Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi, am about to get my own place soon, so am scouring through RT (lots and lots of useful info!!!). I don't speak a word of Chinese, do you think will be an issue in communicating with Ah Soon? Thanks! :)

Yes, Ah Soon only speaks Chinese.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all,

I am very new to this forum. Can anyone please PM me Ah soon's contact and Jason's contact? I am getting my key at Bedok in Nov.

Thanks. :D

Hi, am about to get my own place soon, so am scouring through RT (lots and lots of useful info!!!). I don't speak a word of Chinese, do you think will be an issue in communicating with Ah Soon? Thanks! :)

Yup, can understand where you are coming from ;)

Currently, I'm looking for a contractor who can do some minor renovations for my resales flat:

1) Paint the doors & walls of flat (inclusive of washing area)

2) Remove the Ceiling Lombang

3) Create water canal in common bathroom from bathing area to the drainage hole near the basin

4) Change toilet seats cover for master & common bathroom

5) Install bathroom vanity for master & common bathroom.

6) Install kitchen stove and hood.

So far, most if the contractors I find dun seem interested to take up this job cos the $ involved is small.

Can you/ any kind soul recommend me some reliable contractors? Thanks :)

Hi,

I suggest u can also try Jason or even jaskel's contractor. U can find jaskel's t blog and PM him to ask him. No job is too small in this kinda economy situation...unless they are just too picky.

Yes,agree ivy say.

Dun just read the good,if u can't be accustomed to uncle't time,u should not 'tahan' work with uncle.Read more n u may reconsider to call uncle be4 u hv get ready to coordinate uncle 'pattern'.

Hope all can understand my poor english-_-

Yup, can understand where you are coming from ;)

Currently, I'm looking for a contractor who can do some minor renovations for my resales flat:

1) Paint the doors & walls of flat (inclusive of washing area)

2) Remove the Ceiling Lombang

3) Create water canal in common bathroom from bathing area to the drainage hole near the basin

4) Change toilet seats cover for master & common bathroom

5) Install bathroom vanity for master & common bathroom.

6) Install kitchen stove and hood.

So far, most if the contractors I find dun seem interested to take up this job cos the $ involved is small.

Can you/ any kind soul recommend me some reliable contractors? Thanks :)

only read the good comments? got read the negative ones as well? pls do not ignore the "bad reviews/behavior" which comes with his package. those are impt, pls read thru and get a good overall picture :)

Yes,agree ivy say.

Dun just read the good,if u can't be accustomed to uncle't time,u should not 'tahan' work with uncle.Read more n u may reconsider to call uncle be4 u hv get ready to coordinate uncle 'pattern'.

Hope all can understand my poor english-_-

only read the good comments? got read the negative ones as well? pls do not ignore the "bad reviews/behavior" which comes with his package. those are impt, pls read thru and get a good overall picture :)

Hi Ivy,

Noted. Thanks for the advise.

Hello, I'm new here. Heard alot of good comments on Ah Soon.

Can PM me his contact.

hi all,

i am new here... just collected my house key only and am considering to do some minor reno works... so not going to the ID already... can someone pls kindly pm me uncle soon number?

thanks...

Thanks a bunch for the quick reply Merryman! Alamak! sorry bro, didn't mean to insult your blog name!!! :o

And thanks for another great tip about putting up some of the stuff I cannot bring along to the new place under the Garage Sub-Forum :) This is such a great forum! It rox with people like you!

In fact, every 3 months, I gather stuff that I no longer use and pass them on to a Filipino family (they've got 5 kids!) who will come and collect the boxes and are willing to recycle the items. Of course, I only give them things that are usable, not junk! Like clothes that are still in good condition but my kids have outgrown them.

This weekend, will drag my hubby go visit S&C!

haha, not insult, it's ok lar... and there have been many people who have been sharing info wif me in my t-blog and my questions in theirs... most people are wonderful in sharing ideas/info :D

gd that you are passing things on

try to avoid 2+ I think, can't remember exact timing... if I'm not wrong, the lady boss of S&C will bring her son out for swimming class, so only left one in the store...

