Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

Buying Recess Area

Umm, still waiting for my letter. I am just wondering how the purchase of the recess area will make any difference to the gas meter than beofre purchase. So did they allow the purchase now?

Well, u need to comply a couple of things prior to letting u purchase:

1) to move out the fire-rated door next to the fire rated wall

2) to construct fire-rated wall(abt 1m? not too sure)

3) Gas meter according to HDB needs to move inside your kitchen if yours is a point blk but according to CityGas, there's no need. HDB said they're still checking with the relevant authorities(ie. SCDF) to confirm on the gas meter. Here's the directive from SCDF wrt gater meter location: http://www.citygas.com.sg/pdf/SCDF_Circular_on_Relocation_of_Gas_Meter_and_Pipe.pdf

If you're to look carefully, it appears that those who use wronght iron gate to fend up their recess might need to construct fire-rated wall and relocate their fire rated main door out.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Ours got approved and we just purchased. Don't recall anything about the gas meter but will check.

How long does HDB take to repond to the purchase of recess area? Do they send a letter to tell you whether it is approved? Do I need to call tehm?I am still waiting for approval from them.

How long does HDB take to repond to the purchase of recess area? Do they send a letter to tell you whether it is approved? Do I need to call tehm?I am still waiting for approval from them.

How long does HDB take to repond to the purchase of recess area? Depends...can range from a few weeks to months

Do they send a letter to tell you whether it is approved? Yes

Do I need to call them? Better call and call to ensure fast proceeding. You know how government officials work right?

Ours got approved and we just purchased. Don't recall anything about the gas meter but will check.

The gas meter needs to be moved? Is the fees also included in the price or need to pay extra?

3 months Liao.... Now they juz come to check the place.... Say they will get back again. Another 3 mths ? Omg!

HDB finally replied early last week. I m so happy that the application has finally been approved! Now to settle the legal documents....

Anyone has bought Hdb recess area recently? Mine is the foyer of only 2sqm.... Hdb requires lawyer to process legal doc ..... That alone can cost 4k ! Crazy liao .... No wonder some people gave up buying .....

Does anyone know if this legal fees can be paid using CPF?

Edited by potatoes

Need help here.

I've tried to purchase the recess area in front of my corner unit but rejected twice by HDB. All my neighbors at the same unit (diff floors) have purchased theirs long ago and my below neighbor just bought last year (which they just finished putting up the gate last week)! The reason HDB given; a new regulation came up in July 2011 that all recess area encroached to common space is not allowed to be purchased. I called up the Tampines HDB branch, and they stil gave me the same reason "Oh bcos there is a new regulation". I told them, even if i purchase my front area, it is still at least 2 meters away from the next door neighbor.. in addition, my below neighbor just installed their gate last week! It doesn't make sense.

If i not mistaken, almost all the HDB recess area is located at the common corridor right? Ironic, i just found another forum there is this owner just got their recess area this year Jan 2012!

Anyone know how to help me or who else can i approach?

Hi all,

I am going for my 2nd appointment on the 4th of October and I was wondering if i could buy the recess area at the same time as it will save all the trouble. Pls advice.

Hi all,

I am going for my 2nd appointment on the 4th of October and I was wondering if i could buy the recess area at the same time as it will save all the trouble. Pls advice.

I ve tried.... It will only delay the purchase of the flat. It may take u a year from application to approval to signing legal doc...

Hi fellow forummers,

I have gotten the in-principle approval from HDB to purchase the recess area. But my contractor quoted me $2000 just to shift the water meters & lightings (compulsory). I have read some forummers saying that the cost is $500 - $750. Why is there such a big difference? Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

Hello...

Just to share my recess area woe...

The first owner of my place bought the recess area. The second owner didn't know it was bought so didn't so anything about it.

Now I want to do something with it but I'm like stuck. Do I go ahead to move the meters? Any recs?

The neighbors gas meter in my recess area! How?

A little bit sianz that doing this is so... Troublesome.