Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

hi fini,

uncle happened to call me so i told him about ur door being left unlocked.. he was very angry but he say he will make it to u...hahah.. duno how true... but hope everything is smooth now on ur side.. :)

Ty seashell... :)

uncle told his tilers off... now I am monitoring them veri beri closely, breathing down their necks...

tiling in progress over at my place , how's your place?

any LEDs pics? :dribble:

Edited by fini

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi blackcar,

Yeah do agree with you that he has done good jobs for fellow forummers here. True enough, he gives a good deal else he wouldn't have been so popular at renotalk. This is reality. That explains why I had spent so much time liaising with him & ironically, I already told him I will engage him to be my contractor. However, he still piloted me time and time again. Or should I say, countless times.

What I wish to point out in my previous posts is his lacklustre treatment towards his potential customers. This is what this forum is for right? To point out the complaints and cons abt any ID or contractor. At times, I felt that if such attitudes and encounters are complained by someone here on a neutral ID, that ID is going to get flamed like mad, but not Ah Soon here. Just my 2c.

Hi seashell,

Yeah, I find it equally puzzled too why a contractor can take so long a time to give me a final quotation.... I met Ah Soon 1-2 times to discuss abt the quote. After making some slight changes, he is supposed to give me a final quote, which I told him I'll engage him once keys is collected. However, calls are intentionally avoided (if one wishes to noe how I noe this, can PM me) & aeroplanes are flying all around my head at countless occasions. Anyway, if you think I'm a competitor to Ah Soon & trying to cook up stories here, you can PM me cos' I don't like being falsely alleged. I'm most delighted to meet you up. :)

And yeah, I even went to few Ah Soon's supporters, one of which is @ Clementi area. Met all the owners there & they were nice to show us around. Guess one of them is Ivy if not wrong. :P

hi blue

ops i m sorry if i give u the impression i m saying u r ah soon competitor.. i was actually refer to earlier post.. definitely not referring to u tou...

well, why is it that ID get flamed like mad? the reason is simple: that's because they charge expensive. ah soon is not flawless, in fact, we all have a fair share of aeroplanes... we do complain, but end of the day, when things completed, we walk away with $10K savings... it all depends on how much you value this $10K ....n ur willingness to accept uncle flaws...

somemore, uncle is one man show...accounting, quotation, everything done by himself.. if he engage more people, it will means he have to quote higher..

what trevorcantona had said:

take discount n be prepared for uncle flaws .

dun take discount, may also met with flaws or uncertainity...

whatever it is, i hope you find the right person for your renovation!

hi fini,

uncle happened to call me so i told him about ur door being left unlocked.. he was very angry but he say he will make it to u...hahah.. duno how true... but hope everything is smooth now on ur side.. :)

Hi Bluewater,

Currently uncle is also doing my place. I also had problems getting him to give me a quote.

However, jus to let you know, at least uncle gave me a quote. I went to 10 IDs only got 3 quotes back.

In fact, I got my keys in mid july. I got uncle to quote me in early july, he dragged my quote all the way til mid august and i only started on 1 sept!

I was also quite frustrated but bo pian, only uncle can give me what i want at the price i can pay :)

In fact, uncle's price is so irrisistable that ALL IDs quoted me at 55k or above, uncle is giving it to me at only 45k!

The reasons why he is dragging your quote is becos (my speculations):

1. He really have too many projects on hand.

2. He really dun have time to quote you.

3. He really hates to type quotes or calculate the amount involved.

4. To him he has so many things on hand that he got used to forgetting about his appointments with customers!

Let me just say that he has his good and bad points, if you cant tahan better not take him!

I have met very responsible IDs but they charge me at least 15k above uncle, so to save 15k, i will accept uncle's flaws!!!

Trev

Uncle soon's pricing is truly irresistible, much lower than all contractors not IDs i have contacted, alot of cost savings & he gives FOC stuff, he does not hardsell to do extra stuff unlike IDs instead he told me , can save $$, this & that not necessary to do & he did not take too long to quote me.

but he did delay starting my reno ,

His sub cons Need Monitoring..for my place , when problems, uncle was responsible & did 'discipline' his sub-cons'- eg when his tilers left my place unlocked for the night

All your requests , must get in writing...

Hi blackcar,

Yeah do agree with you that he has done good jobs for fellow forummers here. True enough, he gives a good deal else he wouldn't have been so popular at renotalk. This is reality. That explains why I had spent so much time liaising with him & ironically, I already told him I will engage him to be my contractor. However, he still piloted me time and time again. Or should I say, countless times.

