Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ashes02

The Long Awaited Nest

the TAP!!! I wanted to get that too, but when Hubby looks at the price tag, he says this not good, on top of that, my BIL also say negative things, in the end, i stick to the Franke tap :( so envious....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
this is a great idea...i can put under my to do list...;)

why not put up your request to uncle soon?

any chance to view your house?

PMed u :)

the TAP!!! I wanted to get that too, but when Hubby looks at the price tag, he says this not good, on top of that, my BIL also say negative things, in the end, i stick to the Franke tap :( so envious....

the tap is the most extravagant thing i bot for my hse so far! the rest are really cheapo package and so hubby agreed to let me hv this for once! yah its exp , ard $250. at least helps me to 'brighten' my old kitchen abit :D

ashes, i am dropping by my new place later, can i also go see see look look at your place if convenient? Bring ubby see more of uncle's work...

like i told preciousjam, we only did very simple reno. spend only $13k. so i think mine does not justify Uncle Ah Soon's work and results but if u still keen. Feel free to come. I'll pm u my contact and u jus sms me lah hehe :)

ah? suppose to paint... Is it under Ah Soon? Ah Soon's painting quote includes every single thing in the house to be painted. Whatever you want must be painted.

ashes, i asked uncle when he was at my place today about painting the pipes and all...he says his workers will paint..but I guess they prefer uncle to tell them maybe?

confirm its paint everything. They took the initiative to paint the pipe in my toilet, and also the water pipes leading to my gas heater. :good:

today i asked the painter (he was here alone for the final coat) to paint my pipes again. he made a few calls and told me tat 'Boss (Jason) say paint pipes have to charge xtra' and kept complaining tat he couldnt even finish the rest of the painting today but i saw him on the phone every 20 mins or so..... towards the end of the day, there's still a lot to touch up to do but we jus let him go cos i cant be bothered to tok to him le and before he left, he actually ask me to buy a brush and paint the pipes myself....

so i am wondering.... i actually requested my pipes to be in granite, same as my living hall. can use the leftover paint right? or do Uncle mean tat the pipes can only be painted in white? tats y i hv to be charged xtra?

hai~ these few days hv been bad lor. workers spitting in my newly installed kitchen sink, electricians breaking my lights, @$%^ painter who used my MBR toilet to wash his paint bucket and dun even bother to clean up, my sink was GREEN and floor was PINK when he left.... :curse::(

today i asked the painter (he was here alone for the final coat) to paint my pipes again. he made a few calls and told me tat 'Boss (Jason) say paint pipes have to charge xtra' and kept complaining tat he couldnt even finish the rest of the painting today but i saw him on the phone every 20 mins or so..... towards the end of the day, there's still a lot to touch up to do but we jus let him go cos i cant be bothered to tok to him le and before he left, he actually ask me to buy a brush and paint the pipes myself....

so i am wondering.... i actually requested my pipes to be in granite, same as my living hall. can use the leftover paint right? or do Uncle mean tat the pipes can only be painted in white? tats y i hv to be charged xtra?

hai~ these few days hv been bad lor. workers spitting in my newly installed kitchen sink, electricians breaking my lights, @$%^ painter who used my MBR toilet to wash his paint bucket and dun even bother to clean up, my sink was GREEN and floor was PINK when he left.... :curse::(

you should call Jason/Ah Soon rather than talking to the workers. i realised the workers will grumble or try excuses to not do extra work.

mmm I wonder if these are the new workers.. the workers never complained when I told them to do things. My painters were Ah Soon's cousins so they were ok.... Poor ashes

mmm I wonder if these are the new workers.. the workers never complained when I told them to do things. My painters were Ah Soon's cousins so they were ok.... Poor ashes

But apparently i think 2 wks back Ah soon fired his cousin too. Or shd i say the cousin fired Ah soon becos Ah soon wanna fire his buddies.. so he say must 讲义气.

Ashes, i think u just pick up the phone right in front of the painter and call ah soon to tell him wat the painter told u. Most of the time i'm not happy with anything, i call Ah soon and Ah soon will tell his workers to take instructions from me and do exactly what i asked of them to. :good:

Uncle was sick yesterday so i dun wanna disturb him. then Jason din pick up the phone lor.

i shall call up Uncle tomorrow for all the rectification le. My furnitures coming in on Thurs le...

