Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Thank YOU Merryman for responding. Many helpful pple in this forum, really makes me feel less loss :P

Yes, $6K purely for carpentry or woodwork. I need top kitchen cabinets leh, bec I got alot of barang barang......I not young newly wed couple where my house can look like many of yours....macham showflat so nice. I got three teenaged children and I need lots of storage place to organise by stuff so my house dunt look like pigsty! :(

I moved from landed to EA now to 5-room so you can imagine how much furniture and things I had to "buang" to downsize. But its a good exercise also, get rid of all the unused stuff :D

Your tips sound good. Where is S&C?

And yes, Ivy has been extremely helpful in trying to connect me with Uncle Soonperman and his henchman....so I am waiting with bated breath! I thnk if they call me, I better quickly go buy lottery!

why is there a need to do top kitchen cabinet? Do you need that space? your $6k only for carpentry or??

off the rack prices I have seen

wardrobes - $900+ from S&C

bookshelves - $380 defu

study table should be quite affordable, if not use a simple foldable table first..

you can try again or get those already in contact with him to pass message to him...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I asked Mrs Piglet for help to get Ah Soon's contact and she was really nice to pass me his number as well as some advice. Thanks Mrs Piglet! Now, my problem is I cannot reach Ah Soon! Is he like doing reno work for the 15,000 forummers in Renotalk?? That's way so hard to contact :(

Also, what does "fly aeroplane" mean? Sorry, I am a real newb here :(

What should I do? Try and try again or just go to someone else. Actually, my work very simple as I am on a shoe string budget, only want to do carpentry work like top kitchen cabinets, study table and shelves and simple wardrobes for $6k. I know....I know......that kind of budget how to have customised woodwork right??? Sigh.....but my budget very tight leh......

HELP!

Fly aeroplane - 放飞机- Which mean didn't turn up for an appointment as agreed.

Perhaps, for your kitchen cabinet...u might want to think first whether you are a heavy cooker? cooking often? If not, u don't really need so many cabinet aferall if is a small family? 2 or u or.....+ parents....with parents who cook then...perhaps, a full kitchen cabinet is necessary.

Hm.....study table depend on your size you want....perhaps...100 - 200 dollars will settle...

Shelves wise; I used to place all the books and magazine of mine on the floor neatly and stack them up. It still look tidy thou.....till have budget...then u buy shelves?

Wardrobes.....S & C I guess might fit your budget. Most of us customised wardrobe is because we wanted a full ceiling wardrobe and customised the partitions in it...

Hope it helps? Uncle Soon...called me after a long time ....hmmm....and after collecting sufficient air mielage, he call me 1 month after. But was too late for me as I already engage another. So I have no fate with him. heehee. You should still tried and call him and get his quote...no harm. He might be just the one u are looking for :) Liu Bei also have to visit Zhu Ge liang for 3 times? before he agreed to be his advisor...heehee

Family of 4 - I'm the yvon who followed yr gal's blog n stayed in same estate in Bt Panj. dun remb chatting with you before, but then again I have a failing memory..

Hehe...Yvon, cos I met a mommy thru blogging and forum and her name is also Yvon with a gal aged close to my gal too! so i thought its the same Yvon :P

For Jason, after he sketched, u need to tell him again what u wanted...sometimes such things happen :) even with uncle soon's carpenter. but i cant draw, i only show them the pictures.

I asked Mrs Piglet for help to get Ah Soon's contact and she was really nice to pass me his number as well as some advice. Thanks Mrs Piglet! Now, my problem is I cannot reach Ah Soon! Is he like doing reno work for the 15,000 forummers in Renotalk?? That's way so hard to contact :(

What should I do? Try and try again or just go to someone else. Actually, my work very simple as I am on a shoe string budget, only want to do carpentry work like top kitchen cabinets, study table and shelves and simple wardrobes for $6k. I know....I know......that kind of budget how to have customised woodwork right??? Sigh.....but my budget very tight leh......

HELP!

why is there a need to do top kitchen cabinet? Do you need that space? your $6k only for carpentry or??

off the rack prices I have seen

wardrobes - $900+ from S&C

bookshelves - $380 defu

study table should be quite affordable, if not use a simple foldable table first..

you can try again or get those already in contact with him to pass message to him...

I am using Jason, after getting a few quotes, including Unce S, who didnt respond at all.

Have actually tried to start a new thread on Jason, but not successful, dunno why. Anyway, so far Jason is ok, shouldnt speak much about him in Uncle S's thread.. keke.

surprisingly, jason flew my aeroplane haha...

anyway, didn't get back to him after that since i was narrowing down out of 11 people I've met...

HELP!

Let me see how to help u on that... :D

Thanks Ivy for replying. I've PM you. Yep, I'm planning to retain the existing kitchen cabinets for the bottom and just build new ones for the top. Possible? Will they look horrendously mismatched? What to do? No budget leh so cannot be too fussy, I suppose. I tell my husband I tink we need at least $10k to $12k to do all we want, he already grumbling like mad.

:jawdrop:

fly aeroplane, means he dun turn up to meet you even though already make appointment. even if he turns up he will usually be late. being 1-2hours late is the norm. It can usually stretch longer.

are you on a very tight time line? recently uncle is not timely for his HO. probably bcos too many concurrent projects. $6K sounds kinda tight for the amount of works u are looking at.

i'm wondering u only do Top kitchen cabinets then bottom leh? u retaining the old ones? Trevor is right, certain things like study table, shelves may be more economical if u get it off the rack.

I pm u some info. hope it's helpful

Thanks Trevor for the tip. Yes, we've been to IKEA to research and it is one of our options if we are unable to get customisation for the budget we have. I just got the latest IKEA catalogue and the costings don't look very inexpensive either.............we're trying really hard not to have to apply for any kind of reno loan, just like how we have fully paid for our next abode thru our CPF. So absolutely no borrowed money whatsover.

Hi there!

I think you can try IKEA or buy ready made ones. :D

Family of 4 - I'm the yvon who followed yr gal's blog n stayed in same estate in Bt Panj. dun remb chatting with you before, but then again I have a failing memory..

Ivy - yup, will share my experience on Jason, thats why wanted to start a new thread.. nearly fainted when I saw his sketch for my kitchen just now, didnt even follow my earlier sketch..argh..

HELP!

fly aeroplane, means he dun turn up to meet you even though already make appointment. even if he turns up he will usually be late. being 1-2hours late is the norm. It can usually stretch longer.

are you on a very tight time line? recently uncle is not timely for his HO. probably bcos too many concurrent projects. $6K sounds kinda tight for the amount of works u are looking at.

i'm wondering u only do Top kitchen cabinets then bottom leh? u retaining the old ones? Trevor is right, certain things like study table, shelves may be more economical if u get it off the rack.

I pm u some info. hope it's helpful

HELP!

Hi there!

I think you can try IKEA or buy ready made ones. :D

HELP!

Jason is a nice chap just like uncle. He is more "well behave" when it comes to appointment. hahahah

If u have read thru this thread, you will roughly have deduced the downside of using uncle. if u are prepared to brace the bumpy journey dotted with miss calls and HO dates, I can pm you his number. I've got jason's number as well.

I am using Jason, after getting a few quotes, including Unce S, who didnt respond at all.

Have actually tried to start a new thread on Jason, but not successful, dunno why. Anyway, so far Jason is ok, shouldnt speak much about him in Uncle S's thread.. keke.

hey Yvon,

i remembered knowing a mom on the forum and chatted with her on yahoo before are u the same yvon since u mentioned about reading my blog?