Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rierie

Dd And Rr 's Love Nest

preciousjam: about the tiles alignment...htb went up last nite and said that the alignment is out. called ID and he said it'll be okie after grouting is done. is that true? or is my ID smoking us?

ivy: hahhahaha..htb say he bever see any cardboard. only one big sign "Do not step on the tiles. Haven't dry yet" in Chinese. then he also saw a lot of small stones at the corner of the tiles - think hor..it's to press down the tiles

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
preciousjam: about the tiles alignment...htb went up last nite and said that the alignment is out. called ID and he said it'll be okie after grouting is done. is that true? or is my ID smoking us?

ivy: hahhahaha..htb say he bever see any cardboard. only one big sign "Do not step on the tiles. Haven't dry yet" in Chinese. then he also saw a lot of small stones at the corner of the tiles - think hor..it's to press down the tiles

the alignment should not be too out...but its true that must wait for the grouting to be done, then it will be clearer....wait for the grouting, if still look mis-aligned, denmust get him to see...

the alignment should not be too out...but its true that must wait for the grouting to be done, then it will be clearer....wait for the grouting, if still look mis-aligned, denmust get him to see...

uh...that means he might need to take out the tiles and redo? haiz...think will go and see later ba..

uh...that means he might need to take out the tiles and redo? haiz...think will go and see later ba..

hmm let me see if i can find any photos of my tiles without grouting and you compare...better still get you id to meet up with you and compare together...

hmm let me see if i can find any photos of my tiles without grouting and you compare...better still get you id to meet up with you and compare together...

thanks preciousjam! think will go and see later. if really CMI, will call ID and ask him to come down and see together

anw...about my divider, ID say it's only 4 inches depth. my fault la..cuz i told him i dun want it to be taking too much space..tell me to think carefully if i wanna book shelve there instead. cannot have best of both worlds

update - floor tiles is half done for the living and dining area (cuz not enough "sand"). tiling is done for the study room too. here comes the alighment issue that htb brought up. actually it's not that the tiles are not laid straight. rather, at the entrance of the door, where the kerb is, the tiles don't seem straight. reason being the door itself is not straight. mm..how to say it leh? like, the kerb line and the tile should be parallel. but now, it's not cuz the way hdb built the door is a bit slanted. took some pics aly. will upload them as soon as i can

just now when i just opened the gate, i was surprised to see some kind of brown thick paper laid on the tiles. tiler say it's to protect the tiles. very happy to see them protecting my tiles. hahaha...800*800 ar...very expensive wor...if get scratched, will be very heart pain.

not only did they lay the paper on the floor, they covered up the aircons too..mm..impressed. cuz i never tell them to do that. actually, i planned to tell them to do that after seeing what happened to some of us here. but i'm very glad that they zi dong enough :)

update - floor tiles is half done for the living and dining area (cuz not enough "sand"). tiling is done for the study room too. here comes the alighment issue that htb brought up. actually it's not that the tiles are not laid straight. rather, at the entrance of the door, where the kerb is, the tiles don't seem straight. reason being the door itself is not straight. mm..how to say it leh? like, the kerb line and the tile should be parallel. but now, it's not cuz the way hdb built the door is a bit slanted. took some pics aly. will upload them as soon as i can

just now when i just opened the gate, i was surprised to see some kind of brown thick paper laid on the tiles. tiler say it's to protect the tiles. very happy to see them protecting my tiles. hahaha...800*800 ar...very expensive wor...if get scratched, will be very heart pain.

not only did they lay the paper on the floor, they covered up the aircons too..mm..impressed. cuz i never tell them to do that. actually, i planned to tell them to do that after seeing what happened to some of us here. but i'm very glad that they zi dong enough :)

i think i know what you mean by that...then that one bo bian la....you got the same problem as mine not enough sand....

mine also did the same thing as they lay the tiles, start to use corrugated paper to protect...thus i also can't take photos...but never mind la...wait the acid cleaning then i take photo liao....

hi

can share how much is your 800x800 tiles in terms of psf... cos I'm getting it for my house. wanna see if i got kena carrot =)

heyhey..quoted price is $4.50

i think i know what you mean by that...then that one bo bian la....you got the same problem as mine not enough sand....

mine also did the same thing as they lay the tiles, start to use corrugated paper to protect...thus i also can't take photos...but never mind la...wait the acid cleaning then i take photo liao....

haiz...luckily my ah gong is the one supplying the sand..hahahha...called him just now and he said he's going to send it over tmr. muhahahahaha...

omg!!!! i just received our pre-wedding pictures!!!! hahahahahahha...so happy!!!

okay, i know. it's out of point. *bleah*

hmmm i know i am bad..but cannot do quickly dont let him know???

by the time he know..he will make alot of noise but what is done cannot be undone liao.. =p

father say cannot...he say cannot see the window when he stand at the door. in fact, he's aly not happy tat we put the translucent glass there. **** pi**ed with my dad. keep putting restrictions on us: divider, toilet, colour, altar, window grille, the slab of tiles (or dunno what) at the door. pi**ed. i think i'm reaching my limit for my dad aly. any more and thats it

sorry to be ranting here.

hmmm i know i am bad..but cannot do quickly dont let him know???

by the time he know..he will make alot of noise but what is done cannot be undone liao.. =p

nah..you are not bad. actually, we've thought of it before. just that my dad is on site everyday. even more frequent than us..haiz..

i'm back!!! just came back from a training which lasted for a few days..thats why me MIA. hahahha..think will take some time to finish reading other t-blogs. hahahaha..

plan for today: buy chandelier. heard that extreme lighting is one of the recommended stores. think will go down and have a look later (yippee!!) anoy other shops to recommend?

yeah! finally bought our chandelier - from Extreme Lighting. as said by many, the prices there are definitely much lower. as htb didn't go with me and i couldn't decide which colour of "cap" that i like, Alex has nicely offered to lend me three colours of "cap" to try out on the day of delivery. so nice of him!