Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zerochristy

Our Nest

I can understand how you feel. OpenNet contractors said they do not run the cables in false ceiling. They will only run the cables at the skidding area. It would be best to ask your contractor to come to your house and work with Opennet. Do remember to tell your contractors to bring flexible tube to protect the cables.

What is skidding area??

Mu hub actually went out of the house and look for point of the OpenNet and he say can run from the existing trunking which HDB have and come into our house... wonder if that they can be done... + maybe a bit damage to the corner of the fales ceiling.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
What is skidding area??

Mu hub actually went out of the house and look for point of the OpenNet and he say can run from the existing trunking which HDB have and come into our house... wonder if that they can be done... + maybe a bit damage to the corner of the fales ceiling.

yes, christy.....u can request them to use existing trunking so as not messy to have too many trunking in ur hse....my in-law hse done using the existing trunking.... :D

yes, christy.....u can request them to use existing trunking so as not messy to have too many trunking in ur hse....my in-law hse done using the existing trunking.... :D

Ya I just saw my IL house their house no fales ceiling & cornies got only trunking. So the OpenNet pple use the exsisting trunking for the OpenNet.

But for our case we try to make full use of the HDB trunking outside our house (common lobby/lift landing area) see use from there than into our house lor.. sure got damage de lor.. cause this afternoon I was thinking if the fiber optic come from outside and into our house... than how to go thru to the tv area... if you look at my floor plan... my living room is at the far end lor...

I hate the pple who impose this OpenNet thingy lor :(

NOT U!!!!but me also headache now lah!!!!!

Yesterday i just received the letter for the opennet thingy!!i wonder how to run the cable la!

headache!!!! :bangwall:

Welcome to the club... its sooner or later de lor Rondy!! ;)

You know my MIL just above her unit they also doing the OpenNet and they have cornies... the OpenNet pple say "Oh you want to put inside the cornie ah... Can but we open for you you got to do the patching back yourself..." Kana... Like that I also can do lor. cut open myself and damage it myself...

We will be puting the OpenNet thingy at the TV area lor but hor I imagine the damage I also dun know how Haiz...

If dun put OpenNet now and next time gov say no more cable tv all thru OpenNet how ah?? LL also.

Edited by zerochristy

What is skidding area??

Skidding area is the side of the floor. A few mths ago, I told my ID do not put up the L-Box first. In the end, the OpenNet ppl refuse to run the cabling at the ceiling area. Really waster my time !!!! So I get my electrician to run the cabling in the ceiling. I find the OpenNet contractors just want to faster finish their installation after that take picture so they can claim $ from OpenNet. They don care about the cabling is done nicely or not. :(

Ya I just saw my IL house their house no fales ceiling & cornies got only trunking. So the OpenNet pple use the exsisting trunking for the OpenNet.

But for our case we try to make full use of the HDB trunking outside our house (common lobby/lift landing area) see use from there than into our house lor.. sure got damage de lor.. cause this afternoon I was thinking if the fiber optic come from outside and into our house... than how to go thru to the tv area... if you look at my floor plan... my living room is at the far end lor...

I hate the pple who impose this OpenNet thingy lor :(

ya....i oso siao liao....all my cellings r done with cornices..... :~:~:~:~

feimei also siao ah?!hahaha...

so i am not alone! :P

I read the booklet instruction lei..for those people who just renovated the house maybe can lias with the contractor!

can approach contractor the best routing or using the existing PVC conceal trunking!

meaning they are not responsible to do swee swee for u lor!!!

Really terok!

I intend to Ring Yeak up one of these day and hopefully he can help me resolves by sending someone over before the installation. :unsure:

yaaa....i not onli siao....will go 'ki la'......becos from my main door....come in....is dinning area....dan is living room....@ dinning area...there's the 3rd bedroom....ha....sooo my trunking will be like roller coaster....up n down....up n down....wahhh biangz~~~cannot imagine how ugly it going to be.... :~:~:~:~

lias with our contractor???? is OpenNet going to pay for the charges??? they all tok c*k onli.....when i install my air-con....the air-con man no choice hv to open the cornices in order to relay the pipe horrr....once the cornices open....cannot put back.....tried to put back but not nicely done, and hv to get cornices contractor to patch up swee swee...u noe how much???? just two small portions....$80.... :jawdrop::jawdrop: wat to do....LL hv to patch back swee swee mah....pay lol....contractor said oledi in discounted price lol.... :(

Nanja> Is it run on top of the skirting?? Har... why refused to run cabling since noo L-Box right?? easy job for you what.. so OpenNet just lay the cables there and let your electrican finish the job ah??

FeiMei> Yours cornies actually is very easy le... if like mine fales ceiling will die lor..

Mine is also dining area than living but no bed room at least better a bit than you nia.

Rondy> After you ring up your contractor tell me how much hor.. and what he will do can?? Need to know how its being down with own contractor. My hub want to save money he say ask OpenNet do and go thru our trunking but feel OpenNet not willing to accommodate de lor. cause our got L and L box :(

Since u just renovated your place not long,do u think u can call back the electrican who done up your place and discuss with him?

I am not too sure how much i would be charge..hopefully minimal lor.

