Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
familyof4

Parents & Parents To Be

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
preciousjam, dun stress her...

want to check if anyone has ever send their kids for language classes? English and Chinese and any recommendations and feedbacks?

haha...so typical to ask this kind of question....

once i settle my house reno, gonna start looking for language classes for my children....which do you think is better, private or group study?

haha...so typical to ask this kind of question....

once i settle my house reno, gonna start looking for language classes for my children....which do you think is better, private or group study?

I prefer group study if u ask me about languages. Small groups to be precise.

I believe that engaging in conversational chats will be more effective in their learning :)

Have looked at YiQuan, Berries and also for English classes, thinking if I should go to julia Gabriel (but too far).

Twin runs in the blood.

I'm the 1st twins and my sister 2nd.

My younger sister has her twins girls last year. Doctor said it is non identical but still look alike.

Twin runs in the blood.

I'm the 1st twins and my sister 2nd.

My younger sister has her twins girls last year. Doctor said it is non identical but still look alike.

Arh what are the chances of having twins ar?? I have twins cousin both my parents side..

Salute you x2 for twins twice in a row..

I hope to have twins when im ready for kids.. pain 1 time and closed factory liao... muahahah :dancingqueen:

all parents, which gynae did u use?

mine is Dr. Adrian Woodworth

C-sect @ 37 weeks.

Good gynae.. nice stitches.. :D

Edited by cherylkjh

my first was delivered at TMC, wife stayed in 2 bed ward. doc was nice to tell us to just book for 4 bed ward and she will upgrade us for free. (provided there are beds available)

wife went for natural birth, thankfully there was no complications. IIRC, total bill came up to ard $1600ish, only paying $50 cash, rest medisave.

second will be delivered at gleneagles as gynae only delivers there. wifey will have discount for the hospital bill as she is a staff, hopefully the discount can help to keep the bill down as we are very worried the bill will be sky high even for normal delivery. heheh...

has already decided to use Dr YY Yip as my girl has been seeing him since young, might as well let my boy see him also.

same

we booked for 4-bedded and we get free upgrade to 2-bedded...

total bills (me + bb) is abt 5kplus

minus cpf 3kplus

we pay abt 800 cash

I prefer group study if u ask me about languages. Small groups to be precise.

I believe that engaging in conversational chats will be more effective in their learning :)

Have looked at YiQuan, Berries and also for English classes, thinking if I should go to julia Gabriel (but too far).

F4, I think Berries and Tien Hsia is not bad for Chinese Classes.

I enrolled my Son into Tien Hsia (Was considering Berries, and may try it out once I shift) and so far he's made some decent progress in picking up mandaring by recognising words, and learning to also understand it from its English equivalent. Tien Hsia has small groups and their nursery courses involve learning words in more 'fun' ways such as through songs and actions. They also give chinese character cards every week for the key words learnt during that lesson.

My wife and I realised that for Chinese, classes alone are not enough, you have to kinda do refresh/practice lessons every night, in more casual and fun ways with your child to familiarise them with the words/characters and help them remember. For us, its more important cos' we hardly speak any Chinese at home and we also don't wish to confuse them too much because our home is literally tri-lingual (English-Bahasa-Chinese).

As for English, so far my friends and my sister who've tried Julia Gabriel have commented that the standard is not that good as it used to be and its kinda overrated and overpriced. Morris Ellen and I-Can-Read are also other schools you could explore. For English, another good way to teach and bond with them outside of classes is to spend time at night reading together. :)

Thanks for the info, Adrian!

After my reno is completed, I shall start to look around for the courses available for her. Too tiring trying to handle everything myself :(

Angel: any good news?

preciousjam, dun stress her...

Hohoho.. Duno yet. Tink my ovulation wk just pass bah. This mth totally didn't check and just agar agar. Will have to see next couple of weeks if anyone come "visit" bah. :P

Stress stress stress........ looks like i have to try for a made in america kid now.

Good luck! Take care of yourselves over there ya? :)

hihi all P & PTB, i'm in my 17th week with our 1st child. Excited to find out abt the gender in 2 weeks time.

still looking for a good ID to renovate our new place at sembawang, getting keys next month, moving in Mar 2010 (3mths after delivery).

cheers to all ! :D