Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aubrey

Retrospectrum Meets Modernisation!

hahhaah stormcontrol maybe u should really try!! cos sometimes man and man talk ahhh abit "rough". lady talk usu uncles more soft hearted towards the ladies

I totally agree and notice the difference as well. Definitely man will give way to woman. Must be gentleman right.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
whahahha I know I know.. Aubrey is really Xiao mei mei la... lol I lose. :P

dun worry, Pet.

u not lose lah... me then loser lah... auntie D :P

:rofl:

aiyo so off topic leh all of you! i am really afraid of slippery tiles and number 1 top priority is the safety of my mom followed by me. if she falls its very bad for her due to her age. if i fall i burden her when she needs to take care of me. i have a fear of such falling accidents in the house. my dad was a victim of stroke and he fell at the WC in my house. tho it is not due to the tiles when he fell, i think the fall aggravated his condition and subsequently he passed away. so im quite picky about this. :( dont really like to tell sob stories but just want all to consider the floor tiles especially with elderly at home.

and pet u are so funny, what lose liao!! same same, pretty soon i will be that age. just keep telling myself forever 21. :P im so in denial.

ehhehe i think the uncles are nicer and softer to me and my mom cos 一小 一老 so no choice but to give way to us. anyways!! cant wait for the carpentry to come!!! so i can pack my house and start taking pics of my place!! *excited*

aiyo so off topic leh all of you! i am really afraid of slippery tiles and number 1 top priority is the safety of my mom followed by me. if she falls its very bad for her due to her age. if i fall i burden her when she needs to take care of me. i have a fear of such falling accidents in the house. my dad was a victim of stroke and he fell at the WC in my house. tho it is not due to the tiles when he fell, i think the fall aggravated his condition and subsequently he passed away. so im quite picky about this. :( dont really like to tell sob stories but just want all to consider the floor tiles especially with elderly at home.

and pet u are so funny, what lose liao!! same same, pretty soon i will be that age. just keep telling myself forever 21. :P im so in denial.

ehhehe i think the uncles are nicer and softer to me and my mom cos 一小 一老 so no choice but to give way to us. anyways!! cant wait for the carpentry to come!!! so i can pack my house and start taking pics of my place!! *excited*

I also agree that when u have an elder living with u.....all the items in the house got to be more safety concious rather than the look...

when yr carpentry gg to be up?:)

this weekend!!! my house not very nice as compared to others cos no fancy lights and no mbr feature etc, just keeping my fingers crossed that the upcoming carpentry can make a difference to my house! thinking to add 1 more paint color to my wall in the living room if possible. :P im so fickle!!!!

aubrey,actually i feel ur house is nice and comfy...no need fancilful things, it is the feel that is more important. I ever went to a friend who spent twice my amount to do up her 5 rm and hor...design yes, very nice, but then dun feel like a house. don't have that comfy cosy feel. feels more like a showroom lor. didn't like the feel of it end of the day, tho she spent so much more doing her reno.

so ur house is nice and cosy...this is utmost important :)

aiya...yr hse simple n nice liao la.....:)

same goes my place ma...we still wondering if the place will be nice after done up...that always be in PD mind...wahahahaha.:)

i think most impt is that we all put in effort to make it happen....no matter what it a place we call "HOME"....:)

I also hope to see yr carpentry up soon....cos i still abit clueless abt mine....:)

my house not very nice as compared to others cos no fancy lights and no mbr feature etc, just keeping my fingers crossed that the upcoming carpentry can make a difference to my house! thinking to add 1 more paint color to my wall in the living room if possible.

It does not matter, aubrey. It is often said that beauty is from within. Your house is already beautiful cos you had taken care every details to make them work for you, and your mum - not because you need to extravagantly splash the exterior beauty but meticulously selected every items that bring souls to the house.

Be proud and enjoy the fruits of love to what you have and done. With respect, of what you can afford. Beautifying a house is a journey. Adding just a small item, and it can be inexpensive, can change the aesthetic and energy of the house.

BTW, sorry to hear about your late dad.

You're so right. When I was planning for my house, I also thought of my parents too. At the end of the day, I hope they can live here for the rest of the lives without worrying about anything... so tile-picking was crucial. I was wondering though if the roughness of the current tiles will wear off...

Just some info for the rest.. There are rough black strips which you can purchase to stick across your floor to help provide friction. It's not a long term solution and the strips need to be changed every 10-12 months? I think I saw them at DIY and at Ikea before. I was going to tell Aubrey this, then I realise that Elder Goh re-did for her... which is even better. :)

Aiyah when you reach my age I will be much older liao... pass the big 3-0. :P hehehe :)

Looking forward to pictures of your cosy home! :)

fannie

thanks for your kind words! but the grass is unfortunately greener on the other side somehow for me. i know i should not compare, but just always wanted a showroom style flat. i guess the house is still unfinished hence im feeling this way. cosy.. not yet, cos its still a big mess. uncle can still ask how's my house. i feel like a squatter in my house now. :P

BD

PD thinks like me, wondering if its nice. i think it is one thing to have a nice house, another to maintain. my house is in limbo now. ok i will post up pics of the house with the carpentry in on this sat. just really hope it turns out good. keeping my toes crossed!

cannotisit

i saw your tblog!! will kpo in a bit! :D no need for those anymore! after changing the tiles, i can say it is a 100% difference!! to think my previous tiles were also rought type but somehow it was super slippery when the floor was wet but this current one, it feels great despite water on it.

Reiki

oh to be honest, i tried to be meticulous but it is always on hindsight that i feel some things could have been better. but of course i am no ID and that is my excuse. the house is still okay. after looking at your posts on wire mngt, i did not give much thought prior to that and my P/Ps are all over the place now. :P oh well, im used to it! maybe when we get a new place, i can engage ID for design for better productivity flow as well as aesthetics that blends. :) and lastly, thank you. :)

pet

actually i thought about using the money for my degree but decided to do the reno and i will personally take up a study loan for my further studies. the main motivation for renovating is to let my mom live comfortably for the time she is with me. and i hope that now the house is done up, she can host her friends at home now instead of being shy and embarrassed about the previous state of our house.

pet, maybe can take a pic of the current state at home to let u all understand why i am a little "sian". cant wait for saturday to come!!!!

aubrey: look on the brighter side and i am sure that your house will be as fine. waiting for ur pics. the carpentry is coming in this sat? hope will be very good and we can have more pics. meanwhile, relac and rest well. :)