Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rierie

Dd And Rr 's Love Nest

yup! htb decided right on the spot. in fact, he decided all the colours. i just sit there and say okay. it'll Dulux's Dream Yellow LS 26489. that's dining area. the living area will be Dulux's Pacific Mist AL21904.. hopefully both of them will complement each other.

Ooo, I just checked out the colours at Dulux's webbie and they should look good together. :) From the webbie, Dream Yellow does look kinda light though. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Ooo, I just checked out the colours at Dulux's webbie and they should look good together. :) From the webbie, Dream Yellow does look kinda light though. :)

hahaha..no choice. htb like the yellow.

went to our home just now..oh my...the below are done:

1. covered up the original door of the MBR toilet

2. bomb shelter tiling done

3. kitchen tiling done

4. cabinet base and fridge base done

5. cornice at the living and dining area almost done

6. false ceiling at the entrance walkway almost done

really impressed! think will go down to home home tmr with a marble to see if there's any hollow noise in any of the tiles. and now, we have problem choosing laminates. in the end, we wrote down the serial number of all the laminates that we like and intend to ask ID for his opinion and how to mix and match..mmmmm...

in the end, no time to shop for chandelier

went back home just now during lunch time and checked the progress..

the air con ppl are here! they were doing the casing, trunking etc. so excited to see them doing the air con cuz that will mean the workers can continue to do tiling tmr. yeah! anw, they say all the air con stuff will be done by today..mmm...will go and see again tmr..hahahahha

th_LIVING_HALL_COZY_AREA.jpg

haiz...htb and i quarrelled abt this stupid divider that we need to put cuz of fengshui. yet i dun want it to be standing there for nth. like maybe for storage use. sth that i've no idea..thought that i want it for us to put pics..but hor..won't it look very weird to have a divider full of pics?what do you all think? any suggestions?

th_LIVING_HALL_COZY_AREA.jpg

haiz...htb and i quarrelled abt this stupid divider that we need to put cuz of fengshui. yet i dun want it to be standing there for nth. like maybe for storage use. sth that i've no idea..thought that i want it for us to put pics..but hor..won't it look very weird to have a divider full of pics?what do you all think? any suggestions?

Do string curtains? Is it considered a divider?

Do string curtains? Is it considered a divider?

father say cannot...he say cannot see the window when he stand at the door. in fact, he's aly not happy tat we put the translucent glass there. **** pi**ed with my dad. keep putting restrictions on us: divider, toilet, colour, altar, window grille, the slab of tiles (or dunno what) at the door. pi**ed. i think i'm reaching my limit for my dad aly. any more and thats it

sorry to be ranting here.

Edited by rierie

Rierie, I know how you feel... I also have seniors at home who insist we do up the place their way... For me I will do the place my way, no matter now much naggin i will get.

Of course I am not encouraging you to go against ur dad, just want you to know that you are not alone, i believe quite a number of us also have such seniors at home who is very eager to play ID cum FSM.

However, your dad rational is quite right I think. I heard also that if the main door and windows are aligned, it is not very good. cos whatever good things that comes thru the door will go out the window. something like that.

Actually I think putting pictures are fine. How about u remove the frosted glass, keep the divider plain, use a solid colour plain laminate. The side facing the door, you display pictures in frames and align them nicely. The other side which is facing the window, maybe can do a shallow book shelve and turn that corner into a cosy reading corner?

guy77: ya..will try to. feel so much better this morning :)

ivy: yup, understand that we've to deal with it. but we are so frustrated cuz this is obviously our house and yet we have to do things their way. esp when they are not going to stay with us....anw,i'm so glad that you gave me this suggestion! sms my ID first thing i saw your reply! absolutely a great idea! told htb and he said that it might look a bit dull..so we are thinking to have the glass at the side of the divider for the top part and full solid laminate at the bottom.

was wondering for the bottom part - normally, in a book shelve, we will see a wooden partition that separates the side facing the door and the side facing the cozy corner. is it feasible if i dun have the wooden partition? then i can get the thing from either side...

Edited by rierie

ivy: yup, understand that we've to deal with it. but we are so frustrated cuz this is obviously our house and yet we have to do things their way. esp when they are not going to stay with us....anw,i'm so glad that you gave me this suggestion! sms my ID first thing i saw your reply! absolutely a great idea! told htb and he said that it might look a bit dull..so we are thinking to have the glass at the side of the divider for the top part and full solid laminate at the bottom.

was wondering for the bottom part - normally, in a book shelve, we will see a wooden partition that separates the side facing the door and the side facing the cozy corner. is it feasible if i dun have the wooden partition? then i can get the thing from either side...

Do you have small kids at home? If yes may not be feasible cos they will have itchy hand and you'll have your things being pushed out either ways all the time.

if you are considering making it into a photo feature wall, you can consider arranging photos like that :

TP101_5.jpg

Or maybe if worry plain laminates is too plain maybe can do up with decals or even nice wall paper

wall_decals.jpg

Do you have small kids at home? If yes may not be feasible cos they will have itchy hand and you'll have your things being pushed out either ways all the time.

if you are considering making it into a photo feature wall, you can consider arranging photos like that :

TP101_5.jpg

Or maybe if worry plain laminates is too plain maybe can do up with decals or even nice wall paper

wall_decals.jpg

nope..no small kids at home. yet. hahahahha.. but thats a good point, esp since we intend to have a couple.

woah! i like photo feature wall!! thanks so much...am going to send it to the ID to have a look. thanks ivy!!!

nope..no small kids at home. yet. hahahahha.. but thats a good point, esp since we intend to have a couple.

woah! i like photo feature wall!! thanks so much...am going to send it to the ID to have a look. thanks ivy!!!

no prob!! we are all here to help and be helped by fellow forummers :)

I will also be doing up similar frames in my living room if i got time lah hahahah

if u gonna have kids, then the 2 way access will give u big headache in future. my 18mo loves to push all the books on the library shelvesall the way right to the back when he visits the library, dunno why.. he find joys in toppling the books... but of course i as a good citizen will have to pack the shelf back nicely after he mess it up....

mmm....that one about pushing the books out...i think i throw the ID with the things that i want and the pictures first. see what he comes out with.

mum called and said that ID brought all the marble and granite samples. 16 in total. *faint* he also brought the window grille sample *faint faint*

think i'll be sleeping with these samples tonite le...hahahaha...

ID called and said that they are laying tiles for the living room. warned us not to go up for 3 days 'cause they are 800*800 tiles - very hard to dry and lay them. so he dun want us to step on the tiles wrongly and cause the sides to "come out". weird reason but i better listen to him. so, i told him that he better help me check all the tiles are not hollow by using the marbles that we put at home and he agreed. mmm...think we better do sample checks on sunday..

now..looking forward to the different designs of the laminates we chose (26 of them in total) and see it will look like in 3D

Edited by rierie

hehe...i had a big headache when my contractor throw all the laminates to me.....

best to listen to them...when i was there during the time they lay the floor tiles, the tilers kept reminding don't step where....in the end we didn't go in...don't want to risk getting alighment out....

about not stepping on the tilings, it's true. mine will lay a streak of card board on the floor for me to indicate where are the places that I can step on to get thru the house, knowing that i will usually go up in the evening when they have left. They very cute lah.