What I wish to point out in my previous posts is his lacklustre treatment towards his potential customers. This is what this forum is for right? To point out the complaints and cons abt any ID or contractor. At times, I felt that if such attitudes and encounters are complained by someone here on a neutral ID, that ID is going to get flamed like mad, but not Ah Soon here. Just my 2c.

Hi seashell,

Yeah, I find it equally puzzled too why a contractor can take so long a time to give me a final quotation.... I met Ah Soon 1-2 times to discuss abt the quote. After making some slight changes, he is supposed to give me a final quote, which I told him I'll engage him once keys is collected. However, calls are intentionally avoided (if one wishes to noe how I noe this, can PM me) & aeroplanes are flying all around my head at countless occasions. Anyway, if you think I'm a competitor to Ah Soon & trying to cook up stories here, you can PM me cos' I don't like being falsely alleged. I'm most delighted to meet you up. :)

And yeah, I even went to few Ah Soon's supporters, one of which is @ Clementi area. Met all the owners there & they were nice to show us around. Guess one of them is Ivy if not wrong. :P

Hi Bluewater,

Currently uncle is also doing my place. I also had problems getting him to give me a quote.

However, jus to let you know, at least uncle gave me a quote. I went to 10 IDs only got 3 quotes back.

In fact, I got my keys in mid july. I got uncle to quote me in early july, he dragged my quote all the way til mid august and i only started on 1 sept!

I was also quite frustrated but bo pian, only uncle can give me what i want at the price i can pay :)

In fact, uncle's price is so irrisistable that ALL IDs quoted me at 55k or above, uncle is giving it to me at only 45k!

The reasons why he is dragging your quote is becos (my speculations):

1. He really have too many projects on hand.

2. He really dun have time to quote you.

3. He really hates to type quotes or calculate the amount involved.

4. To him he has so many things on hand that he got used to forgetting about his appointments with customers!

Let me just say that he has his good and bad points, if you cant tahan better not take him!

I have met very responsible IDs but they charge me at least 15k above uncle, so to save 15k, i will accept uncle's flaws!!!

Trev

hi bluewater,

No worries we all here to share our views and opinions that's the purpose of forum. As for flaming, i do have a fair share on ah soon. If you would just back thread and will able to find it.

Hi blackcar,

Hi seashell,

我对于uncle ah soon评价非常中立:

他有很多优点,当然也有缺点,

至于用不用,要不要uncle ah soon帮你装修房子完全在于你。

没必要眼红,也没必要讲些有没有的来破坏h soon的生意。

他有很大的时间观念超差的缺点,

一方面真的很忙,一方面是他不善于拒绝人的个性,

常常容易答应顾客后又来不及过去约会而造成我们这班顾客老是坐飞机,

而且,他也常常忙到连手表都没看,不知道时间过了,

也没通知在等他的顾客,

所以造成许多的不满,当然也包括我。

但是久而久之,我才发现,要如何跟他协调的技巧,

要厚脸皮,敢敢告诉他我的感受,

要不断不厌其烦的打电话提醒再提醒,传简讯通知再通知等等

最近,类似问题终于获得改善,飞机没了,

时间也不会常常浪费掉,他也开始会在过来约会前通知我大概多久会到,

当然也有无法来的时候,但还好现在会打电话通知我。

我相信他忙起来还是会故态复萌,所以我应该会再提醒再提醒,希望他一直记得顾客在等他。。。。。。

还有找他负责工程要有工程需要的时间比起找其他承包商更久,

他的工人就那么几批,没三头六臂,找他装修的人又多,所以常常会有人手调动的问题。

除此之外,uncle soon真的不失为一个肯负责任的人,

对于工程出现问题,他会来查看,想补救方法,

对于工工人做错事,他会责备,要求做好,

对于小东西,不会计较,不会乱加费用,有时还附送给顾客,

还有他的收费合理,不乱来,不砍人菜头。

很多时候都很乐意配合屋主的需求做更改。只要办得成的都尽量配我们。

是个万事好商量的uncle,

所以,对于那些有办法花时间自行检查督工,有自己设计概念然后不急需搬家的屋主来说,

不失为好选择,他会给你很好的估价,让大家在配合自己的预算下有美美的新家住。

当然,如果你是个超级大忙人,对于设计毫无概念,赶着收屋居住,

我良心建议你从新考虑找uncle ah soon帮你装修的念头,

免得自己头疼难过,又要来这里哭!

uncle sh soon不是最好,但是也不是一无是处,他有他的生意市场,

用不用他,全是大家的选择,如果真的达成协议要合作就尽量沟通,

毕竟没有完全没问题的工程,是看问题大或小,多或少罢了!

