaper alternative if you are looking for blum track or its alternative as the price range is around there. The good thing is that these brands of track give a soft closing that do not bang. The slow closing motion near end will protection the door hinges and drawer cover. However, there are alternative method to the same effect; ie go ikea to buy a those suction pad with 1 hydaulic pump attached to cabinet and a rubber pad to door or drawer. When the pad touches the pin of the pump, the system will pull the door/drawer inward softly.

Pointer 2 : Other the the blum system, drawer track are sub divided to full extension or normal extension. The different is full extension enable the drawer to fully open without part of the drawer remain within the cabinet. Usually, full extension is heavier duty than the common one but certainly cost slightly more.

The anti-slam track will take up more space than the normal type, so have to take that into consideration since kitchen space is getting smaller in the new flats.

Therefore, need to get the track pass to carpentry for them to have the correct dimension of the drawer.

I bought the $2 per piece bumpers. seems quite weak though. maybe ot so effective for drawers.

Doors still able to close slowly.

Doubt so for drawers.

Anyway, is the Drawer runners able to fit any kind of drawers i install? or muz use their drawers?

I bought the $2 per piece bumpers. seems quite weak though. maybe ot so effective for drawers.

Doors still able to close slowly.

Doubt so for drawers.

Anyway, is the Drawer runners able to fit any kind of drawers i install? or muz use their drawers?

IKEA sells the entire drawer (the wooden base and the drawer runners) as a set... the drawer dimensions available are 30, 40, 50, 60 and 80cm... so the cabinet width must be one of these sizes in order to use the IKEA drawers...

for drawer runners only, gotta buy from BLUM through a BLUM dealer... then u can fit in any drawer width...

hi, i had just confirmed a blum system for my kitchen cabinets and drawers for my tv console.

according to my id, who is selling blum they are sold in separate parts eg. runners, screws, etc. so usually those who are distributor will try to package them so that it is easier for lay man like us.

Cost as follow:

1. tandem runners for wooden drawers for 30kg (4 nos) is $240, so each is $60.

2. metal boxside for 50kg with blummotion for 5nos is $500

3. inner drawer for 50kgs is $95. (inner drawer is useful when you need to partition a single drawer into two, top and bottom.

4. hinges for each is $3.50

5. blumotion is $2.50 each.

All these can be reused later if you should change ur kitchen cabinet again.

hope it helps

^^ In my kitchen cabinet quotation, I do not get to see the real cost breakdown of my Blum parts. What my kitchen ID quotes me is the cost of each wooden drawer which is $110 each. And this is the top-up price from the pfr cost.

^^ In my kitchen cabinet quotation, I do not get to see the real cost breakdown of my Blum parts. What my kitchen ID quotes me is the cost of each wooden drawer which is $110 each. And this is the top-up price from the pfr cost.

i just completed my renovation, what a lesson i had learnt about blum product. Product is good, but make sure your carpenter is skilled, otherwise, you will be in for a nightmare.

Mine was a nightmare, as the worker from the ID company is not skilled, so at the end, i had to install more hinges than necessary just to achieve the soft closing... :P

Another lesson, see some showroom or ask to view some house which your ID claimed he had done before. Is a MUST!

i just completed my renovation, what a lesson i had learnt about blum product. Product is good, but make sure your carpenter is skilled, otherwise, you will be in for a nightmare.

Mine was a nightmare, as the worker from the ID company is not skilled, so at the end, i had to install more hinges than necessary just to achieve the soft closing... :bangwall:

Another lesson, see some showroom or ask to view some house which your ID claimed he had done before. Is a MUST!

What happen?? Can share or comment??

So others can look out for this, if its happen to us. Any pics to show??

Why must install extra hinges to achieve the soft close effect?? Thought as long the hinges is install that will be it.

Thanks