1 mth ago my power point kena burnt down due to over heating as i am baking something more than half an hour at high heat and the power point is in the cabinet!Probably due to the heat or whatever,i saw one pin was badly burnt!Suprise that the Distribution Board did not trip!I called yeak and he instantly called his installation man to change the whole power point for me.At no cost lei! :P

Feimei!my main door left side is door to my kitchen liao,i also donno how they are going to run the fiber wire for me!Guess,if possiible will be the same routing as the current TV one,but gotta open up the existing PVC casing and maybe drill a hole in the ceiling board?!I am not too sure either!!I let u know again!haha...

I read from the broucher that they provide drilling for u ,about 2 cm only if necessary but wont plan your rounting,u decide and run the fiber for u,thats all!they have so many house to install,u think they will do so much for u meh?even if u need to shift your furniture etc,they can do so but not liable for any damage!already written clearly Black and White!! :bangwall:

The electrician is hire by our contractor de and I did not get the electrian's company name too :unsure:

I think its about S$200 if ask the contractor to help or assist in the OpenNet contractor... (hope it include the patching and small repaiting job too)

Oh... you over bake ah.. hahaha. One of our power point got those power "sparking" sound than my hub buy a new socket and replace it... heheh. Just yesterday my IL place their kitchen power socket got burn... BURN than we also change for them.... :D quite easy.

But at least you get the socket for free we got to buy lor.

We actually did call our contractor but he did not reply le.. maybe it at night and he also did not return call our call too.

Haiz yah... this is very extra S.H.I.T.Y for all of us le... :bangwall:

Edited by zerochristy

Since u just renovated your place not long,do u think u can call back the electrican who done up your place and discuss with him?

I am not too sure how much i would be charge..hopefully minimal lor.

1 mth ago my power point kena burnt down due to over heating as i am baking something more than half an hour at high heat and the power point is in the cabinet!Probably due to the heat or whatever,i saw one pin was badly burnt!Suprise that the Distribution Board did not trip!I called yeak and he instantly called his installation man to change the whole power point for me.At no cost lei! :P

Feimei!my main door left side is door to my kitchen liao,i also donno how they are going to run the fiber wire for me!Guess,if possiible will be the same routing as the current TV one,but gotta open up the existing PVC casing and maybe drill a hole in the ceiling board?!I am not too sure either!!I let u know again!haha...

I read from the broucher that they provide drilling for u ,about 2 cm only if necessary but wont plan your rounting,u decide and run the fiber for u,thats all!they have so many house to install,u think they will do so much for u meh?even if u need to shift your furniture etc,they can do so but not liable for any damage!already written clearly Black and White!! :bangwall:

thanks, rondy!!!

like that Win big big liao lol....everything stated down....what a Crap!!!

from main door go in....on the right is shoe rack area cum bomb shelter (like a small recess area)...dan is the wall of the 3rd bedroom....dan is the door of the 3rd bedroom dan the tv wall....ha....really up n down x2.....gg to faint liao....

really very jialat lol....

FeiMei> I guess its sooner or leater de la... but just that hate it lor... think the person created this fiber optic into HDB will sure have lots of disliking him or her lor...

Rondy> I guess nia that it will cost abt S$200 cause feimei say she ask pple do patch up work is S$80 liao than it could be a little more.

another disaster for you...i heard that the fiber is not advisible to let u suka-suka up down as u wish cos,its a very fine wire.

Not those ordinary wire,else it would affect the transmittal lei!How about running straight from the floor!?whoahahha!!!

I got ever thought of give up!suan le,don install lah! :D

People say cannot any how band the fiber cable but my hub (he is a engineer) he say can la can band but of coz not to the extend you will bend till going to break into half.

I also got consider dun install but if next time say no more cable how?? All use fiber.. I think you go more siao :D

Edited by zerochristy

another disaster for you...i heard that the fiber is not advisible to let u suka-suka up down as u wish cos,its a very fine wire.

Not those ordinary wire,else it would affect the transmittal lei!How about running straight from the floor!?whoahahha!!!

I got ever thought of give up!suan le,don install lah! :D

yayayayaaa....the cable very thin one....that's y fast transmittion mah....lay on the floor ahhh....wah biangz~~~next time got bb....and when they crawl on floor....they will trip over it or they itchy hand...go n spoilt it....wahhh haahahahahaa....that time even more ma fan lol....my installation will be in dec....maybe can start planning now...haiz~~~~cha-bo-some!!!!! :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

People say cannot any how band the fiber cable but my hub (he is a engineer) he say can la can band but of coz not to the extend you will bend till going to break into half.

I also got consider dun install but if next time say no more cable how?? All use fiber.. I think you go more siao :D

Hmmm~~~maybe when we r very old liao....dan no more cable bahhh....hahahahahaa.....by that time...let our children go n headache lol.... :P

see for yourself..how to run the cable?!even run on top also cant cos there is cove lighting!

cant be running down direct to the TV!!so ugly!

P0801090006.jpg

note the small box at the corner?that is use to seal off all the wiring!so i guess,drilling is unavoidable liao!

CIMG3044.jpg

hahahaha....mine is cornices...urs is cove lightings....sa-mer sa-mer fate ahhh.....haiz~~~~