Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
limis

Walk-in-wardrobe = Fang Zong Fang (room Within A Room) = Husband Will Have Mistress?!

Dear All

thank you so much for your input.

For my hse, I will nt purposely knock down one room to make a walk-in. To elaborate wat I meant, cos I hv a deep u-shape area, abt 1.5m where the ID said maybe can do a U-shape wardrobe, making it look like a walk-in & then add on a door to cover the wardrobe area.

I wun put my wardrobe near the bathrm either cos of moist frm the bathrm.

I hate the smell of undried clothes also! Feel like puking. Ha ha ha....

Hey Bighead

Your proposal is exactly like my current situation. My MBR is rather samll. However just 2 steps across the MBR toilet i have a 'U' shape indent of 1.5m. I don think it would fit a suitable size wardrobe to fit in me and my husband's clothes. So we did a WIW. Although its not say very big after having all the poles and shelves fitted. But suprisingly, can put in quite a lot of clothes.

I do realise that there are disadvantages in having a WIW such as moisturise, a certain smell (but not the 'women's clothes never wash clean coupled with lingering perfum sweat smell') which any enclosed room would have etc. Go smell ur storeroom and u will notice that there is always a hint of 'enlcosed air' scent. But i feel that the way anybody should do up their house to fit their comfort level and lifestyle.

So as long as you wash your clothes properly, keep the WIW clean (in any case, you also need to maintain overall cleanliness of your home), then i guess all is well..

Just some sharing....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hmm, interesting! I have the same remark from my mum too when i told her i'm considering to hack an opening to my next room to make it a wardrobe room. But firstly she says fang zong fang cannot, then later say '1 room' cannot have 2 doors (i.e.: MBR's door and adjacent room's door... assuming i nvr seal it). Then toilet qn also came across my mine. So any expert's advise on this?

Eventually i dropped the idea of hacking since i'll have a ugly beam across the 'opening', as well as the possible difficulty in selling. :P

my mum said tat too. 1 room cannot have 2 doors when i told her i will be doing a WIW and putting as partition with a door.

Then i ask her, but, isn't it same as toilet door? oso 2 doors in a room. haha..she say tats different.

my mum said tat too. 1 room cannot have 2 doors when i told her i will be doing a WIW and putting as partition with a door.

Then i ask her, but, isn't it same as toilet door? oso 2 doors in a room. haha..she say tats different.

Just for sharing: There have a lot of fengshui theory which is not true.

True fengshui theory is: Once the condition is hit, it will happen. We cannot just say, sometime happen, sometime not. If that so, this is not call ‘theory’ or ‘principle’.

Let give an example: Ohm Law: V=IR. We cannot say that sometime its work V=IR, but sometime not.

I hope you all can get what I mean.

wah... chim.. Bt it's gd to hear these being highlighted, so tat those who wanna do can make take into consideration.

Anyways, I shall ask mY FS if he knows abt this....

xiezi - I know wat smell u are talking abt.. my BS smells, tats y till nw - we dun entirely lock it, will leave a gap for it to ventilate. Haiz, sad to say, my new hse faces the living rm again, then I hv to purposely add feature wall to cover it. If it's facing the kitchen then I will hv some savings le.

Just to say fengshui is not that rigid. Not what we read from books, which facing is good, which facing is bad. Fengshui is a very flexible subject. Its all talk about nature surounding and enviroment. If that energy is not good, do you think just put something over there, the negative energy can be cure?

Just to say fengshui is not that rigid. Not what we read from books, which facing is good, which facing is bad. Fengshui is a very flexible subject. Its all talk about nature surounding and enviroment. If that energy is not good, do you think just put something over there, the negative energy can be cure?

hmm, interesting. I was told by my mum similar idea, e.g. me every house can be stayed, just a matter of how u adjust the settings inside to 'even' out the -ve energy. Something like NS face houses is generally preferred FS for most, but yet some pple dun belong to the NS facing group, so this kinda houses dun suit them even thou most pple prefer NS-facing houses.

