Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sixer

Our Contemporary Attempt

:o so much sands ah?! :jawdrop:

ya... alot of raw materials in and alot of debris out also..

yeak said 4 lollie to dispose everything... 2 for the hacked walls + tiles and 2 for the wood.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

yup.. think mine quite alot.........

anyway i am thinking of using silver colored switches.. but heard that those are designed for concealed use and there no silver colored boxes to hold the silver face plate.

is this true? anybody here have used/seen these care to advice? TIA!!! :bow:

met the legendary tiler this evening.. friendly and approachable chap who will give many wonderful suggestions and ideas. he is just :thumbs up: la... feel so good letting him do my house. anyway here's what done today.

- the old store entrance is sealed

- new store in kitchen erected.

- tiles for one side of kitchen wall is up.

- wall tiles for master bathroom is up too

today's visit to the house is not planned (went up to discuss some issues) so never bring camera up. but will be going up tomorrow again to take some pics. so stay tuned!

met the legendary tiler this evening.. friendly and approachable chap who will give many wonderful suggestions and ideas. he is just :thumbs up: la... feel so good letting him do my house. anyway here's what done today.

- the old store entrance is sealed

- new store in kitchen erected.

- tiles for one side of kitchen wall is up.

- wall tiles for master bathroom is up too

today's visit to the house is not planned (went up to discuss some issues) so never bring camera up. but will be going up tomorrow again to take some pics. so stay tuned!

did you tell the tiler he very popular now?!!! but he's very nice to talk to...friendly!!!can't wait to see your pics....

should be quite fast liao...these tilers work very fast.....

A very big wave.gif to all the renotalkers. Joined this forum a couple of months back and have been lurking around since. Got no time to really sit down and start a blog until today... or maybe it's because we're lazy.. lol.. 8|

Floor plan:

floorplanonly.jpg

Realized that this layout is pretty common (some of the renotalkers have the same layout) but we love it. Squarish, little floor space wastage, spacious bedrooms which are not in funny places and has high potential for walk in wardrobes in the master bedroom. We are already the official owners for the house but will only start the renovation probably end of this month.

We should be engaging contractors as we know what we want to do. Approach and direction taken would be towards contemporary as we both like the clean sleek lines, smooth textures and polished metal feel. As this is our first house and first renovation, any advice and feedbacks are welcomed! The layout, after many rounds of changes and brainstorming, has already been finalized. Will upload it soon. The next step for us now is to confirm our contractor. Been to a few IDs and quite a number of contractors. The final 2 that we have shortlisted are superstar contractors from renotalk and i guess most of you know who they are :P Mr Yeak and Ah Soon. In our opinion:

Mr Yeak - Reasonable pricing, looks honest and reliable. Very impressed by his workmanship, especially by his tiling. Feels quite connected with him when we tell him what we want to do. Can tell that he knows what we want by his response and inputs.

Ah Soon - Very attractive pricing and looked very sincere and honest. Lots of room for improvement for his time management and workmanship. Close supervision and monitoring required during the renovation period. But for the price he offers, i think it's acceptable. Will provide us with more inputs on practicality then design.

1 vote for Mr Yeak from her and 1 vote for Ah Soon from me. After many many rounds of discussions, comparisons and compromises, we think that we most probably will go for Mr Yeak. Willing to pay more for better workmanship and lesser involvement (lesser headaches). Have not officially confirmed with him yet but think he's the one already. Just hope that his final qoute won't deviate too much from our budget, give us more discounts and we can start soon. :yeah:

Next up: Finalized layout and things to do

I like to have Uncle Yeak contact. Pls pm me. Thanks in advace.

did you tell the tiler he very popular now?!!! but he's very nice to talk to...friendly!!!can't wait to see your pics....

should be quite fast liao...these tilers work very fast.....

ya.. told them their pics are all over internet and they were all very paiseh.. lol.. just funny..

I like to have Uncle Yeak contact. Pls pm me. Thanks in advace.

PMed.

ya.. told them their pics are all over internet and they were all very paiseh.. lol.. just funny..

if they come my place, i'll sure disturb them....

Reno Day 9 Updates

Still wet works. Wall tiles for both toilets are up. Kitchen left cabinet areas tiles.

dscf2441.jpg

Preview of the toilet.

dscf2447a.jpg

Kitchen wall.

dscf2454.jpgdscf2452.jpg

Close up. (gap is super small.. grouts not filled yet) :thumbs up:

wow sixer...i like your kitchen wall tiles...swee lor!

Yalah...yeak's tiler really no horse run de....must admit! heehee....two thumbs up for him lor... :good:

when is your handover? :)

wow, the fella that tiled the kitchen wall is really good. minimum grouting sia. :good:

can ask for a name? next time i reno sure tell mr yeak to appoint him as my tiler. :notti: