Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rune

Roof Over Our Heads Up North

hi rune, patpat u. hehe

jason also will do cleaning up before rectifications tomorrow for mine. after next is carpentry work le.

Thanks ;)

So its their practise to cleanup before the cabinet installation? Although excited to see how the new place is coming ... but been put off by the travelling.

By the way, anyone here can recommend any place to get kid (2 yr old) bedding and cupboard. Apart from Ikea, where can one go to? looking at single size bed and drawers. Wife in favour of kiddy concept while I preferred practical. :unsure:

Edited by Rune

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

Keke ... not completed but dunno why the whole house was cleaned up. Rectifications also not done yet. Was told by Jason that they would continue with the rectification, installing of the kitchen cabinet and lightings tomolo. Sorry ah, no developments yet ... so lazy to post pics. This weekend will post any new changes ok :P Now on course and mentally shack from having to travel from Bedok to Upp Jurong Rd daily....

Bedok to Jurong..... :jawdrop: :jawdrop: I'm sick of going up everyday to inspect despite mine is only 15mins walk... :bow:

They will do a lot of rounds of cleaning. I think this round of cleaning is clearing the debris from tiling and sweeping/polishing the floor. Carpentry got a lot of dust flying ard, after that another few rounds of cleaning, then touch up again. Take note of all the electrical work/paint work/tile work to be rectify hor. I was a bit slow in realising my grouting in kitchen floor is a bit uneven, tmr Jason will gather the worker to re-do all the groutings. oh, n try to walk barefoot to feel the tiles for any cutting edges.

Thanks ;)

So its their practise to cleanup before the cabinet installation? Although excited to see how the new place is coming ... but been put off by the travelling.

By the way, anyone here can recommend any place to get kid (2 yr old) bedding and cupboard. Apart from Ikea, where can one go to? looking at single size bed and drawers. Wife in favour of kiddy concept while I preferred practical. :unsure:

Rune, I got my my 2 kids (4yo & 11mo) 2 super single beds from harvey norman at millienia. I like the sturdy bedframes. they are firm and stirdy compared to ikea and can last till they are older. The sides has no guards, but we will buy the guards from the kids store like mothercare or kiddy palace...have yet to hunt.

I think if we get very kiddish furns, they outgrow quite fast, so simple and practical use of the furns are something we are looking at. U can check out at united sq and turf city. I can't remember the names of the shop, but there are a few there.

Hope this helps.

Bedok to Jurong..... :jawdrop: :jawdrop: I'm sick of going up everyday to inspect despite mine is only 15mins walk... :bow:

They will do a lot of rounds of cleaning. I think this round of cleaning is clearing the debris from tiling and sweeping/polishing the floor. Carpentry got a lot of dust flying ard, after that another few rounds of cleaning, then touch up again. Take note of all the electrical work/paint work/tile work to be rectify hor. I was a bit slow in realising my grouting in kitchen floor is a bit uneven, tmr Jason will gather the worker to re-do all the groutings. oh, n try to walk barefoot to feel the tiles for any cutting edges.

mrspiglet, since u mentioned it, my side we also highlighted to Jason the uneven tiling in the MBR mosiac. By the way, what is groutings >.<. Wifey also did not like where the hand spray was installed. Jason was very kind to accede to our request. We also share with Jason that if future, we could avoid this rectification if our opinion could be seek 1st.

Rune, I got my my 2 kids (4yo & 11mo) 2 super single beds from harvey norman at millienia. I like the sturdy bedframes. they are firm and sturdy compared to ikea and can last till they are older. The sides has no guards, but we will buy the guards from the kids store like mothercare or kiddy palace...have yet to hunt.