以上纯属我个人意见,

希望不会得罪到你^^

最后,祝大家的装修都顺利愉快!

sorry i dont speak or read chinese. so i translate using google translator

hope anybody can amend

I am very neutral uncle ah soon rating:

He has many advantages, of course, there are shortcomings,

As for the need, you do not uncle ah soon to help you is that you completely renovated a house.

Is no need to jealous, but also there is no need to say more to undermine h soon in business.

He had a great time for the shortcomings of the concept of ultra-poor,

On the one hand is really busy, he was not good at the one hand, refused to the human personality,

Customers are often easy to promise too late after a date in the past caused by this group of customers that we always travel by plane,

Moreover, he often so busy that even watches can not tell I do not know that time is passed,

Have no such notice of his customers,

This results in a lot of discontent, of course, including me.

But time goes by, I realize, how with his co-ordination skills,

To be thick-skinned, the courage to dare to tell him how I feel

To continuously take the trouble of calling to remind to remind, mass SMS notification to notify, etc.

More recently, a similar problem was finally improved, the aircraft did not, and

Time is not always wasted, he also began to come before the appointment will probably notice how long I will go to,

Of course, there could not come to the time, but okay now call let me know.

I believe he is busy or will relapse, so I should be able to remind to remind the hope that he always remembered the customers waiting for him. . . . . .

There he was responsible for project must work to find the time required to find other contractors more than the

In addition, uncle soon after all really a responsible person,

For engineering problems, he would come to see, would like to remedy,

For day laborers do something wrong, he will blame, demands well,

For small things, do not mind, do not indiscriminately increase fees and charges, and sometimes attached to given out to customers

There are his charges are reasonable, not arbitrary, and does not knives to injure turnips.

Often are willing to make changes to meet the needs of the owner. As long as both do have to sing with us as far as possible.

Everything is negotiable is a good uncle,

So, for those who find ways to spend time self-inspection supervisor, has its own design concept and then the owner does not need to move, the

May well be a good choice, he will give you a good valuation, so that everyone in line with its own budget under the new live in the United States and the United States.

Of course, if you are a super busy man, no idea about the design in order to catch income public housing estates,

I suggest that you reconsider the idea of conscience uncle ah soon to help you find the idea of decoration,

Avoid their headache sad, but also come here to cry!

uncle sh soon is not the best, but it is not good for nothing, he has his business markets,

He used or not, all is everyone's choice, if we really try to reach an agreement to co-operate on the communication

No problem, after all, not completely works, is to look at the problem large or small, more or less everything!

The above is purely my personal opinion,

Hope not to offend to you ^ ^

Finally, I wish you all the decoration is well happy!

我对于uncle ah soon评价非常中立:

他有很多优点,当然也有缺点,

至于用不用,要不要uncle ah soon帮你装修房子完全在于你。

没必要眼红,也没必要讲些有没有的来破坏h soon的生意。

他有很大的时间观念超差的缺点,

一方面真的很忙,一方面是他不善于拒绝人的个性,

常常容易答应顾客后又来不及过去约会而造成我们这班顾客老是坐飞机,

而且,他也常常忙到连手表都没看,不知道时间过了,

也没通知在等他的顾客,

所以造成许多的不满,当然也包括我。

但是久而久之,我才发现,要如何跟他协调的技巧,

要厚脸皮,敢敢告诉他我的感受,

要不断不厌其烦的打电话提醒再提醒,传简讯通知再通知等等

最近,类似问题终于获得改善,飞机没了,

时间也不会常常浪费掉,他也开始会在过来约会前通知我大概多久会到,

当然也有无法来的时候,但还好现在会打电话通知我。

我相信他忙起来还是会故态复萌,所以我应该会再提醒再提醒,希望他一直记得顾客在等他。。。。。。

还有找他负责工程要有工程需要的时间比起找其他承包商更久,

他的工人就那么几批,没三头六臂,找他装修的人又多,所以常常会有人手调动的问题。

除此之外,uncle soon真的不失为一个肯负责任的人,

对于工程出现问题,他会来查看,想补救方法,

对于工工人做错事,他会责备,要求做好,

对于小东西,不会计较,不会乱加费用,有时还附送给顾客,

还有他的收费合理,不乱来,不砍人菜头。

很多时候都很乐意配合屋主的需求做更改。只要办得成的都尽量配我们。

是个万事好商量的uncle,

所以,对于那些有办法花时间自行检查督工,有自己设计概念然后不急需搬家的屋主来说,

不失为好选择,他会给你很好的估价,让大家在配合自己的预算下有美美的新家住。

当然,如果你是个超级大忙人,对于设计毫无概念,赶着收屋居住,

我良心建议你从新考虑找uncle ah soon帮你装修的念头,

免得自己头疼难过,又要来这里哭!

uncle sh soon不是最好,但是也不是一无是处,他有他的生意市场,

用不用他,全是大家的选择,如果真的达成协议要合作就尽量沟通,

毕竟没有完全没问题的工程,是看问题大或小,多或少罢了!

