Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Doesn't sound like a responsible guy... I'll pass...

hi,

not siding with uncle, but i guess the problem lies with the workers... but of course uncle must either take care of this kind of issue or make good if things goes wrong...

like what other forumers always said, if u are on a tight schedule, uncle is not the right person for u :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi all. my place is being renovated by Ah Soon.

last night when i visited my place around 9pm, --Uncle Soon's pLASTERer /tILER seng did not int even lock up my place when they leave!!!!

... hall windows open, 2 bedrooms- windows mostly open (if it rains then bedrooms' parquet floor might be damaged not that its now not already damaged uncle soon never protect with cardboard or anything)

Most power switches left "on".. & 1 mobile- light switched on -- illuminating dunno what ....

... my 3 loos' concealed wiring/ power points also nearly never taken into consideration when tiling....

oh dear! did u tell uncle about it? well if it is damaged due to their negligence, uncle will have to be responsible to u...

have u told him about it? anyway the concealed wiring in ur toilet, mine also kena... meaning, tiles already up but wiring not up, one of it, the electrician managed to drill a hole into the tiles (no cracks at all), so no problem. one of the toilet, uncle say will retile the affected tiles..

so no worries, if u already tell him where u want the wiring, write it down n place a paper there. if he forget, he will retile at his own cost... (i think iy is only right for him to take responsibility)

Edited by seashell

Yap, i took alot of risk engage his service. I remembered one of thread here i did hint that the kind of risk i m took, not many ppl will wanna take it. Such as no proper black or white documentation, mostly verbal and no material specification, paying him cash cheque etc. I engaged him bcos most of the forumerer here recommended him and apart from this, cheap and nice.

I had given him a good lecture abt being flying aeroplane and not meeting deadline and responding to after sale service. Hopes he listen and take it well. The most disappointed things that is, the hometeam guy that he put him in-charge of my project. Till now, there are few problems poping up here and there which i m still monitoring, will feedback when the time comes.

yes u should monitor n feedback to uncle.. cos sometimes he has so many different groups of pple working for him, it is tru feedback / complaints then he know who is not doing good job for him.. (my guess)

Edited by seashell

last night when i visited my place around 9pm, --Uncle Soon's pLASTERer /tILER seng did not int even lock up my place when they leave!!!!

... hall windows open, 2 bedrooms- windows mostly open (if it rains then bedrooms' parquet floor might be damaged not that its now not already damaged uncle soon never protect with cardboard or anything)

Most power switches left "on".. & 1 mobile- light switched on -- illuminating dunno what ....

... my 3 loos' concealed wiring/ power points also nearly never taken into consideration when tiling....

Doesn't sound like a responsible guy... I'll pass...

Well, Is our Superstar Uncle soon no longer superstar?

Worried that if i get him for my flat, I dont know if its worth the cheaper price to pay for all the fly aeroplanes and wrong things done.

Aiya..really have to decide carefully lo.

Now in the forum, we also have other good contractors but not as cheap, like Yeak, Jason and latest surfaced Henry.

I am also considering them.

black, u very trust uncle ! hope he didn't abuse it... :) how is it so far u moved in?

Yap, i took alot of risk engage his service. I remembered one of thread here i did hint that the kind of risk i m took, not many ppl will wanna take it. Such as no proper black or white documentation, mostly verbal and no material specification, paying him cash cheque etc. I engaged him bcos most of the forumerer here recommended him and apart from this, cheap and nice.

I had given him a good lecture abt being flying aeroplane and not meeting deadline and responding to after sale service. Hopes he listen and take it well. The most disappointed things that is, the hometeam guy that he put him in-charge of my project. Till now, there are few problems poping up here and there which i m still monitoring, will feedback when the time comes.

For my case, we didnt agreed on how to make payments. He ask for it then i pay him, but i hold on to the last 3K plus after i moved in.

black, u very trust uncle ! hope he didn't abuse it... :) how is it so far u moved in?

can anyone tell me or PM me ah soon payment breakdown? i need it urgently. thanks :)

For my case, we didnt agreed on how to make payments. He ask for it then i pay him, but i hold on to the last 3K plus after i moved in.

can anyone tell me or PM me ah soon payment breakdown? i need it urgently. thanks :)

Edited by seashell

Anyone heard of Ah Soon's worker coming out to do his own renovation? Anyone has his contact number. Please pm me. Thank you.

I think u r refering to Jason . alot pp got his contact here i think

Hi guys,

I'm new here.

After getting Ah Soon's contact, we have been following up with Ah soon for the past 3 months. But seriously, he leaves one very exhausted locating him. I'm trying to get my quotation redone & have been "pilot" by him for 4-5 times, not taking into account the countless occasions of him not taking up my calls. Feel really at a loss now & my wife is now asking me to source out for others instead. Felt real mad at him now. :furious:

1st time say vehicle broke down, 2nd to 3rd time say can't make it cos' he is having appt far away, 4th time say his license suspended, etc.... I'm really beginning to lose faith in him. I gotta cancel all my appts during each occasion in order to meet him & yet he chose to pilot me! Can't imagine when the reno process has any hiccups?! Do I need to :bangwall: when I can't locate him?!?!?!

My auntie is also sourcing for contractor on her new flat... But after my experience, I don't think I will want to intro Ah Soon to her or any other friends now. Otherwise, I get flamed everyday for being kind.

Can any good soul help or advise me on any other good contractors around?

TIA.

Hi guys,

I'm new here.

After getting Ah Soon's contact, we have been following up with Ah soon for the past 3 months. But seriously, he leaves one very exhausted locating him. I'm trying to get my quotation redone & have been "pilot" by him for 4-5 times, not taking into account the countless occasions of him not taking up my calls. Feel really at a loss now & my wife is now asking me to source out for others instead. Felt real mad at him now. :furious:

1st time say vehicle broke down, 2nd to 3rd time say can't make it cos' he is having appt far away, 4th time say his license suspended, etc.... I'm really beginning to lose faith in him. I gotta cancel all my appts during each occasion in order to meet him & yet he chose to pilot me! Can't imagine when the reno process has any hiccups?! Do I need to :bangwall: when I can't locate him?!?!?!

My auntie is also sourcing for contractor on her new flat... But after my experience, I don't think I will want to intro Ah Soon to her or any other friends now. Otherwise, I get flamed everyday for being kind.

Can any good soul help or advise me on any other good contractors around?

TIA.