Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
familyof4

Our 2 Storey Abode

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wah you really don't disappoint! What a lot of photos! :) Looks like your house is really one of those that overhauled with lots of carpentry. I like your MBR wardrobe! I think the storeroom under the stairs is very nifty and useful to have. Anyway if the room is high and things are stacked very high up then it's more inconvenient.

Thanks thanks.. Was thinking to buy from Hafale if they have.. Might be quite ex from them..

For the blum, to satisfy my vanity and I did requested for some of my drawers.. Jason said he will charge me if I wanna blum and I only have a few drawers..

The kids wardrobe and mom's wardrobe are both the same

reno8013.jpg

MBR wardrobe

reno8015.jpg

Half the doufu drawer

reno8016.jpg

trouser rack for hubby

reno8029.jpg

nice wardrobe wor ;) the trouser rack is very useful.

all the carpentry looks wonderful......very nicely done and well planned....the trousers rack is great...think after all done you'll love it even more.....

i like the way you design your children's study area....neat!! ;)

Wah you really don't disappoint! What a lot of photos! :) Looks like your house is really one of those that overhauled with lots of carpentry. I like your MBR wardrobe! I think the storeroom under the stairs is very nifty and useful to have. Anyway if the room is high and things are stacked very high up then it's more inconvenient.

Pet, I am a very visual person. That is why I cannot build castle in the air :P

on the storeroom part, i agree with u, our previous staore was full of un-needed stuff as hubby inherited his mommy's "oh, don't throw" "virtue"...for me, and my mom, we throw and throw those that are not needed :P so a small store is a good excuse to get rid of stuff that are not really useful to keep.

Thanks thanks.. Was thinking to buy from Hafale if they have.. Might be quite ex from them..

For the blum, to satisfy my vanity and I did requested for some of my drawers.. Jason said he will charge me if I wanna blum and I only have a few drawers..

usually carpenter will get you the blum under contractor's pricing. At least i know smallboy's and mine are like that :)

the trouser rack, hafale is ex...so long good quality, I actually do not mind paying more as it is meant to last for a few good years :)

nice wardrobe wor ;) the trouser rack is very useful.

thanks thanks...hope Hubby finds it useful. he always thinks I am after all those gadgets :(

all the carpentry looks wonderful......very nicely done and well planned....the trousers rack is great...think after all done you'll love it even more.....

i like the way you design your children's study area....neat!! ;)

Thanks...I am already loving whatever I had seen yesterday!

Is that a built in mirror in the center of your MBR wardrobe. Mine was very ugly wiht just a piece of mirror. After much complain and explaining to the carpenter, then they make a cover for the mirror.

Your MBR wardrobe even inside also got laminate, very nice. :good:

Is that a built in mirror in the center of your MBR wardrobe. Mine was very ugly wiht just a piece of mirror. After much complain and explaining to the carpenter, then they make a cover for the mirror.

Your MBR wardrobe even inside also got laminate, very nice. :good:

wah...you eyes very sharp hor! Yes, there will be a pull out for mirror...I saw how it was done and i really LOVE it!!! I thought it was so nicely concelaed that no one notices...heheh

mmm familyof4... I notice that your wardrobe seems quite thick.. is it upon request or he gave it to you this way?

ya smaller storeroom better la. My dad also hoards things... then when he goes out, my mom and I quickly clear some of the things he's been keeping for the last 30 years..... We found many antiques.. like the BIG floppy disk and an anchor...

mmm familyof4... I notice that your wardrobe seems quite thick.. is it upon request or he gave it to you this way?

ya smaller storeroom better la. My dad also hoards things... then when he goes out, my mom and I quickly clear some of the things he's been keeping for the last 30 years..... We found many antiques.. like the BIG floppy disk and an anchor...

hmm...which part looks thick? I didn't make any special request actually. part of the thickness for top shelving is due to the laminates that are not folded in/glued in. Others generally ok. for the part on the LHS of the basket, there is a pull out mirror, that's why that part is thicker.

wah...you eyes very sharp hor! Yes, there will be a pull out for mirror...I saw how it was done and i really LOVE it!!! I thought it was so nicely concelaed that no one notices...heheh

Haha.. eyes not sharp lah. Just that I also have one mah. Just check with you can you pull out and turn the mirror 90 degree? Your concealment is very well done. I see the side is also flushed, not like mine.

thanks thanks! The wardrobe looks kinda small actually :( I wish I have a WIW like many of u does...too bad, my layout doesn't allow that :bangwall:

Wendy, the blum hor...i copied part of your idea! but i added 2 S4 in there for pots and pans :)

actually in terms of space, yours may be larger than the sum of my little corner WIW... hee..hee... as long as it is functional, good la! Dont really need a WIW.

As for BLUM, good choice. S4 is great for heavy pots and pans. I have 2. 1 under the stove for my pots and 1 for my Corningware... very heavy. You see 'feel' the smoothness of the entire box. hee..hee..

hmm...which part looks thick? I didn't make any special request actually. part of the thickness for top shelving is due to the laminates that are not folded in/glued in. Others generally ok. for the part on the LHS of the basket, there is a pull out mirror, that's why that part is thicker.

hahah oops I just realise my previous comment seems weird. What I meant was that the wardrobe seems thick and very solid. It looks like those of very very good quality and I agree that it's nice to have the laminates on the inside too. Did that cost you more?

hahah oops I just realise my previous comment seems weird. What I meant was that the wardrobe seems thick and very solid. It looks like those of very very good quality and I agree that it's nice to have the laminates on the inside too. Did that cost you more?

Indeed it is solid, so it has got nothing to do with Uncle's quality, sometimes those sub-cons just trying their luck thinking the owners knew nothing. I captured another picture on the layers of the wood, bt somehow that picture is very blur so I didn't post it. We tried lifting the wood and indeed, it is very solid. I was knocking and playing with the things when the guys were so busy! Hubby even chided me for messing around!

Told him I just wana QC the quality that I am getting :) so far, I am happy with this and they guys were all serious even when installing the soft closing, they tried and tested several times to make sure it works well :drunk:

The wardrobe is very CD look-alike! Gd that ah wei can replicate similar one for u. I like ur rounded edge study table... like designer piece leh. Gongkia intending to do a bookshelve with uncle, i wonder how much will that cost. :unsure:

My aunt who used to stay in EM had her storerm under the stairs too! I think its better than having a big storerm n stacking things high above... i have to use a ladder to retrieve my things... :(

Edited by mrspiglet