Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rune

Roof Over Our Heads Up North

same My living had 2 lighting points at first. the length of my living is 6m... the 2 lighting points are evenly placed at the side so we planted our ceiling fan right between them. :)

ic.... so the motion of the blades does not disturb the lights rays .... i mean i saw in some friend's place whereby the ceiling lights are placed in between the lights .... when the ceiling fan is switch on .... there something like a disco effect ...... the blades cut into the lights rays. :seeya:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
ic.... so the motion of the blades does not disturb the lights rays .... i mean i saw in some friend's place whereby the ceiling lights are placed in between the lights .... when the ceiling fan is switch on .... there something like a disco effect ...... the blades cut into the lights rays. :seeya:

YAAA I really wanted to avoid that. I cannot imagine sitting there with that dizzying effect!

Edited by pinkpetter

Wow u ladies are fast ... I juz happened to click on the fav and juz realised that the links are up :P Well last night juz brought wifey over to new place. As the lights are out, we were scouting around with a torchlight. The toilet fitting which has arrived yesterday have all been fitted yesterday. However, my wifey has other thoughts on how they were placed. As such didn't take any pics. Oh yes, yesterday was a frantic day for me. I went to Geylang Road intending to get my lightings from DK Lighting and Lighting Centre Pte Ltd. However to my dismay, the stocks in Lighting Centre were unavailable and I have to wait for 1 month. Disheartened, I departed for Balestier. I walk to and fro the whole stretch and managed to top-up the selection for my kitchen, dining and MBR lightings before heading off to Geylang road again to purchase the rest of the lightings. I shall post the lightings 1st....

image184d.th.jpg

Lounge Area Lighting - to accompany the Fanco Aroma series ceiling fan.

image164.th.jpg

Not available for MBR - To our dismay

image165njv.th.jpg

Initially intended this for the lounge area ... but since the above was not available - we shall place this in the MBR

image159s.th.jpg

For bedroom 2 - Daughter's room

image163w.th.jpg

For bedroom 3

Edited by Rune

lightgfl.th.jpg

Familiar? Well we got this for the walkway to foyer

image155c.th.jpg

For walkway to store room and bedroom

image185z.th.jpg

2 x of this for kitchen

Toilet lighting and store room from IKEA - no pics

Dining table lighting - pics unavailable

Edited by Rune

Installation of Aircon - 17 Mar 09

image124d.th.jpg

The appointment was 1330H. They came at 1320H. Impressed that they are early...

image126i.th.jpg

Hitachi 2 Split system

image131sol.th.jpg

Compressor

image128t.th.jpg

Armaflex Insulator

image129a.th.jpg

copper piping

Edited by Rune

i bought the cheap ikea lights for my storeroom and service balcony too! working fine and good.

Only part, i bought wrong bulbs and ended up with a very warm cosy service balcony. ;)

me installing ceiling fans too... had a long discussion with my engineer friends on which one better...

3 blade vs 5 blade.... near the ceiling vs pole, then how to have the lights so as not to make it dizzy.... a lot of brain cells man...

i bought the cheap ikea lights for my storeroom and service balcony too! working fine and good.

Only part, i bought wrong bulbs and ended up with a very warm cosy service balcony. ;)

Yup very economical .... juz $3.90 for the round ones while the bathroom is $16.90 .... as for the bulbs ... easy to change .... juz replace them next time lor :P

Hi zonkkie,

Have to agreed, in renovations ...many things to considered.... from where to place the lights to sink.... really a brain drainer :P

Edited by Rune

Aircon installations - con't

image135o.th.jpg

One operated on the outside .. secure by a rope while another work on the inside

image139z.th.jpg

All debris and unwanted stuffs were neatly throw here

image142l.th.jpg

The old compressor

This point onwards, I gotta run then. For your knowleadge ... plz get the technician to fill up the warranty cards for you and the the air-con installation report for HDB properties for submission to the HDB Branch Office. Anyway the GAIN CITY technician did pass me, but he did not signed it. However a call to GAIN CITY and they sent me the doc via mail.

FYI on Gain City, my parents purchase extended warranty from them but everytime they come for repair (3x already), they will need to take the warranty card back. And then need to call many times for them to send it back to you. Nothing wrong but very funny procedure.

Anyway, keep a photocopy of the warranty for reference.

Wah I love that foyer light!!

Die everytime I se eyou all with new lights I want to change my lights... I'm mad... :P Wah seems your light hunting really sent you to a lot of places... my family more lazy.. dun wan to go Balestier see. haha I'm the one who is lazy la :)

Yay Air con up! :)