Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

ehhh Fu Hua ID ?? who u??! sorry if i sound unfriendly. but u adopt this nick and post such comments sure will invite suspicion.

and by saying that u are sure she will be in safe pair of hands clearly shows that u dun really know ah soon's working style very well.

Ivy u r sharp. Fu Hua ID registered only yesterday.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi there

Has anyone of you had Uncle Soon renovate your home more than 3 years back. I understand from my parents that defects of renovation work can only be detected after owner has moved in the house for a couple of years. They are talking based on experience since they have had renovated our home many times and problems sets in couple of years later.

And expensive defects would only be detected much later and not within the final payment window period. Defects that aren't detectable by looking at the finished product. But are 'hidden' under tiles/walls that is when the contractor cut corners to save operating costs in order to quote at such a low price.

Anyone's home done by Ah Soon in 2005/2006 or earlier?

Anyone care to share? I want Ah Soon to renovate my house cos we all know from this blog that he price is so much cheaper than others. Obviously he is under-staffed and over-worked. But, could the cheap price comes with a price owner has to pay... i.e. the owner would only know years down the road.

I am big fan of Uncle Soon...but I really need to talk to someone who has had his house renovated not just recently. I just find that since he is unable to project manage his team, that is when quality is compromised and we as home owners do not have the technical background to supervise and ensure things are done properly.

Thanks and appreciate your reply.

Hi there

Has anyone of you had Uncle Soon renovate your home more than 3 years back. I understand from my parents that defects of renovation work can only be detected after owner has moved in the house for a couple of years. They are talking based on experience since they have had renovated our home many times and problems sets in couple of years later.

And expensive defects would only be detected much later and not within the final payment window period. Defects that aren't detectable by looking at the finished product. But are 'hidden' under tiles/walls that is when the contractor cut corners to save operating costs in order to quote at such a low price.

Anyone's home done by Ah Soon in 2005/2006 or earlier?

Anyone care to share? I want Ah Soon to renovate my house cos we all know from this blog that he price is so much cheaper than others. Obviously he is under-staffed and over-worked. But, could the cheap price comes with a price owner has to pay... i.e. the owner would only know years down the road.

I am big fan of Uncle Soon...but I really need to talk to someone who has had his house renovated not just recently. I just find that since he is unable to project manage his team, that is when quality is compromised and we as home owners do not have the technical background to supervise and ensure things are done properly.

Thanks and appreciate your reply.

thanks once again for the help and advised. If you refer to few pages back, i did give feedback to you on ah soon the pro and con, lolz. Anyway, below is the pointers :-

1) capentry work design - make sure the color and design are accordingly to yr request. My basin was shifted nearer to the right instead of left becos of the capentry design. As right on top of it is a cabinet which you may hit onto the corner of the top cabinet edges. I didnt complain as i take it is as oversight on my part.

2) If you replacing all the doors to veneer door type, make sure u that they provides u the SOLID door instead of hollow one. Coz the price wont be much difference of less than $40 or so. But yet, they didnt offer me to get SOLID veneer door.

3) If u doing laminate wood, their offer will be either Power dekor or Ace flooring. As for Power dekor they will wanna charge u 7 percent GST, they claim that it is the laminate company asking for it, another stoopid reason. End up i choose Ace flooring instead, both are from China made and installer are the guys from Power Dekor staffs. In my opinion, dont choose Ace flooring, i do have some wood shrunk after installation, again i closed my eyes!!!!

4) the shower screen, if you wan more than standard height of 1.8 meter, u better sounds it out, if not they will claim that u didnt inform them.

5) Electrical point, nego for a lump sum instead of breakdown of individual job done, tis will save u quite abit. U got to determine how many electrical points for yr unit before nego with them for the lump sum charges.

My project was not handle by ah soon instead by one of is his hometeam whom already left him.

