Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zhiz

Laminated Floor Vs Homogenous Tiles

Hi,

There are some homogenous tiles with rough/matt surfaces which is ideal for kitchens. And the price is about $2.50 to $4.00 per square foot, which is cheaper than LF. Try Ceramic World - White Horse Tiles at Sungei Kadut.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

There are some homogenous tiles with rough/matt surfaces which is ideal for kitchens. And the price is about $2.50 to $4.00 per square foot, which is cheaper than LF. Try Ceramic World - White Horse Tiles at Sungei Kadut.

hi thanks for sharing, but remember there is other cost in using tiles. As I am buying resales so don't want to go thru' the hassle of hacking,etc. Thus looking at something simple and possibly can DIY.

:yamseng:

Vinyl can buy material and DIY ?

thanks!

Yes u can...just buy and use glue to paste it.

Would like to relight this thread. That if you are going for homogenous flooring, they have designs that look like laminate flooring. But of course without the warm feeling under your feet.

Besides, laminate flooring is still cheaper. I did laminate flooring from Kronosw+ss for my house. PM me if you want to see the pics and prices.

may i know how to tell from the laminate itself if its AC1 or AC5? Is there any indication on the box itself? I'm considering to laminate my rooms due to budget contrain and also yet to ask ID what type or which AC is that. Would ID/Contractor tell you what AC will it be?

Hi,

What's the difference between LF and this vinyl flooring? same same but different?!

LF small piece, vinyl bigger piece?!

28soe3s.jpg

Edited by natural9

Dear sir,

It's pretty hard to identify the AC rating by naked eyes actually. I have seen a lot of people claiming ac4-ac5 for their products but actually none of them actually makes the specs at all. Unless you sent it to PSB for testing of their flooring otherwise it's quite easy to be con by the AC rating.

From what I know . Only Germany can produce AC 5 flooring . Even if other countries are making it the cost of AC 4-5 flooring is a sky high figure . Which probably will run in the range of Myanmar teak wood or even higher. As this is due to the production issues causing lots of scrap while producing good quality ac5 flooring

Hi,

What's the difference between LF and this vinyl flooring? same same but different?!

LF small piece, vinyl bigger piece?!

28soe3s.jpg

Hi ,

The size of these 2 type of flooring may varies according to the Manufactoring plant which the distributor obtains from and in return your ID gets from ?

However the main concern should be how the flooring is imstalled . Laminate flooring uses floating floor concept installation whereas vinyl flooring mostly uses glue for installation.

Both methods requires your overlay floor to be in a perfect even condition . If the overlay floor is very uneven your floor will look very werid at certain angles.

Besides this you should look at the cost factor for these 2 products.

Higher AC for laminates have to compromise for the melamine paper as the layers to coat on top of the melamine paper to achieve scratch resistance and shiny surface your final product will produce a very blur image of the wood surface. That's the problem if you coat more layers to achieved higher AC rating. So the cost is very high.

So chose your flooring properly so that you don't waste the unnecessary money on things you don't really need