Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Prune

Direct From Hdb, So Difficult!

Getting married this year and realised how difficult it is, want to get a flat but most keys are unavilable till 3-4 years laters. Want to get resale, you are paying like 80k more (as compred to selling price of new HDB flat). **** sian. Anyone can share their experience? Not staying with parents because I know sure will quarrel one, so better not. Rent flat a bit stupid because not that we don't have place to stay. Stay far far away difficult to get to work (I want Sengkang or Punggol).

What's your experience of house searching? Do you take very long? I am planning 6 months to look for one at my estate if bo then i extend my search elsewhere.

Hi Prune,

Guess we're in the same boat. Initially late last year mt fiance and i tried to apply for a BTO flat in sengkang.But by the time hdb call us up,we change our mind. Dun wana wait for 5 yrs for a flat lor...

So then both of us decided to apply via hdb bi-yearly sale. the one in oct last yr.. bo pian..cos queue no given was 3000 plus plus...n there were only 800 flats avail. So we decide to apply once again for this apr bi yearly sale 2009...and guess wat...

luck was on our side. got a small queue no 100 plus n we ended getting a house at abt 205k only. New somemore. In sembawang la.(near our parents)

For your info HDB has 2 bi-yearly sale each yr. one in oct n another in apr. These are flats that has either been rejected by new home owners or repossesed by HDB.only need to pay 10 registration fee.

So best of luck ya ... i hope this info has help abit

Cheers! :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Prune,

Guess we're in the same boat. Initially late last year mt fiance and i tried to apply for a BTO flat in sengkang.But by the time hdb call us up,we change our mind. Dun wana wait for 5 yrs for a flat lor...

So then both of us decided to apply via hdb bi-yearly sale. the one in oct last yr.. bo pian..cos queue no given was 3000 plus plus...n there were only 800 flats avail. So we decide to apply once again for this apr bi yearly sale 2009...and guess wat...

luck was on our side. got a small queue no 100 plus n we ended getting a house at abt 205k only. New somemore. In sembawang la.(near our parents)

For your info HDB has 2 bi-yearly sale each yr. one in oct n another in apr. These are flats that has either been rejected by new home owners or repossesed by HDB.only need to pay 10 registration fee.

So best of luck ya ... i hope this info has help abit

Cheers! :P

Hello, maybe i'm abit lucky. when to hdb tot just pay $10 to try but in e end ,on the spot PAY $2000 to book flat. ya waited for almost 2 yr. flat will b ready next month. HEE HEE

good luck!

Cheers

donate "10" to hdb too... currently a lot of pple looking for new flats, demand is really too high compare to supply and yet hdb really took their own sweet time to supply. good way of mainten high profit.

I was an active donor too!

I remember the best number i got was 333 out of 700 units, 2k+ Queue..! Sounds good?

Well... It was a ballot for those repossess/unsold houses ..

Forget abought the fact that some are truely in un-sellable state eg. 2nd storey.. face carpark..

Forget about the fact that some have beautiful drawings by Sharkies

I was still unable to get a flat!

Why?

I took leave for that day of 1st appointment.. and 1 day b4 that.. all my shortlisted 5 flats were grabbed!

Left those un sold unit in Jurong West st 93 with corners my hubby deemed un acceptable..

We gave up.. and bought my current unit, which was b4 the crisis, 10k COV only =D

Still not that bad bahhh...

I only paid $10 for 2 times, but already realised that I do not want to based my lifetime happiness on luck, so decided to go for resale. Anyway, if want to go for mature estate, it is almost impossible to get a new flat now. Just feel that HDB is not doing what it is supposed to do, which is to supply us with new houses. Got money also cannot buy!

Lucky after donating $20, we got a 3rm flat for $110k.. The feeling is like strike ToTo... :P

....Just feel that HDB is not doing what it is supposed to do, which is to supply us with new houses.

It is not HDB's job to provide new homes.

Hey all, my first post and i think this topic is appropriate~ :)

I've balloted a total of 7 times since 2007. The best number so far I've got is 900+ (BTO:900~1300+, Half-yearly: 3000~5000). Each time I've been "chosen" to go down for selection, I'm left with level 2-4 units, and the ethnic quota for the flat would almost be met. Dunno why they ask me to go down also :/.

Anyway, after 7 times of hopes and agony, we've decided to get a resale unit and have recently gotten one in SK. :)

HDB's Mission..

We provide affordable homes of quality and value.

We create vibrant and sustainable towns.

We promote the building of active and cohesive communities.

We inspire and enable all staff to give of their best.

Oh well.. :furious:

I shd be counted lucky, I got my flat at 2nd attempt for BTO. But have to wait for a few years b4 the flat is ready.

Intially wanted to get resales, but we found it too expensive. So meanwhile, it 's saving and scrimping, Cos new flats are equally expensive!!!

I got mine in the last WIS (walk-in selection) 2 years ago

considered lucky, as people are queuing over night and i went last min... dont even need to pay $10

as my Q # is way pass the supply of 800+, my q # is 4300+.

Getting married this year and realised how difficult it is, want to get a flat but most keys are unavilable till 3-4 years laters. Want to get resale, you are paying like 80k more (as compred to selling price of new HDB flat). **** sian. Anyone can share their experience? Not staying with parents because I know sure will quarrel one, so better not. Rent flat a bit stupid because not that we don't have place to stay. Stay far far away difficult to get to work (I want Sengkang or Punggol).

What's your experience of house searching? Do you take very long? I am planning 6 months to look for one at my estate if bo then i extend my search elsewhere.

It had been more than 6 month already. Hope by now you have got your deam home.

I got mine in the last WIS (walk-in selection) 2 years ago

considered lucky, as people are queuing over night and i went last min... dont even need to pay $10

as my Q # is way pass the supply of 800+, my q # is 4300+.

Wow, u din even pay the $10! Walk in selection has the advantage of getting the flat immediately, dun have to wait.

oh no...i mean WIS is much faster if u wanna get a flat. but not sure if this policy was scrapped already. however u can consider resale...now economy very bad so cov is much lesser. a fren of mine got hers without paying for any cov in tampines!

that time I didn't know went to HDB ask, no more WIS, no more left over flats.... gotten my resale le but still sad... renovation is a bomb...