以上纯属我个人意见,

希望不会得罪到你^^

最后,祝大家的装修都顺利愉快!

Edited by jesslyntan

hi all. my place is being renovated by Ah Soon.

last night when i visited my place around 9pm, --Uncle Soon's pLASTERer /tILER seng did not int even lock up my place when they leave!!!!

... hall windows open, 2 bedrooms- windows mostly open (if it rains then bedrooms' parquet floor might be damaged not that its now not already damaged uncle soon never protect with cardboard or anything)

Most power switches left "on".. & 1 mobile- light switched on -- illuminating dunno what ....

... my 3 loos' concealed wiring/ power points also nearly never taken into consideration when tiling....

dear fini,

如果真的这样你可以告诉uncle,我的经验是,有什么问题一定要告诉他,

我亲眼见过uncle骂做错事的工人,而且骂得很凶,

其实他很在意顾客,时间上的安排和交代确实是做得不好,这是他的缺点,

但是对于他的 工程,他真是很负责任,

主要是要把不满跟他说他会协调的。

应为大家的工程还在uncle手中进行中,以后见面的机会还有不少,

需要沟通的东西还还很多,所以有事一要提出解决。

希望你和uncle可以取得协调^^

Edited by jesslyntan

hi blue,

it kind of puzzles me that u waited ah soon 3 months just for a quote? i hope u will find your ideal contractor soon. not to deny there are other good contractors in renotalk also! but price wise...

hi blackcar,

oh yes, like what u say, despite of the aeroplanes, we must always know of the discount we are enjoying.. besides, it also doesn't mean that if u pay $10K more to other companies, you won't meet such problem!!

it was until my hubby colleagues who renovated alittle earlier than me, with CLA**IC ID***. The ID never go to site, the workers protest never recd salary, lots of hidden cost, failed to protect his existing marble flooring resulting many scratches and REFUSED to take responsibility... etc! after listening, reading n witnessing all the possible bad things that may comes along, i rather go with a $10K discount than to pay $10K more n still have the risk of running into problems.

Side note:

seems like some of ah soon competitors is having 'red eyes' over his popularity over here.. (looking at some of the post in this thread that is somehow questionable..)

In my opinion, whether he is a superstar or not is doesnt matter. I think most of us has forgotten that he has done many good deeds for the past forumerer here, I m consider one of them. If not bcos of him, i dont think i can save the 10K for my renovation cost. I had had ask my reno buddy to quote and the rest is ID, none of them come close to ah soon quote!!!

Yes, for the saving I had, there must be a price to pay. Some frustation does kicks in at times, this is normal as we all are human. If ah soon is so perfect he will be given the title of Renovation God not superstar!!!

During my reno, even his hometown guy curse him. He claims that he got his own renovation company too and can do better than ah soon. When i post the question why we all go for ah soon and not him? he couldnt answered. The answer are quite obvious rite? why we all go for ah soon, coz he does meet some expectation and most importantly THE COST SAVING!!!

One thing for sure, ah soon does care about his reputation, if not he wont even bothered to call me when i make a big complain here.

Actually, I don't quite agree with "if u are on a tight schedule, uncle is not the right person for u"...

For myself, I do not have a tight schedule. Time is not critcal for me. But yet... he really cannot make it! My wife had decided to give him 1 more chance & arranged to meet him yesterday evening. As I expected, he din turn up and w/o any call to inform his absence.

I guess, as of everyone, we seriously need someone who can show that minimal bit of sincerity to take up our task. Personally, I don't see it in this Ah Soon. And, the biggest problem with him is his hack care attitude towards his potential customers despite numerous calls. I guess his ratings, or should I call it over-ratings...I'm not sure, at renotalk is part of the contributing factor towards his attitude. To me, it is sheer irresponsibility.

After spending 2-3mths of my time liaising with him, I've enough of his kind & he is off my list now. Totally a waste of my time & effort :curse::curse:

To those who still wish to persist interest to try Ah Soon out, do it at your own peril, sad to say :(

Just my honest experience with this so-called "superstar"

hi,

not siding with uncle, but i guess the problem lies with the workers... but of course uncle must either take care of this kind of issue or make good if things goes wrong...

like what other forumers always said, if u are on a tight schedule, uncle is not the right person for u :)

wah so scarryyyy...

maybe ah soon not for me