Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sixer

Our Contemporary Attempt

think one is the old compressor....false ceilings not up yet? must be concealing all the trunking and wiring....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

that's right. the one nearer to the door is the old compressor.

false ceiling works will start next monday. just saw the false ceiling guy bringing up his things and taking measurements.

and yes, we are planning and trying our very best to hide/conceal the wires.. think most of the trunkings that can be seen are in the study room.

are u going to precious place on 11th July?

hmm... go there do what? bake cake? no interest in baking lei... play MJ can :P

Hi Sixer,

Your floorplan exactly like mine!! May I know how much you pay for yr reno?

ThanX!

OWR

final quote is about 36..

Wei, cannot come meh? not bake cake la....eat....please take note of PPP under my siggy....MJ if can have enough kaki, why not? table and MJ tiles ready!!! ;)

no pictures ar?

Haha, no interest in baking nvm. Got interest in eating cake anot? heheheeh... Sure got lots of goodies to eat woh. hehehe

wow!can play there ah!? :sport-smiley-004:

ask you about food, no response...talk about MJ, you no.1....

can la....u jio your kakis.... ;)

Last week finish electrical rewiring, installation of aircon and running of water pipes.

Yesterday and today will install and complete the false ceiling, partition walls etc..

Last friday took a day leave to monitor the installation of aircon and plumbing. It was then which i realised that not all Yeak's workers/sub-cons provide good workmanship. Was not very pleased with the work done by the plumbers. Though friendly, but i feel that they can be more meticulous in their work. One was ok but the other was quite terok. To cut the story short, they broke my wc cover, storage heater that is slanted, common toilet wc slightly slanted too, crooked/bended water pipes that were supposed to be straight and during the whole process of installation, can see that they work in a bing bing piang piang manner, not taking any care of my uncovered kitchen and bathroom flooring.

Couldn't take it and gave yeak a call although i know he was in malaysia. Was quite particular with the bended pipes as it will be ran across 2 rooms through wardrobes and false ceilings. Don't wish to see any leaks that will cause a lot of troubles in the future. Though he assured me that it would not cause and leaks and cannot be seen since that area would be boxed up but it doesn't mean that things which cannot be seen can be anyhow do right? Knowing that it was impossible to change the pipe, we in the end can only settle by telling his plumbers to come back and install additional holders in the middle to support and push up the pipes. Yeak say the plumbers will come on monday (yesterday)

Some pics of the crooked/bended water pipes that were supposed to be straight:

udscf2661.jpg

udscf2659.jpg

This afternoon went up during lunch to look at the pipes again and despite putting up big cardboards and tapes stating not to box up as pipes need to be fixed, the workers still went ahead to box up the pipes. In the end had a tough time talking to them which they very reluctantly and unwillingly take it down to let me see. Actually it's just a less then 5 mins job which i don't understand why they are so reluctant to do. Can tell they are quite pissed with me.

Pics of the pipes after adding the extra holder:

udscf2683.jpg

udscf2682.jpg

udscf2675.jpg

slanting of the pipes abit too much...looks like it will break hehe...with a holder in between helps....luckily you spot it before they box it...no matter think its better to be on the safe side...

so how about the broken stuff? is it 2 quite young ones who came?

slanting of the pipes abit too much...looks like it will break hehe...with a holder in between helps....luckily you spot it before they box it...no matter think its better to be on the safe side...

so how about the broken stuff? is it 2 quite young ones who came?

the plumbers say they will buy a WC cover for us. just hope that they get back the same one.

yes, it was the 2 young men who came. One was pretty beng looking whom was the better one. The other one... :furious:

Most important is to get yeak aware of it.

these pipes is in the bed room and running at high level?

get him aware of what? he says he saw the pipe and is ok wor..

ya these pipes are running across the bedrooms to the MBR bathroom...

More pics

udscf2474.jpg

udscf2489.jpg

udscf2478.jpg

Dining feature wall tiles. Different colors under different lightings and angles. Couldn't get a decent shot in the day before it was sealed up. Will take a better picture next time when there is opportunity.

looks cool, i also chosen this tiles for my place :sport-smiley-018:

but is for my floor from living room to kitchen....

get him aware of what? he says he saw the pipe and is ok wor..

ya these pipes are running across the bedrooms to the MBR bathroom...

think its the same ones la, didn't have much chance to talk to them though...think coz the pipes in my house quite direct...when they install the bathroom stuff on that day, yeak just tell them where to put what and that's it....

have to be firm if you think really can't accept....he'll rectify one.... ;)

actually this reminds me during that time when i wanted to buy a curtain rod in spotlight,the experience salesgirl told me that

its advisable to buy additional holder to install at the center even if the curtain is day curtain and light in weight.

Over time it would slang which is norm.

So,u just need to make sure that the center pipe has additional holder to hold the pipe would be good enough.

Actually a bit slang is ok la,like what he said,its box up anyway.

but just now his picture shows like quite alot slant lei...but good that they put the holder for him liao....

actually this reminds me during that time when i wanted to buy a curtain rod in spotlight,the experience salesgirl told me that

its advisable to buy additional holder to install at the center even if the curtain is day curtain and light in weight.

Over time it would slang which is norm.

So,u just need to make sure that the center pipe has additional holder to hold the pipe would be good enough.

Actually a bit slang is ok la,like what he said,its box up anyway.

water pipes shouldn't slang over time. i dont see 20 or 30 years old flat with original water piping slang a bit. furthermore, problem now is not slanging over time, is installation problem lei...

like i've said, box up = doesn't mean installing a slang pipe is ok. what if i never do box up? it's not fair what.

looks cool, i also chosen this tiles for my place :sport-smiley-018:

but is for my floor from living room to kitchen....

heard from the tilers that the tiles very "qiao" (warp). so have to ask your tilers to lay properly if not will cut leg.

think its the same ones la, didn't have much chance to talk to them though...think coz the pipes in my house quite direct...when they install the bathroom stuff on that day, yeak just tell them where to put what and that's it....

have to be firm if you think really can't accept....he'll rectify one.... ;)

sometimes i think yeak can be quite firm also. but anyway, just to check, for rectification works on tiling, when is it done? after wash up before carpentry?