Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
poseidon_gal

J & J 's Little Den

bad news.. spotted a few water marks on my walls.. both master bedroom wall and bedroom 2 wall..

tmrw i will call town council.. was deciding between calling HDB or town council.. then my mum told me

everything inside the house call HDB.. everything out the house call town council..

since the water leakage come from external wall..i will call town council..

need to get it done before darren starts the renovation..

will be meeting darren again this coming sat..to see the proposed layout plan..revised copy coz my fengshui master gave a few advice and there are quite a few things need to be change..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
bad news.. spotted a few water marks on my walls.. both master bedroom wall and bedroom 2 wall..

tmrw i will call town council.. was deciding between calling HDB or town council.. then my mum told me

everything inside the house call HDB.. everything out the house call town council..

since the water leakage come from external wall..i will call town council..

need to get it done before darren starts the renovation..

will be meeting darren again this coming sat..to see the proposed layout plan..revised copy coz my fengshui master gave a few advice and there are quite a few things need to be change..

Hmm since you have started first then I will monitor closely to your tread.. :D

Anyway, back to the topic, I hope there will be no major problem to your watermark issue. Possible leak from aircon piping since it come from all your bedrooms ? :unsure:

Hi PGal,

I chanced upon one of the replies you had posted and noted your "Current Status : Just called Town council to complain abt the water mark on my bedroom wall.." which prompted me to share with you what is going on with my friend's flat in Tampines.

Looks like you might have the same problem as my friend. She bought the unit early last year. When it's a rainy, the water would seep in for both rooms - water leaking from power socket on water, water leaking from little holes on the wall above where the window panels are, moldy spots on the walls, ceiling, etc.

It's really stressful as she couldn't arrange her things in proper in that room as she is still patiently waiting for the town council peeps to rectify it.

So, do check out carefully where could be the problem areas; check with the previous owners; ask the agent.

Hope they are not in any of the areas that you might have built in cabinets.

Keep us posted on how it goes and I'll share it with my friend too.

KK

realised my quote didnt include door as i forgot to tell darren i am interested to change the old door to veneer door..

hmmm if i change door to veneer door need to change door frame as well?

Anyone know how much will it cost to change door and door frame???

from my understanding veneer doors have 2 types... 1 type hollow and the other type solid. hollow type cost 110 and solid type 140(contractor price) and both does not comes wif door handles and installation.

Frame no need to change unless u require. :)

I can only see water mark in one of the rooms.. keep fingers cross that the rest of the walls are okie..

My mother has told me NOT to build any cabinets on those walls that are the building external walls.. so in case *touch wood* got water leakage issue also easier to settle..

The town council guy in charge of my case will come and take photos this coming monday..

So far i am not too stress over this issue as i can only start my renovate after 25 april..

The town council guy came down today.. Mr J showed him the problem area and he agree that the water mark is caused by water coming in from external wall..

So he is going to bring in his contractor to find out which part of the wall is causing the problem.. hopefully it will be solve soon and case close.. anyway it is very difficult for him to deny..

waterd.th.jpg

want to ask..anyone uses Samsung Staron kitchen solid top??? it is 100% acrylic solid surface..think it is cheaper than corian..

I almost chose corian then samsung then in the end, bellus due to cost reasons....hehe

But I think you still need to take care of it regardless of the brand that you choose...but I didnt get any reply from ppl here in RT who r using corian so in the end, my wallet makes the decision for me ;)

In the end...i did not take any expensive solid surface..just take my ID default one to save $$$

I almost chose corian then samsung then in the end, bellus due to cost reasons....hehe

But I think you still need to take care of it regardless of the brand that you choose...but I didnt get any reply from ppl here in RT who r using corian so in the end, my wallet makes the decision for me ;)

We got a very tight budget and it is very difficult to stay within the budget. How much $$ I left over after the renovation will determine my honeymoon location..

Renovation started already? Hope everything's fine for you.

usually renovation will end up paying more...taking into consideration the electrical work etc etc..

no lah..havent start yet.. My FMIL want us to start AFTER 25/4/09..so we are still waiting lor.. going for tiles selection next sat.. *excited*

You can go for tiles viewing first before your actual appointment time with your ID.. There will be a lot of tiles to choose from. A pre walk through will be helpful to narrow down your selection..

Although our reno yet to start..we are not doing nothing okie.. we went down Sungei Kadut twice..furniture mall once.. IMM once..to take look at different furniture and try to search for all the right furniture for our place (of coz must be within budget lah)..

Basically i think we comb almost all the "must visit" places liao... but then i am still not able to find the sofa i wan.. difficult lah.. the sofa need to be around 3m in length.. full leather..high back rest..not too firm..modern looking..L shape the best (I dont mind 3+2 seater but still prefer L shape)..and within budget.. less than 2.5K.. GO WHERE TO FIND???? :( Mr J say i very picky... :unsure:

I know what mattress i want liao.. the top 3 S are NOT within my budget..so i am going for the 4th S..haha considering between Slumberland royal princess and Slumberland royal bliss.. now waiting for the best deal..most prob will buy during GSS..not in a hurry anyway..

Did a bit of WC and kitchen/toiliet accessories hunting.. Mr J found a very interesting rain shower that comes with a "water fall "function.. He is going gaga over that..there goes our plan of having only instant heater.. now need to instant storage tank liao.. ;) most prob will just get a small storage tank ( 25 L bah..) for the rain shower and another instant heater for MBR toilet.. heard horror stories of how a huge storage tank will trip the ELCB..

Did a bit of lighting hunting also.. since we are not going to install any false ceiling.. no cove lighting..we need to find nice nice lights for our house..not cheap ley.. a simple one can cost $100++.. anyone bought their lights from light makers@ Jalan Besar???

Of coz I am reading all the T-blogs here... alot of updates...haha difficult to follow some times..

We finalize our renovation quote..35K..exclude lightings..hopefully we are wont add too much item along the way...

Next sat going for tiles selection!!!! heee *excited*

Town council called and told Mr J they have settle the water mark problem on our wall and advise us to get our contractor to apply a oil based sealent to the wall.. will tell Darren about it next sat..and see if he can do it for us FOC.. hahaha

Will visit S&C furniture@AMK.. hahah but i want to see eveything life size 1st before going down to the shop and look at catalogue..

Although our reno yet to start..we are not doing nothing okie.. we went down Sungei Kadut twice..furniture mall once.. IMM once..to take look at different furniture and try to search for all the right furniture for our place (of coz must be within budget lah)..

Basically i think we comb almost all the "must visit" places liao... but then i am still not able to find the sofa i wan.. difficult lah.. the sofa need to be around 3m in length.. full leather..high back rest..not too firm..modern looking..L shape the best (I dont mind 3+2 seater but still prefer L shape)..and within budget.. less than 2.5K.. GO WHERE TO FIND???? :( Mr J say i very picky... :unsure:

I know what mattress i want liao.. the top 3 S are NOT within my budget..so i am going for the 4th S..haha considering between Slumberland royal princess and Slumberland royal bliss.. now waiting for the best deal..most prob will buy during GSS..not in a hurry anyway..

Re Sofa

We finally found our L-shaped sofa at Furniture Club. And, this is the big surprise - we actually got a very good discount when we went to the branch at Furniture Mall, Beach Road. We were lucky that we didn't make the order at their Sungei Kadut branch.

Re Mattress

Not sure if Simmons is your preference.

Just happen to pass by TradeHub 21 along Boon Lay Way, saw that Ackerman & Smith [for Simmons Beds] is having a closing down sale there. Guess, they are closing this branch.