But apparently i think 2 wks back Ah soon fired his cousin too. Or shd i say the cousin fired Ah soon becos Ah soon wanna fire his buddies.. so he say must 讲义气.

Ashes, i think u just pick up the phone right in front of the painter and call ah soon to tell him wat the painter told u. Most of the time i'm not happy with anything, i call Ah soon and Ah soon will tell his workers to take instructions from me and do exactly what i asked of them to. :good:

HUH. means I will get a taste of the new painters when they paint my recess area... and I was going to ask uncle to repaint my kitchen. URGH...

Uncle was sick yesterday so i dun wanna disturb him. then Jason din pick up the phone lor.

i shall call up Uncle tomorrow for all the rectification le. My furnitures coming in on Thurs le...

hop u shd be able to rush all the rectifications by wed! I understand the agony, on one hand u wish u had the luxury to let them to the rectifications swee swee b4 furnitures coming in, on the other all the schedules are fixed and we would wanna shift in ASAP so that dun have to everyday go back n check the reno!

Did uncle say when he can finish everything?

HUH. means I will get a taste of the new painters when they paint my recess area... and I was going to ask uncle to repaint my kitchen. URGH...

The long winded story goes... that the painter who painted my house was 1 thin thin hunchback uncle, 1 short short a bit fair looking but plump uncle, plus dunno who lah. The one with a tattoo on his hand is Uncle's 表姐's son, who's so garang to go challenge uncle n quit. But in the end i think he went back to say he needs the job, Uncle also kind enough say go n tok to Jason cos he cannot be bothered with him.

I think it will be easier for u since u staying there and u can monitor everyday? I saw another painter who came to my house just to meet Jason, he seems more pro leh... :good: i believe they have a few grps of painters... so hint to uncle u want the best!

ashes.. if it's just painting it's not that bad... that can be done in a day. If there's anything wrong with carpentry, the rectification isn't dirty... but anything else like grouting and stuff you must point out to him quickly otherwise things will get dirty... good luck! Do you have Jason's number? If Uncle Soon not well you can ask Jason to help. *though I always prefer to talk to Uncle Soon.* :P

mrspiglet... mm I didn't see if the one who painted my place has a tattoo on his hand. I remember now... you said that Uncle ask them to "take a rest" right? haiz. Nowadays economy not good and people still want to be difficult. That's how pampered some people think they can afford to be. :P

oh the uncle with tattoo on his hand is one of my painters too. He is botak and a bit petite right? he is the nicest of all liao leh. there are 2 other painters i met, 1 rather thin Malay guy and 1 big size Malaysia guy. The big size one is the most headache one lor. Wah Uncle's workers so happening one...**** drama.

I hv Jason's no jus find him not tat helpful at times. Uncle Ah Soon is still the BEST!! hehe! Hope he get well real soon!

pinkpetter

yalor... these pple think that uncle will die w.o them mah, but didnt realised as long as uncle got the money to pay, these days cannot find workers meh? I heard from uncle this cousin's son is also so-so only, but uncle tries his best to help him n the family. Some pple just dun appreciate other's kindness.

ashes02

I hv Jason's no jus find him not tat helpful at times. Uncle Ah Soon is still the BEST!! hehe! Hope he get well real soon!

i cant rembr which of the painters had a tattoo. i gave up on them and was so relieve that the one to come n do touch up is the bangladesh Ah Boy. He's :good:

Haha! u voiced out my opinion!! Actually i dun prefer talking to Jason too, my bad that he reminded me so much of my irritating ex-coll, the looks, the way he speaks, n the grumbling part. But as much as i can, i'll try not to call uncle soon until really bo bian.. cos Jason dun listen to me, i'll call uncle soon.

Sometimes i think Jason likes to make his own decision, like he drilled my toilet bar and its slanted, told him its slanted but he insisted its the tile slanted not the bar. Uncle Soon saw it n laughed, say he'll chge for me. see wat i mean?

Edited by mrspiglet