If you wish to view my place, do let me know ya. Here is my blog, do feel free to ask me for any queries.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...22984&st=80

cheers

hi black,

well noted on your pointers. i think after engaging ah soon, i also became so busy that i missed out reading some msgs in the thread..hahah....

for your carpentry design, it was a pity the people doing it for u didnt realize it...! any way to rectify?

is ace flooring that bad? cus i have a big laminate plattform in my master room...maybe i should opt for other brands?

the shower screen, i can ask for how high? i realize nowadays the shower heads esp.the rain shower all are very tall and hence u r rite, should ask for a higher showerscreen height, but how high should it be?

yes i am changing all my rooms door. i am going to ask ah soon is he quoting me hollow or solid. :)

hi ivy n black ,

was quite upset when i see some of my tiles not done well, but ah soon assured me all the tiles not meeting my standard, he will 'HACK & REPLACE NEW TILES''. i have some high standards cus i feel that i m going to live in this house for the rest of at least 5-10 yrs... i would hate to see a defect for the rest of the 5-10yrs right in front of my eyes... think ah soon also scared of me... but luckily he didn't try to avoid or ask me to "close one eye". i shall see the end result.. hopefully will be a good ending :)

I am sure Ah Soon can do a good job with so many project on hand. Not mentioning those HDB project that is also under his account .

The only not so good thing is that because of so many project that is under his account. He is often not able to catch up with schedule.

He has sounded to me that he will have to turn down some of the customers unwillingly due to the huge work load and project unless they willing to wait for him.

This is so in order to give good quality service and meet the deadline for project handover.

Alternatively, he is coming out website to crater for the general public that is unable to catch hold of him.People can liase with him with regards about problems or quotation.

FINALLY SUPERSTAR AH SOON HAS A WEB SITE SOON!!!!

That's great, u r ah soon customer too or PR officer? In my opinion if he wans to IPO his company, he shld have employed 3 groups of ppl.

1) the runner, will go round answer phone call and closing business deal for him.

2) the watcher, looking after the projects and coordinate all his contractors to meet individual customer demand

3) the aftermath - tis groups will go round and deal with rectification jobs till the customer are happy.

As for ah soon, go round and collecting monies and thinking how to set up IPO!!!

my two cents

Edited by blackcar

orh kum sia, i cock eye, amended 1 time still type sala and pls dun call me Ms Secretary cos I am not. if not all tom dick and harry will think can pass message and chase work thru me, i die.

got 1 BD to 害我 enough liao i no need another to drive me to my grave faster.

dun anyhow keep in thread say me hai u hor...where got lor...must prove hor....:P

Hi

I will be getting keys sometime in June.

Heard about Ah Soon. Can I check - is he an approved contractor?? And I know he is in high demand, will the works done by his staff be okay?

Mine - 5 room resale flat.

Many thanks

I am sure Ah Soon can do a good job with so many project on hand. Not mentioning those HDB project that is also under his account .

The only not so good thing is that because of so many project that is under his account. He is often not able to catch up with schedule.

He has sounded to me that he will have to turn down some of the customers unwillingly due to the huge work load and project unless they willing to wait for him.

This is so in order to give good quality service and meet the deadline for project handover.

Alternatively, he is coming out website to crater for the general public that is unable to catch hold of him.People can liase with him with regards about problems or quotation.

FINALLY SUPERSTAR AH SOON HAS A WEB SITE SOON!!!!

Ms secretary, ppl is nick is FU HUA ID!!!

orh kum sia, i cock eye, amended 1 time still type sala and pls dun call me Ms Secretary cos I am not. if not all tom dick and harry will think can pass message and chase work thru me, i die.

got 1 BD to 害我 enough liao i no need another to drive me to my grave faster.

ehhh Fu Hu aid ?? who u??! sorry if i sound unfriendly. but u adopt this nick and post such comments sure will invite suspicion.

and by saying that u are sure she will be in safe pair of hands clearly shows that u dun really know ah soon's working style very well.

Ms secretary, ppl is nick is FU HUA ID!!!

Seashell,

I find the plastering team not too skillful. So if u are doing plastering, pls open eyes big big to look out for bumps and lumps, especially on the ceiling. Paintwork gotta watch too. I got crooked lines.

To be up front to you. If you dont mind waiting i am sure you will be under safe pair of hand.

ehhh Fu Hua ID ?? who u??! sorry if i sound unfriendly. but u adopt this nick and post such comments sure will invite suspicion.

Edited by ivy

Hi

Heard about Ah Soon. Can I check - is he an approved contractor?? And I know he is in high demand, will the works done by his staff be okay?

Many thanks

To be up front to you. If you dont mind waiting i am sure you will be under safe pair of hand.

Hi

Many thanks