Thanks a bunch for the quick reply Merryman! Alamak! sorry bro, didn't mean to insult your blog name!!! :o

And thanks for another great tip about putting up some of the stuff I cannot bring along to the new place under the Garage Sub-Forum :) This is such a great forum! It rox with people like you!

In fact, every 3 months, I gather stuff that I no longer use and pass them on to a Filipino family (they've got 5 kids!) who will come and collect the boxes and are willing to recycle the items. Of course, I only give them things that are usable, not junk! Like clothes that are still in good condition but my kids have outgrown them.

This weekend, will drag my hubby go visit S&C!

I'm newly wed, not so young, no kids :P but no top kitchen cabinet as it is too costly for us.... and ironically, my t-blog is titled Pigsty :D

Maybe you can get rid of some of the unused stuff in garages sub-forum here :D

S&C is @ 338 Ang Mo Kio Ave 1 Street 32 #01-1647, 560338, Singapore

p: 65525208 f: 65560670

Take 133, 262 from amk bus interchange

Here is a link with some comments on their shop in this forum:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17666

Thank YOU Merryman for responding. Many helpful pple in this forum, really makes me feel less loss :P

Yes, $6K purely for carpentry or woodwork. I need top kitchen cabinets leh, bec I got alot of barang barang......I not young newly wed couple where my house can look like many of yours....macham showflat so nice. I got three teenaged children and I need lots of storage place to organise by stuff so my house dunt look like pigsty! :(

I moved from landed to EA now to 5-room so you can imagine how much furniture and things I had to "buang" to downsize. But its a good exercise also, get rid of all the unused stuff :D

Your tips sound good. Where is S&C?

And yes, Ivy has been extremely helpful in trying to connect me with Uncle Soonperman and his henchman....so I am waiting with bated breath! I thnk if they call me, I better quickly go buy lottery!

I'm newly wed, not so young, no kids :P but no top kitchen cabinet as it is too costly for us.... and ironically, my t-blog is titled Pigsty :D

Maybe you can get rid of some of the unused stuff in garages sub-forum here :D

S&C is @ 338 Ang Mo Kio Ave 1 Street 32 #01-1647, 560338, Singapore

p: 65525208 f: 65560670

Take 133, 262 from amk bus interchange

Here is a link with some comments on their shop in this forum:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17666

Appreciate your reply Red Devil and the helpful advice. Yea, we cook EVERYDAY, lunch and dinner bec I am a sucker for homecooked meals and since I quit my full-time job several months back, I make sure there are decent meals for the family. Also, I LOVE to cook SO kitchen needs to be adequately equipped.

Ha!ha! your stack-the-books-on-the-floor idea very radical. Think if no $$$$, I'll ask my kids to do that. I'm a neataholic so books strewn all over the floor freaks me out! :bangwall:

BUT like you say, if no $$$, then have to make do lor......hmmm.....u just gave me an idea, maybe just ask carpenter or go IKEA build simple shelving, not cupboard and just stack everything up first, make use of air space ya?

Fly aeroplane - 放飞机- Which mean didn't turn up for an appointment as agreed.

Perhaps, for your kitchen cabinet...u might want to think first whether you are a heavy cooker? cooking often? If not, u don't really need so many cabinet aferall if is a small family? 2 or u or.....+ parents....with parents who cook then...perhaps, a full kitchen cabinet is necessary.

Hm.....study table depend on your size you want....perhaps...100 - 200 dollars will settle...

Shelves wise; I used to place all the books and magazine of mine on the floor neatly and stack them up. It still look tidy thou.....till have budget...then u buy shelves?

Wardrobes.....S & C I guess might fit your budget. Most of us customised wardrobe is because we wanted a full ceiling wardrobe and customised the partitions in it...

Hope it helps? Uncle Soon...called me after a long time ....hmmm....and after collecting sufficient air mielage, he call me 1 month after. But was too late for me as I already engage another. So I have no fate with him. heehee. You should still tried and call him and get his quote...no harm. He might be just the one u are looking for :) Liu Bei also have to visit Zhu Ge liang for 3 times? before he agreed to be his advisor...heehee