Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

i almost fainted when i saw the ugly aircon pipings in my house. especially in my 2nd room, 2 layers of thick piping! will take picture n show u.. but uncle tell me can do box up....

Hi seashell

i new in the forum can pm ah soon contact.

many thx

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Seashell,

I have a mirror with lighting, BUT uncle has ALREADY laid the tiles...

Hmmmm, Since it is already done, I should ask him whether can hide the wirings in the box ups or not, cos i got quite a few box ups in my toilet!!!!

Oh BUt i am doing false ceiling or L-Box for the most of the house (except toilet and kitchen), i think the wirings and pipings can be hidden easily!!!

Just that I am concerned about the location of the aircon!!!

Trev

i almost fainted when i saw the ugly aircon pipings in my house. especially in my 2nd room, 2 layers of thick piping! will take picture n show u.. but uncle tell me can do box up....

For those who are looking for ah soon to quote, you have to be very patient in handling him...it can be quite frustrating...I have met him 2-3 weeks ago... it was a pleasant meeting... then he say he will get back to me in a week's time on the quotation, knowing that I need the reno urgently. A week has passed and there was no sound of him. I called him, he asked who i am. Then say he lost my specs discussed during the meeting. Then I was like asking him why he din even bother to call me to ask for my specs again.. he say he will search for it and if can't find, will call me... another week has passed and there was no sign of him again...and i tink i have lost hope in waiting for him any longer...

so my advice, pls make sure that he kept ur quotation properly... i doubt I will engage him as my contractor, knowing that he is so absent minded and lacking sincerity...unless you are a very very very patient person

Hi trustsome1, I feel for you. That's exactly what I was experiencing. It happens to me as well. But I've end up engaging Uncle Soon for the project as me and my wife are already married and thought that it is friendly on our budget after much considerations. So we had to sacrifice time for money.

For those who are looking for ah soon to quote, you have to be very patient in handling him...it can be quite frustrating...I have met him 2-3 weeks ago... it was a pleasant meeting... then he say he will get back to me in a week's time on the quotation, knowing that I need the reno urgently. A week has passed and there was no sound of him. I called him, he asked who i am. Then say he lost my specs discussed during the meeting. Then I was like asking him why he din even bother to call me to ask for my specs again.. he say he will search for it and if can't find, will call me... another week has passed and there was no sign of him again...and i tink i have lost hope in waiting for him any longer...

so my advice, pls make sure that he kept ur quotation properly... i doubt I will engage him as my contractor, knowing that he is so absent minded and lacking sincerity...unless you are a very very very patient person

hi trev,

r u installing a new aircon? cus i got my aircon from GC. alot of hiccups on the aircon wiring. basically how we wanna run the piping, there may be technical constraints on the layout of piping. best u tell the installer to come n survery n confirm the piping first, then u do ur electrical points..

IMPT: if u are doing those mirror with storage and lights vanity in the toilet, must tel uncle to lay the electrical wiring first BEFORE LAY TILES...

also, those place u wanna put electrical point or what, go paste a paper and write there so that nobody forgets..

Hi Seashell,

I have a mirror with lighting, BUT uncle has ALREADY laid the tiles...

Hmmmm, Since it is already done, I should ask him whether can hide the wirings in the box ups or not, cos i got quite a few box ups in my toilet!!!!

Oh BUt i am doing false ceiling or L-Box for the most of the house (except toilet and kitchen), i think the wirings and pipings can be hidden easily!!!

Just that I am concerned about the location of the aircon!!!

Trev

Edited by trevorcantona

if u are looking for one contractor that give u no headahce, can pm me.. my brother in law renovated his house with a very tight schedule, think only give him like 20days. he did it, no MIA, no aeroplanes.. his carpentry is so far very cheap as compare to ID.. (also quite well known in this forum)

but his price still slightly higher than ah soon, especially electrical part... n the uncle quoting sometimes alittle 'high handed'... must talk to him with full of respect de...

Hi seashell, thanks for the offer. Will consider and get from you if decided to try out. Just some updates that uncle suddenly revived my confidence in him. He actually called me up and meet with me one of time to finalize the quotation. So far so good, definitely the one that

bust my budget the least. Hope he won't give me the feeling of forgetting about me again.

Edited by fastfirefish

Hi seashell,

thanks for your advice! will have to talk to uncle then!!!

Not sure if got quote concealed wiring or not, but it was NOT cheap!!! Anyway, i did ask uncle to conceal and he told me that he will do so for my place, i think i have to remind him that i want ALL wiring to be concealed.... hmmm....

Actually i did tell him where and how i wanna run my aircon wiring and pipes, not sure if he remembers and take into consideration!!!

Hmmmm will have to talk to him soon bout this!!

And oh it is good that he is not taking any more work now cos he is really very very busy!!!

Trev

hi trev,

r u installing a new aircon? cus i got my aircon from GC. alot of hiccups on the aircon wiring. basically how we wanna run the piping, there may be technical constraints on the layout of piping. best u tell the installer to come n survery n confirm the piping first, then u do ur electrical points..

IMPT: if u are doing those mirror with storage and lights vanity in the toilet, must tel uncle to lay the electrical wiring first BEFORE LAY TILES...

also, those place u wanna put electrical point or what, go paste a paper and write there so that nobody forgets..

first of all, uncle quote u conceal wiring anot?

also, u have to work out where u wanna fix your points.. also the air con pipping and the electric point for air con..... i had a very hard time to co-ordinate the aircon piping and the electric point ...cus last min the air con pple tell me cannot run the aircon pipe from my service balcony (too long)

better to talk to uncle... u tell the tiler is no use de....

ah soon want me to spread the message that he is FULL until mid-october...

he dun wish to have problem of late HO... still can ask him for quote but he can only start work in mid-october onwards.. :)

Hi seashell,

thanks for your advice! will have to talk to uncle then!!!

Not sure if got quote concealed wiring or not, but it was NOT cheap!!! Anyway, i did ask uncle to conceal and he told me that he will do so for my place, i think i have to remind him that i want ALL wiring to be concealed.... hmmm....

Actually i did tell him where and how i wanna run my aircon wiring and pipes, not sure if he remembers and take into consideration!!!

Hmmmm will have to talk to him soon bout this!!

And oh it is good that he is not taking any more work now cos he is really very very busy!!!

Trev

ah soon want me to spread the message that he is FULL until mid-october...

he dun wish to have problem of late HO... still can ask him for quote but he can only start work in mid-october onwards.. :)

Anyone heard of Ah Soon's worker coming out to do his own renovation? Anyone has his contact number. Please pm me. Thank you.

hi ern,

yes i have! but i think his price is not as cheap as ah soon.. if interested, pm me :)

Hi Seashell!

But for my place uncle has already done most of the tiling!!! Should i tell the tiler or uncle directly!??!

Did uncle say how he plan to conceal the wiring!??!

Trev

first of all, uncle quote u conceal wiring anot?

also, u have to work out where u wanna fix your points.. also the air con pipping and the electric point for air con..... i had a very hard time to co-ordinate the aircon piping and the electric point ...cus last min the air con pple tell me cannot run the aircon pipe from my service balcony (too long)

better to talk to uncle... u tell the tiler is no use de....