Which means the toilet in MBR logic is okay since the 'extra' door in a room logic is not entirely true?

hmm, interesting. I was told by my mum similar idea, e.g. me every house can be stayed, just a matter of how u adjust the settings inside to 'even' out the -ve energy. Something like NS face houses is generally preferred FS for most, but yet some pple dun belong to the NS facing group, so this kinda houses dun suit them even thou most pple prefer NS-facing houses.

Which means the toilet in MBR logic is okay since the 'extra' door in a room logic is not entirely true?

I believe you are talking about 8 mansion theory. The forums have been buzzling with comments and experience that it doesn't work.

I believe you are talking about 8 mansion theory. The forums have been buzzling with comments and experience that it doesn't work.

haha! To be frank, i'm absolutely clueless abt FS. Only hear a bit here n there from my FS-crazy mum. But i do find this topic very interesting and i've been also wondering if toilet door = 2nd door in room. :)

At the end of the day, I also heard something like... 一命二运三风水... so probably 命 & 运 sometimes does supercede FS ba?

• Like 1

Green Satchel Preface (青襄序) say:

盖因一行扰外国,遂把五行颠倒编。

以讹传讹竟不明,所以祸福为胡乱。

Yes, I agree w/ Mrspiglet's saying. My fren hse is NS facing, supp to b the best for FS, bt then hb & she dun suit... hence to find a better one.

Edited by Bighead

Hi,

What I have heard about this 'room within a room' is..

there must be a formal door to the room within the room/walk-in-wardrobe.

and there is a bed inside the room within the room...i.e. somewhere some place where the person can sleep.

if it is simply a partitioned area without any door.. it doesn't signify a room. i.e. there won't be a 二房.

and if there isn't a bed inside.. the person won't be staying/resting long inside that 'room within a room'. i.e. the husband/wife won't think of sleeping away from each other.

And lastly.. back to the question, husband will have mistress or not.. are influenced by many many factors.. strength of marriage.. communication.. love.. personality.. family.. etc..etc..etc..etc..

IMO not just based on this 'room within a room' issue.

Once again.. correct or not, I'm really not sure. Just sharing only. :)

Cheers!

hihi fleshy,

where u heard about the room within room thingy that doesnt work without a door?

im so happy and glad i saw your post!

was feeling rather vexed that i had this partitioned square area for my walk in wardrobe within the MBR.

wonder if puting up string curtains is fine?

luckily mine doesnt come with a sliding door or wat..

it's true on wat u mentioned in your personal point of view..but if we found out such theories, cant help feeling anxious about it.. :S

hihi fleshy,

where u heard about the room within room thingy that doesnt work without a door?

im so happy and glad i saw your post!

was feeling rather vexed that i had this partitioned square area for my walk in wardrobe within the MBR.

wonder if puting up string curtains is fine?

luckily mine doesnt come with a sliding door or wat..

it's true on wat u mentioned in your personal point of view..but if we found out such theories, cant help feeling anxious about it.. :S

hi crystal

i also got this question on the walkin ward in mbr which i wanted to my hm and did ask abt it tht time, cant remember the discussion already hehe so i email my fsm ask ask again :P since ur one got no door, then dun nid to worry room within room

two of my friends have WIW, both hubby got mistresses. one don't have WIW but hubby also got mistress. but really la, nowadays affairs so common. without WIW also won't guarantee faithfulness right?

FS is somethings like god and ghosts lah

you can believe in them or choose not to

for me, I will choose to believe then sorry!

WIW is very diffcult to maintain

you must have a maid or plenty of them to keep

all of the underdress in place!!

Dun ever believe in the heniken ad lor!!

You will not be able to show your good friends

your beautiful WIW..

In the end, your hb or wife will start to complaint!!

Y you never keep your things properly!!

That's y I choose to buy 2 wardrobe!! One for me and the

other for my wife!!