Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Fatfirefish, if u are on tight schedule then dun risk it. So far, most of the HO not on time.

ivy, can share with us how long uncle take to do your house?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi seashell

hows everyth? dun stress....all e best seashell :)

oki wiring ( esp concealed ) comes b4 tiling... mus now think where put Lt & pwr pt

best is u draw on your floor plan, give to uncle.

u doing ceiling works like Lbox or false ceilings? u must consider the wiring too.. i overlooked on one area of the lbox, the wiring become seen...!!

uncle say meeting me 1pm today... sixth sense telling me not good... haha... anyway my reno into 60% done.. urs is just starting.. so make it right from the beginning so that everything will be fine later on...

hi fini

be careful on the electrical... cus uncle start all the tiling work in my toilet liao then when the wiring comes, the lighting point at the vanity area becomes un-concealed due to the wall tiles already laid. uncle say will think of a way to do it... actually should have do the wiring before laying the wall tiles...

so be very very careful, better plan all the wiring points and tell uncle u want it CONCEALED... repeat it many times to drill into his brains...

Hi seashell

hows everyth? dun stress....all e best seashell :)

oki wiring ( esp concealed ) comes b4 tiling... mus now think where put Lt & pwr pt

hi all

After hacking,,, whts next?

Is it cement screeding?..

Wht abt piping & wiring ( if concealed when?)?--

When ?

B4 or aft tiling?

Whts the timeline like?

Pls help thx

Tia :)

fini

hi fini

be careful on the electrical... cus uncle start all the tiling work in my toilet liao then when the wiring comes, the lighting point at the vanity area becomes un-concealed due to the wall tiles already laid. uncle say will think of a way to do it... actually should have do the wiring before laying the wall tiles...

so be very very careful, better plan all the wiring points and tell uncle u want it CONCEALED... repeat it many times to drill into his brains...

Just want to add some comments to uncle. He is really a nice person when u come face to face and talk with him. But apart from that, I find that he always forgets what he promise and didn't have the initiative to take note. Over the phone, he is just a mere answering machine telling you he acknowledge what you've said. I find it very disheartening after giving uncle so many chances as he has promised to email me the quotations since July and I still have received nothing. :(

i think he forget about you already! well if u really on tight schedule, then better dun engage ah soon liao.... unless one made him sign an agreement to finish job by xxx date if not got to pay a fine...

oops do i sound bad?... cus on one incident, he told us he cannot be late for one particular appt, cus if he is late he will be fine... that's when he becomes 'responsible'...

but then again, still go for something more reliable for your case..

Edited by seashell

hi, i can understand how you feel. i guess most of us facing the same problem when engaging his services. In my opinion, for the cost that you can save, got to endure. Call him again and let him know how you feel abt him delaying yr quotes etc.

all the best.

Hi blackcar, yes I guess so. Can't have the best of everything. Anyway I think uncle's really not suitable for me, due to tight schedule as I will be getting my keys next week. Got to settle on somebody who is more responsive. Wish all other forumers have better luck dealing with uncle to get the best budget reno! :yamseng:

Just want to add some comments to uncle. He is really a nice person when u come face to face and talk with him. But apart from that, I find that he always forgets what he promise and didn't have the initiative to take note. Over the phone, he is just a mere answering machine telling you he acknowledge what you've said. I find it very disheartening after giving uncle so many chances as he has promised to email me the quotations since July and I still have received nothing. :(

hi, i can understand how you feel. i guess most of us facing the same problem when engaging his services. In my opinion, for the cost that you can save, got to endure. Call him again and let him know how you feel abt him delaying yr quotes etc.

all the best.

hi black :D

ic______ ic ahh ...

ty ty 4 reply

will be changing & adding piping pt.. tht part i thot abt alreadi

jus havent really done much elec palnning .. both lights & pwr pts ( concealed /otherwise) ..

u r rt -- better to keep existing elec pts & add more...

know any web sites tht offer more abt elec pt palnning?

thx wil chase chase uncle

ty black

hi fini,

Electrical point planning no need website ba, u are the boss, where you want it and how you want it, is up to you. For example, when you reach home, you prefer to have a light switch on for entrance, then is better to have a lighting switch nearby, the moment you open the door. For power point position for yr fan, hi fi set, ironing location etc etc, you got to decide to incoroporate to your space planning.

Enjoy and have fun!!!

Yes, after hacking of the tiles, depends whether you change the position of the original piping outlet and add on electrical point in yr toilet area, for example hair dryer point etc, if no, next will be cement screeding and plastering.

As for electrical i think you referring to add on power and lighting point? Is entirely different from the tiling job. What they needs to do is to hack a groove line and then bury the wiring and plaster it. I suggest that for electrical point is better to add on and dont remove the existing point for conceal wiring.

Timeline??? Err you got to expedite with yr contactors closely and depend on the amount of work needs to be done.

hi black :D

ic______ ic ahh ...

ty ty 4 reply

will be changing & adding piping pt.. tht part i thot abt alreadi

jus havent really done much elec palnning .. both lights & pwr pts ( concealed /otherwise) ..

u r rt -- better to keep existing elec pts & add more...

know any web sites tht offer more abt elec pt palnning?

thx wil chase chase uncle

ty black

hi all

When ?

B4 or aft tiling?

Whts the timeline like?

Pls help thx

fini

Yes, after hacking of the tiles, depends whether you change the position of the original piping outlet and add on electrical point in yr toilet area, for example hair dryer point etc, if no, next will be cement screeding and plastering.

As for electrical i think you referring to add on power and lighting point? Is entirely different from the tiling job. What they needs to do is to hack a groove line and then bury the wiring and plaster it. I suggest that for electrical point is better to add on and dont remove the existing point for conceal wiring.

Timeline??? Err you got to expedite with yr contactors closely and depend on the amount of work needs to be done.

hi all

When ?

B4 or aft tiling?

Whts the timeline like?

Pls help thx

fini

WC - Oh no! Mine - just installed last Sat.

Guess - got to tape it. But hor, if I taped it, how they do "business"??

hi, when is ur handover?

today i sms 2 times then uncle called me back.. he says tomolo will arrange plumber n ceiling works..

still don't feel too good (duno will kena 707 anot...).. keep my fingers CROSSED.. hopefully i can get good deals @comex to sweeten up my week ! hehe...