Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sixer

Our Contemporary Attempt

Actually should be done now. Once carpentry up, harder to change things. Am going almost every morning and after work if I can to check.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
water pipes shouldn't slang over time. i dont see 20 or 30 years old flat with original water piping slang a bit. furthermore, problem now is not slanging over time, is installation problem lei...

like i've said, box up = doesn't mean installing a slang pipe is ok. what if i never do box up? it's not fair what.

heard from the tilers that the tiles very "qiao" (warp). so have to ask your tilers to lay properly if not will cut leg.

sometimes i think yeak can be quite firm also. but anyway, just to check, for rectification works on tiling, when is it done? after wash up before carpentry?

anything you think should rectify, let them know early and they will...i have a wall tile damage by the air con people, they only rectify when i moved in liao...if the tiles affected will have carpentry, then its better to rectify now....

Updates

Ceiling and partition wall works completed. Painting of the ceilings completed. First round of painting for walls was completed today. (pics were taken yesterday). Holes for downlights were all open. Last weekend was super tiring as we marked and opened all the holes for downlights and spotlights. Also went shopping to get our kitchen hood and hob. For those who were planning to get hoods and hobs, especially Rinnai, check out their package price for their Katana Hood. Discovered that when we went to their showroom. Showroom price was already quite attractive but dealers were even better as they give discounts on top of the Katana promo. For those who interested, i got my stuffs from Maximum Credit and if you need the name of the sales man (great guy) that I deal with, drop me a PM. ;) Here are some pics..

udscf2708.jpg

Dining area

udscf2707.jpg

Living room and false partition wall for tv and console

udscf2712.jpg

Walkway to rooms

udscf2703.jpg

MBR entrance

udscf2704.jpg

WIW and rest of MBR

Upcoming works:

- Meeting Yeak tonight to discuss carpentry.

- Lights will be installed this coming weekend.

- Debris will be cleared this saturday.

- Monday will be acid washing.

- Tuesday will start to polish marble.

Edited by sixer

Updates

Here are some updates before i lose my thread (and before PJ starts to nag at me).. :P

Some random pics of the house after the lightings are done and first coat of paint is up..

udscf2803.jpg

View from entrance. Planning for some art piece in the future.

udscf2799.jpg

Living Room - Cove lights!

udscf2790.jpg

MBR - Very nice paint color chosen by wifey.

udscf2806.jpg

Another color that I like! - Majestic Yellow

Edited by sixer

only got the chance to nag at you at PPP....hehehe but it works lor....the colour for the paints very nice...what's the colour you wife choose? nice :good: the featured wall very very good...is it tiling?

saw in your previous post, you bought stuff from maximum credit...is it the one at Blk 121 alexandra village? got a beauty salon beside it?

Edited by preciousjam

udscf2675.jpg

hi sixer

there are white plastic brackets that you can use to straighten the pipes. better to add them before they expand/contract over time and start to bend more. you can see the white brackets that i used to keep my pipes straight and neat. they should blend in with your white wall and not look untidy.

Edited by Ripples

only got the chance to nag at you at PPP....hehehe but it works lor....the colour for the paints very nice...what's the colour you wife choose? nice :good: the featured wall very very good...is it tiling?

saw in your previous post, you bought stuff from maximum credit...is it the one at Blk 121 alexandra village? got a beauty salon beside it?

yeah. feature wall are tiles chosen from hafary. color that my wife chose is silvermink from ICI IIRC.

yep, maximum credit in alexandra village. they have another branch at Jurong West too. in case some of you don't know, Hong Liang is one of their subsidiary

Wah, your living room cove lights & dining feature wall looks nice and cool wor. :good:

thanks =)

i like the paint colours u choose. matches well.

actually there is a color which doesn't work out that well and lucky yeak was kind enough to let us change it. and since we'll be changing it, i didn't show it.

nice pics!

thanks =)

Wao! Ur dining feature wall looks great! :D

hi sixer

there are white plastic brackets that you can use to straighten the pipes. better to add them before they expand/contract over time and start to bend more. you can see the white brackets that i used to keep my pipes straight and neat. they should blend in with your white wall and not look untidy.

P7100002.jpg

hi ripples, thanks for the tip ;) had already added the plastic clips the following day. now that area has also been boxed up, so aesthetically there are no more issues. only concern is that the pipes doesn't over bend over time and causes and leakage which will be a disaster man.

hehehe...i know the people there la...the beauty salon beside it was previously own by my mum before she decide to retire....grew up there.....wonder if kent still there....

i tot ur mum stay at ABC previously? :unsure:

ABC just opp Alexandra Village what....mine is Blk 2...besides the old Safra house....then move to bllk 121 for awhile since mum's shop there...then Bukit panjang....my mum told me some things you never tell me lei....hmmm did my mum tell you any of my secret?