I think if we get very kiddish furns, they outgrow quite fast, so simple and practical use of the furns are something we are looking at. U can check out at united sq and turf city. I can't remember the names of the shop, but there are a few there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the recommendations!!! Yup guards is my wifey primary concern. Afraid daughter would fall off the bed. But currently she is sleeping on our bed surrounded by pillows :bangwall: Wifey wanted to get the extendable type of bed. But i opinioned that it was unneccesary since we have already bought single comforters and bedding sheets. Ok i would drag her along the field trips.

mrspiglet, since u mentioned it, my side we also highlighted to Jason the uneven tiling in the MBR mosiac. By the way, what is groutings >.<. Wifey also did not like where the hand spray was installed. Jason was very kind to accede to our request. We also share with Jason that if future, we could avoid this rectification if our opinion could be seek 1st.

Groutings is the lines between the tiles. Usually by default they will do white, but we asked for gray groutings for our gray floor tiles which same ended up super dark while the rest r lighter gray. I was also very lucky that hub went back home during lunch n found the plumber going to install the toilet stuff. They nvr pre-empt us or asked in advance where we wanna place our stuff. my common toilet sink almost went into MBR becos the plumber say "Jason says its nicer" *faintz*!!!!

Groutings is the lines between the tiles. Usually by default they will do white, but we asked for gray groutings for our gray floor tiles which same ended up super dark while the rest r lighter gray. I was also very lucky that hub went back home during lunch n found the plumber going to install the toilet stuff. They nvr pre-empt us or asked in advance where we wanna place our stuff. my common toilet sink almost went into MBR becos the plumber say "Jason says its nicer" *faintz*!!!!

:P Well, good thing is they are very flexible ... wife juz told Jason she don't like. They will change it. We also ensured that even when they changed the location, they would change the affected tiles which was drilled into. Thats something very different from other contractors. I have seen from my mom's place renovation previously ... they practically juz patchup the holes only. Thumbup to Ah Soon company of merry man :rolleyes:

:P Well, good thing is they are very flexible ... wife juz told Jason she don't like. They will change it. We also ensured that even when they changed the location, they would change the affected tiles which was drilled into. Thats something very different from other contractors. I have seen from my mom's place renovation previously ... they practically juz patchup the holes only. Thumbup to Ah Soon company of merry man :rolleyes:

I agree with you on that. Ah Soon has pride in his work...

It is unsightly to have holes patched up...

Ah Soon also replaced with new tiles for our shifting of our electrical points in the kitchen. :)

HAPPY.

Edited by fondue_

Thanks for the recommendations!!! Yup guards is my wifey primary concern. Afraid daughter would fall off the bed. But currently she is sleeping on our bed surrounded by pillows :bangwall: Wifey wanted to get the extendable type of bed. But i opinioned that it was unneccesary since we have already bought single comforters and bedding sheets. Ok i would drag her along the field trips.

hmm...maybe your wifey like me very particular?! hehe...

For my kids I usually do not want to compromise on quality...so solid and sturdy furnishings are what I am looking at. before this, I am very particualr...went to several places to look at the kids furnishings and bedding only to realise some materials are similair as those sold outside, but price wise...rocket high! then again, it does not guarantee quality.

I had an extendable bed before, seriously, u are right...not necessary needed. A single bed or a super single if good enough :)

Happy shopping!

i agree!! i like his tilers the most! i hate his electrician thou. Hub says the plumber is pro too. :good:

i agree!! i like his tilers the most! i hate his electrician thou. Hub says the plumber is pro too. :good:

agree with u on that TOTALLY. lol

agree with u on that TOTALLY. lol

I have to say the group of painters who did up my place also half-bucket standard. :(

Thankfully for those still doing reno, Jason told me Ah soon just sacked this group of painters. :good:

Juz inspected my new place, now I understand what u all meant by the electrical works. Well meeting Jason tomolo ... pity Ah Soon & jason ... need to do more rectifications for us again. But I love the work Jason done to the kitchen cabinets. Will post pics tomolo ... stay tune :P

Juz inspected my new place, now I understand what u all meant by the electrical works. Well meeting Jason tomolo ... pity Ah Soon & jason ... need to do more rectifications for us again. But I love the work Jason done to the kitchen cabinets. Will post pics tomolo ... stay tune :P

yups. think it's a common issue for quite a few of us...

YEAH for u on the progress. do show us the pictures tomorrow ;)