Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
windz

How To Effectively Clean Glass Stains

juz got my keys. there is this shower screen in my toilet. how am i able to effectively able to clean it. if can't, i might consider hacking it and built new one le. experts advise pls :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
juz got my keys. there is this shower screen in my toilet. how am i able to effectively able to clean it. if can't, i might consider hacking it and built new one le. experts advise pls :)

bump

do u mean the algae on the silicone or the glass is extremely dirty n stained?

bro, i meant both! Indeed the glass is v dirty and there's algae on the silicon. :P

Glass, you need a WIPER.

Any soapy solution will do to get rid of the soap scums, but you need a wiper to wipe it clean.

As for the mold within silicon, I found no solution yet. But some people recommended Duck cleaner or Mr Muscle.

As for the mold within silicon, I found no solution yet. But some people recommended Duck cleaner or Mr Muscle.

ya, me too. The mold would become black and nothing can remove it. Tried Duck cleaner and Mr Muscle but it can only clean about 10% of the mold and UNLESS one clean it from day 1.

I use white distilled vinegar, its an excellent bathroom cleaner. Vinegar's acidity kills most mold, bacteria, and germs. Cleaning with white distilled vinegar is also the way to avoid harsh chemicals. It's also known to be environmentally friendly & economical.

Remove grime, mildew, and scum from the tub, tile, shower curtain or door by wiping with undiluted white distilled vinegar. Rinse with water.

Use full-strength white distilled vinegar on dirty grout, let it sit for a few minutes and then scrub with an old toothbrush.

Spray shower doors with full-strength white distilled vinegar to release the hard water deposits

Get rid of stubborn bathtub film: Wipe it with white distilled vinegar and then scrub with baking soda.

Colored porcelain sinks will shine when you scrub them with (undiluted) vinegar.

clockwork

It's nice to find another green person here. :D

I use things like vinegar (what's the diff with the white distilled version?), castile soap, baking soda, tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil and lemon oil for general cleaning also.

clockwork

It's nice to find another green person here. :D

I use things like vinegar (what's the diff with the white distilled version?), castile soap, baking soda, tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil and lemon oil for general cleaning also.

Distilled Vinegar is colorless and very strong, it is too brutal for use in cooking but is ideal for pickling, cleaning glass and as a detergent or disinfectant. :)

ya, me too. The mold would become black and nothing can remove it. Tried Duck cleaner and Mr Muscle but it can only clean about 10% of the mold and UNLESS one clean it from day 1.

u mean the black mold no chance of removing

currently my living hall big mirror many black patches :(

headache now

For the mold, it CAN be clear by Mr. Muscle's Mold remover. Get the CORRECT Mr. Muscle's product. Get the mold remover. The bottle is solid orange in colour and NOT see-thr plastic which u can see the liquid agent. It costs abt $5.50 A NTUC or Giant superstore. If u live near Chong Pang, get it @ $4.40 @ a store call 'CK' near Chong Pang Market.

Hello88,

U might have bought the wrong product from Mr. Muscle. If u bought the correct product but still can't remove the mold, im not that surprise either. Because it happened to me too. My toilet's shower screen silicon strip was almost 75% covered by stubborn mold and can't be removed by whatever agent or brush. Even SAF's famous insect repellent can't remove it! During the 1st 3 continuous uasage of the mold agent (with a time different of an hr ebwteen each use), there was ZERO effect! Thought I wasted $$ again. Gave it last try. Rinse the area with water, spray mold area with mold agent again and left it overnight. Next morning, discover that abt 20% of the mold was gone! Repeated the process on-and-off for 2 days, 100% removed! Spray, leave it and rinse off!

Now am maintaining @ cleaning once a wk, have not seen MR MOLDY for the past 3 mths!! Even without lifting a brush!---> I'm Mr. Happy!

Hopefully, u guys too!

For the mold, it CAN be clear by Mr. Muscle's Mold remover. Get the CORRECT Mr. Muscle's product. Get the mold remover. The bottle is solid orange in colour and NOT see-thr plastic which u can see the liquid agent. It costs abt $5.50 A NTUC or Giant superstore. If u live near Chong Pang, get it @ $4.40 @ a store call 'CK' near Chong Pang Market.

Hello88,

U might have bought the wrong product from Mr. Muscle. If u bought the correct product but still can't remove the mold, im not that surprise either. Because it happened to me too. My toilet's shower screen silicon strip was almost 75% covered by stubborn mold and can't be removed by whatever agent or brush. Even SAF's famous insect repellent can't remove it! During the 1st 3 continuous uasage of the mold agent (with a time different of an hr ebwteen each use), there was ZERO effect! Thought I wasted $$ again. Gave it last try. Rinse the area with water, spray mold area with mold agent again and left it overnight. Next morning, discover that abt 20% of the mold was gone! Repeated the process on-and-off for 2 days, 100% removed! Spray, leave it and rinse off!

Now am maintaining @ cleaning once a wk, have not seen MR MOLDY for the past 3 mths!! Even without lifting a brush!---> I'm Mr. Happy!

Hopefully, u guys too!

ya i bought the Mr Muscle Mold remover from NTUC. Cant clean off the entire 'black mold' 'captured along the silicon strip. I had left it overnight for 2 nights...smelly leh. Maybe its super stubborn stain as I tried to clean off the mold after staying there for more than 2 years. 'They' already got 'their' PR so 'they' definitely wont wanna leave :lol: anyway no more problem now since I already sold off the unit. Now new place no shower screen.