Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Applefreak & Mace, thank you for the feedback.

Ya I will need design services.

I not very good in this area so rather leave it to the professional. :thumbs up:

do be careful though, many so-called IDs are actually contractors who has went to the CC to take up drawing classes. Do check out the section on RENOVATION FIRMS, there are a few reliable IDs there.

If we're not wrong patrick has design co also. Even if we're wrong he can draw for you ans see if it's fit your taste.

:thumbs up:

you also engage hobee ah? !!

Still thinking. Chemistry wise just right. !!

One way to increase MORE CHEMISTRY is to go and read all those HORROR reno stories.

all the simi paid liao not complete, or paid liao do halfway asking for more payments...

FYI, i paid NOTHING same as most hobee customers.

they start work, did about 60% already then ask me to release 50%. no deposit no nothing.

the best part is - after sales service - they came to rectify no matter how long ago they did your reno.

Honesty + Good after sales + no hidden cost(unlike those when reno starts then says this/that not included must pay extra)

That's what we think. But actually he asked for 20% when he starts then 80% completion that's all.

We're really appreciated his answer. Well a big co. to answering a small fry renovation like us.

Our is a resale flat. Only little renovation need to be done. So he's not looking down at us. Thumbs up for the start.

That's what we think. But actually he asked for 20% when he starts then 80% completion that's all.

We're really appreciated his answer. Well a big co. to answering a small fry renovation like us.

Our is a resale flat. Only little renovation need to be done. So he's not looking down at us. Thumbs up for the start.

he asked for 20%??? wah - thats something new....maybe too many pple fly his aeroplane....haiz.

but anyway 20% upfront still ok lah - compare those cut-throats.

but MataHari, you have not confirmed with patrick yet right?

coz he also told me payments terms is 20-80

but everytime ask to pay him, he'll say 'wait next time'

so only managed to pay him 35% so far :(

ya, at least he should have enough time to schedule his works for you.

his office mainly for paperworks nia, not showroom. factory is in sugneikadut i think.

he is a old bird in the industy and he knows NO MATTER how much samples he stocks, the customer die die sure want something else, thats why he let the customer to have the liberty of choosing any tiles any where!

havent seen any adhoc workers. quality is assure, rectification will be DONE until you happy, thats why his IRONCLAD reputation.

you need to give him a time frame or a deadline, so far have yet to hear anyone's reno being delayed.

good luck!

Hi MaCe & all , tks for the replies..

Will seriously consider him.. Now, most important is to make an appt to meet him up.. Like 'Matahari' says, chemistry must be right.. If I don't like him, I won't like his job.

Cheers!

but MataHari, you have not confirmed with patrick yet right?

coz he also told me payments terms is 20-80

Yes, we're not confirmed yet. Even so with 20-80 it doesn't really matter. in the end you need to pay. It's fair enough i guess so. Rather than 10% before start 30% starts then whatever the rest is. :dancingqueen:

The only concern now is budget. Resale cash above valuation is alreay drained us out. Sigh.... So need to rethink which one can be postponed for next time renovation without messing up the whole house. :jawdrop:

Btw, I posted the quotations from 2 narrowed down ID. Any kind soul bother to give comment. Newbie here needs a lot of guidance.... :(

Edited by MataHari

The only concern now is budget. Resale cash above valuation is alreay drained us out. Sigh.... So need to rethink which one can be postponed for next time renovation without messing up the whole house. :(

haiz - with the current HIGH COV....draining many pple out.

can consider doing certain places first while holding the rest to do at a later time.

no leh... although he said 20% 80% at first but hor he started work... then almost 50% completed liao.. i ask him myself when should i made first payment... heeheee....

no matter big or small, he will be very responsive one.

if you use a lot of hotwater - do consider storage heater.

this is what patrick told me ; 15mins of instant heater consumption(electricity) is equavilent to 45mins of storage heater.

Really ah? I always thought storage heater uses much more heat because it heats up the whole cylinder. So if you don't finish using the whole cylinder when you bathe, some of the energy is wasted.

Should be the other way around rite? one bath using instant heater (15 mins) uses much less energy than 1 bath using storage heater.

hi all, how competitive is HoBee's pricing comparing to ID ie. how many % lower??? it seems like many members have very good comments on HoBee and I do have an idea what I want for my new place.

Qtns:

1 Really difficult to book them? (I'm receiving keys on 14/7, want to start on 17/7 and complete one month later, no wet works, just dismantle existing feature wall x2, built in study + painting, false ceiling, feature wall, bed head, built glass to enclose the kitchen ..other carpentry works in 2 rms)

2 since they do not provide 3D, how do they confirm final dimension of carpentry work ie. TV Console? Must I be there all the time to make "on the spot" decisions?

thx all..

Edited by jt88