Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

Buying Recess Area

beg to differ here although its prudent to exercise restraint in such economic landscape.. the recess area is not a big commitment, it is what you plan to do with the space that will be the additional costs that need serious consideration..

additional space will add value to the house and in my view, if the recess area is sizeable.. it adds very good values.. especially if valuation is more affordable now..

just my 2cents..

mm That's why I requested for the cost. The cost and stamp fees are payable by CPF so that's ok for me. I guess no reno if we can't afford at the moment and we'll just put a gate. Then other things can come later...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

yap . . . if jus for "junk" might not worth buying it . . . if your item keep missing i rather install a CCTV for monitoring.

Actually also depend on the size. But once it become part of your house, don think u will wan to put junk there right?

yap . . . if jus for "junk" might not worth buying it . . . if your item keep missing i rather install a CCTV for monitoring.

Actually also depend on the size. But once it become part of your house, don think u will wan to put junk there right?

maybe you will change your view if u see my mum recess area? :good:

it's almost 100sqf of space.. :D .. of cos i do question people who only buy the additional 10sqf :dunno:

ok. case x for me.. just my own experience... :yamseng:

it's almost 100sqf of space.. :D .. of cos i do question people who only buy the additional 10sqf :dunno:

100sqf? got pic to show?

If it's really ex and way out of my budget I'll hold off buying at the moment. :)

got the letter from HDB? Think your recess should be around 10sqm and would roughly cost about $2k. The survey and inspection fees are the most costly. Nv even see them come around to survey or inspect. Other cost involved would be to shift cable box, electrical box, etc

haha I say it's junk la but it's not la. It's just things like bicycle, plants, and our slippers all that which we have no place to put and I can't bear for my dad to put the bicycle on my newly laid tiles... :P He's been diligently placing some rubber mats under it but it's just not sightly to have a dirty bike in the house...

mm how big is 100 sqf? hahah I really have no idea in terms of space.. mm I think my recess area is about 3sqm or slightly more. :)

100sqf? got pic to show?

I also want to see. hahaha

got the letter from HDB? Think your recess should be around 10sqm and would roughly cost about $2k. The survey and inspection fees are the most costly. Nv even see them come around to survey or inspect. Other cost involved would be to shift cable box, electrical box, etc

10sqm??? got so big meh? I corridor end with mmm later when it's not raining so heavily i go measure. hahahaa

10sqm??? got so big meh? I corridor end with mmm later when it's not raining so heavily i go measure. hahahaa

this is the 10sqm recess area that seller bought from HDB.

recessarea1.jpg

Edited by hello88

EHHH ... SO BIGGG so envious!! Mine is only 6sqm. I just calculated from my floorplan. About the size of the front in the first picture. SIGHHHH Put one cabinet and the bicycle and no space already..

current door

img0064se5.jpg

previous door

img0063we0.jpg

It's L which is abit different from the long straight that hello88 has above.. and 10sqm is 102sqf...

wow, the area is indeed very big.

current door

img0064se5.jpg

previous door

img0063we0.jpg

It's L which is abit different from the long straight that hello88 has above.. and 10sqm is 102sqf...

First time posting.

Hi yapyap

do you know what is the cost to shift the electrical & water meter? Thanks.