Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

peridotitude, i am charged 1.2k for 4 room flat. then oil base sealer is 300 and gloss paint for door frame and piping is 150.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
peridotitude, i am charged 1.2k for 4 room flat. then oil base sealer is 300 and gloss paint for door frame and piping is 150.

$1.2k for 4 room is a bit expensive IMO (averaging $300.00 per "small" room).Is it one coat or 2 coats?

Ho bee very prompt with quotation! I have not really scrutinised each point. what shocked us was was the kitchen cabinet! Quoted ard 5k for works on my cabinet!!

i dun tink my kitchen is that big??? btw, how to read the figures of my flrplan? hee..what is 7000 by 2250 mean? 7000cm by 2250cm?

Ho bee very prompt with quotation! I have not really scrutinised each point. what shocked us was was the kitchen cabinet! Quoted ard 5k for works on my cabinet!!

i dun tink my kitchen is that big??? btw, how to read the figures of my flrplan? hee..what is 7000 by 2250 mean? 7000cm by 2250cm?

Maybe its 7meters by 2.25 meters. 7 meters being the length of the kitchen (3.5 meters x 2 for top/bottom cabinet) and 2.5 meters is width with only bottom cabinet. :sport-smiley-003:

Edited by terazzo

hee hee.. no no what i meant was the actual floorplan not the kitchen cabinet. :sport-smiley-003:

cuz i roughly want to noe how long is my kitchen cabinet.. it says 34ft top and bottom kitchen cabinet in laminate..

Ya... I'm quoted $1650 (everything in lah) Thought it is kinda ex coz some quotes I gotta from other ids were much cheaper. But there might be hidden cost loh. If moz of u think that wat Ho Bee quote is quite reasonable, I think should be safe. :bangwall: Also pai say to neg wif him for that coz overall his quote has been really reasonable. Any comments on their painting job? :P

I was quoted $95pfr for kitchen cabinet. How did yours come up to be 5k? :sport-smiley-004:

lxiul: I think it depends on your kitchen layout ie; one long straight line against one wall or L-Shaped, or even a U-Shape. The type of kitchen layout will vary with the measurement ma. So you'd go and measure your kitchen size then figure out what is the actual measurement stated in your quotation. You could ask Patrick about it.

When you compare the prices, it may be ex for certain items but if you look at it another way, what you pay for is final and the works done is worth it compared to hidden costs and slipshod work by other people who may not do it so well. Furthermore, HDB walls are not evenly plastered or smooth enough which is why paint works will be a bit tricky. 'Cos have to paint even more to cover up patchy parts that will appear after 1st layer of paint when distributed with a roller brush. I had this problem myself and spent more time than the normal time frame just for touching up here & there(me and hubby doing DIY paintworks ourselves).. Patrick also commented that the walls are not smooth, ie; plastering problem. :bangwall:

Bobogirl : regarding patrick's tiler, :sport-smiley-004: they did the flooring for the kitchen & balcony for me. Can see the pic of the flooring in my T-blog. They did the works in less than 2 days and required minimal supervision without patrick or us around. Very efficient.

Edited by BunBun

Ya... I'm quoted $1650 (everything in lah) Thought it is kinda ex coz some quotes I gotta from other ids were much cheaper. But there might be hidden cost loh. If moz of u think that wat Ho Bee quote is quite reasonable, I think should be safe. 8| Also pai say to neg wif him for that coz overall his quote has been really reasonable. Any comments on their painting job? :bleah:

I was quoted $95pfr for kitchen cabinet. How did yours come up to be 5k? :ph34r:

my top and bottom kitchen cabinet is $3230 , $1680 for solid surface tabletop, $180 glass backing, $180 kitchen base hee... tats why i said total 5k for kitchen cabinet. :) maybe actual measurement is shorter cuz my kitchen considered quite short leh..will patrick rebate back unused portion?

lxiul: I think it depends on your kitchen layout ie; one long straight line against one wall or L-Shaped, or even a U-Shape. The type of kitchen layout will vary with the measurement ma. So you'd go and measure your kitchen size then figure out what is the actual measurement stated in your quotation. You could ask Patrick about it.

When you compare the prices, it may be ex for certain items but if you look at it another way, what you pay for is final and the works done is worth it compared to hidden costs and slipshod work by other people who may not do it so well. Furthermore, HDB walls are not evenly plastered or smooth enough which is why paint works will be a bit tricky. 'Cos have to paint even more to cover up patchy parts that will appear after 1st layer of paint when distributed with a roller brush. I had this problem myself and spent more time than the normal time frame just for touching up here & there(me and hubby doing DIY paintworks ourselves).. Patrick also commented that the walls are not smooth, ie; plastering problem. 8|

Bobogirl : regarding patrick's tiler, 8| they did the flooring for the kitchen & balcony for me. Can see the pic of the flooring in my T-blog. They did the works in less than 2 days and required minimal supervision without patrick or us around. Very efficient.

I tot shld just plaster the walls first if its not smooth before painting? hee.. thats what i always tot cuz i heard frm some ID and frens that they do plastering before... my colleague told me her wall also super lousy plastering like many round bumps on the wall.. after painting many times still very ugly then ask HDB come back to redo plastering..

oh ya! i saw ur blog! ur kitchen layout almost similar as mine hehe.. except my recess area seemed bigger. and I only have recess area below the windows and not whole wall.

did you get ho bee to do ur kitchen cabinet?

Edited by lxiul

Ah most flats that come as it is in after handover by HDB right? Actually what I think is that the HDB contractors prob didn't even the walls enough with plastering? That is what it is like with my place after handover by HDB (Key collection date)

my top and bottom kitchen cabinet is $3230 , $1680 for solid surface tabletop, $180 glass backing, $180 kitchen base hee... tats why i said total 5k for kitchen cabinet. :unsure: maybe actual measurement is shorter cuz my kitchen considered quite short leh..will patrick rebate back unused portion?

Chey... No wonder 5k. :( Solid surface, glass backing n kit base are optional. If u based on $95pfr for kit cab, yours should be 34ft. N if u based on $70pfr for solid surface, yours should be 24ft.

last weekend i went to my house and found urinate in the toilet bowl and not flushed. it is ok for us to let the workers to use the toilet or even to bath. but they didn't flush it is quite bad.

was the electrician tao chew (hobee's) there?