Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
pls make duplicate copy of your plan as well. u can also plan the powerpts, TV point, phone points on the wall where u wanna fix them. if there is cerain height preference do indicate as well.

k

thx_____thx

hi fini

be careful on the electrical... cus uncle start all the tiling work in my toilet liao then when the wiring comes, the lighting point at the vanity area becomes un-concealed due to the wall tiles already laid. uncle say will think of a way to do it... actually should have do the wiring before laying the wall tiles...

so be very very careful, better plan all the wiring points and tell uncle u want it CONCEALED... repeat it many times to drill into his brains...

Hi Seashell!

But for my place uncle has already done most of the tiling!!! Should i tell the tiler or uncle directly!??!

Did uncle say how he plan to conceal the wiring!??!

Trev

Just want to add some comments to uncle. He is really a nice person when u come face to face and talk with him. But apart from that, I find that he always forgets what he promise and didn't have the initiative to take note. Over the phone, he is just a mere answering machine telling you he acknowledge what you've said. I find it very disheartening after giving uncle so many chances as he has promised to email me the quotations since July and I still have received nothing. :(

Agreed. So if in a hurry better think carefully before engaging uncle. haiz

so good! *touch wood again*

can i ask, does uncle liaise with u or u got to talk to his workers directly...

i talk to his subcon direct de. faster and more effective and less headache. unless pertaining to costs, the sub con will then ask me to check with uncle first. those that no additional costs I liase direct. that's why u seldom hear me complain in my T-Blog mah. cos i "bypass" uncle :x

and also bcos my workplace and temp staying place all near to new place, i everyday can pop up twice, during lunch and after work, so chances of me bumping into the sub con very high and they also know that i will appear at these 2 timings so if they need to catch me they will appear at those timings as well

Yes ivy, that's what I thought and I really can't afford to manage the project myself at the expense of my time.

Off-topic: why my fastfirefish became fatfirefish. I know I have been eating too much. :P

if u are looking for one contractor that give u no headahce, can pm me.. my brother in law renovated his house with a very tight schedule, think only give him like 20days. he did it, no MIA, no aeroplanes.. his carpentry is so far very cheap as compare to ID.. (also quite well known in this forum)

but his price still slightly higher than ah soon, especially electrical part... n the uncle quoting sometimes alittle 'high handed'... must talk to him with full of respect de...

my kid ahhh Day 1 the younger one take pencil picasso on my dinning wall. but heng ahhh the pencil easily remove by superb 3M cleaning sponge. hahahha dunno to credit the ease of cleaning to the sponge or to the wall paint. other than that hor so far all my carpentery and furnitures mostly 平平安安. *touch wood touch wood*

so good! *touch wood again*

can i ask, does uncle liaise with u or u got to talk to his workers directly...

hahah sorry sorry :P some how i miss out the "s" :P forgive me lah... i miss my morning coffee till now not yet get my coffee fix... so i am see stars already :P

Fatfirefish, if u are on tight schedule then dun risk it. So far, most of the HO not on time.

Yes ivy, that's what I thought and I really can't afford to manage the project myself at the expense of my time.

Off-topic: why my fastfirefish became fatfirefish. I know I have been eating too much. :P

oki got it mus plan, jot down for all to see & remind uncle whenever i find him

think he will appear but later than arranged time ... thts wht i kana so far

but stil better than never appear at all

Gd luck!!!

pls make duplicate copy of your plan as well. u can also plan the powerpts, TV point, phone points on the wall where u wanna fix them. if there is cerain height preference do indicate as well.

best is u draw on your floor plan, give to uncle.

u doing ceiling works like Lbox or false ceilings? u must consider the wiring too.. i overlooked on one area of the lbox, the wiring become seen...!!

uncle say meeting me 1pm today... sixth sense telling me not good... haha... anyway my reno into 60% done.. urs is just starting.. so make it right from the beginning so that everything will be fine later on...

oki got it mus plan, jot down for all to see & remind uncle whenever i find him

think he will appear but later than arranged time ... thts wht i kana so far

but stil better than never appear at all

Gd luck!!!

my kid ahhh Day 1 the younger one take pencil picasso on my dinning wall. but heng ahhh the pencil easily remove by superb 3M cleaning sponge. hahahha dunno to credit the ease of cleaning to the sponge or to the wall paint. other than that hor so far all my carpentery and furnitures mostly 平平安安. *touch wood touch wood*

ok i got u...but so far ur kids got 'accidental' damage ur reno? haha i am so scared of my kids going to do masterpiece on my reno...

12 weeks. that is with me giving green light that he can have "a bit" more time to do my place cos i not in a rush. but the "a bit" became "a lot" -_-

Edited by ivy