Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
skyblue

A Simple Place @ Bedok =)

i just went to S&C last weekend too, ordered some things from them and my stuffs will also only arrive end sept... so long leh..

Yeah, read about your trip there in your blog (though I did not add in any remarks/reply), which in turn kind of "motivated" me to really drop by there soon.

You are right, the only thing is about the waiting time before the delivery, rather long. But for me, the coffee table is not in a hurry, so I don't mind the wait.

The good thing was that she mentioned it before I placed any order, that the delivery is not so early. Since I know about their "pattern" before going there, I also told her that I am not in the hurry, haha...

Too bad for me, I've only read about them after buying my bed frame & dinning table (in May), if only I knew earlier, I would have gotten most of the things there. Haha...

Oh well, I got to 看开点吧. :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hmmmm water cooling fan....

Which means must add water ? ??

water cooling fan? meaning add water? will drip water anot???

forkie & poseidon_gal, yes, indeed - water needs to be added into the unit from the back.

(Water will not drip also, my floor has been clean and dry since the fan has been placed there for 2 days)

See photo below.

07Aug_60.jpg

Also, 2 blue "ice-box" was provided as a package, where you need to put them into the freezer compartment of the fridge to freeze it, before putting them into the water area to make it cooler. See photo below.

07Aug_59.jpg

I was told that it would be about 30% cooler compared to the normal fan. So far only tried it once on the day of purchase (yesterday didn't try as I was home late) and the feel was about 10-15% cooler than normal fan, will try it again the next few days/nights to better assess the cooling fan.

For your information. :)

Edited by skyblue

i got one at home but i don think its cooling lor,and the fan is also not so powerful

so i hardly use. :(

Actually, mine is rather powerful wor, and I will be using it often (if not using aircon would be too expensive) in my study room.

Bedroom will then be using aircon.

You don't use it often, then you using aircon? Wah... :o :o :o

Edited by skyblue

oh, good to have the dates here that they are going away, luckily not anywhere near the time I will want to place my 2nd order...

Actually the wife was rather nice to suggest me to go back again instead of deciding there & then when I have nothing in mind, also by then there would be newer stock for me to choose. I would rate their services - excellent, personal opinion. :)

(Melvin was with another customer when I arrived 2 days ago)

Did you get something from there too?

Actually, mine is rather powerful wor, and I will be using it often (if not using aircon would be too expensive) in my study room.

Bedroom will then be using aircon.

You don't use it often, then you using aircon? Wah... :o :o :o

bro, stronger blowing power than the usual standing fan ah?

how much huh?

bro, stronger blowing power than the usual standing fan ah?

how much huh?

Hi bro, hmm... let me try to explain though I am not a very technical person. Haha...

I would say it is stronger, in the sense that I am only using speed 1 and 2 (there are 3 speeds in all) so far.

And also, the surface area of the wind coming out from the vent is "smaller" compared to the normal standing fan (round and big surface area).

In any case, it is also placed near to my study table, it could also be my "wrong perception".

Whichever it is, I would need to get a fan of sort at the end of the day, so I chose this over the normal standing fan.

The cost is $109. Reasonably priced right? :unsure:

Edited by skyblue

Hi bro, hmm... let me try to explain though I am not a very technical person. Haha...

I would say it is stronger, in the sense that I am only using speed 1 and 2 (there are 3 speeds in all) so far.

And also, the surface area of the wind coming out from the vent is "smaller" compared to the normal standing fan (round and big surface area).

In any case, it is also placed near to my study table, it could also be my "wrong perception".

Whichever it is, I would need to get a fan of sort at the end of the day, so I chose this over the normal standing fan.

The cost is $109. Reasonably priced right? :unsure:

bro...sorry for late reply...stupid forum got lousy notification feature....

anyway, i am looking for fans now....and as long as u like it, it will always be reasonably priced...hehe

i have not use a tower fan before, and pple keep telling me its useless, cos the wind "power" is weak...but as long as u can feel the power...it shld be good...

and hor, my hse handover today! how's ur open hse? no photo to show?

bro...sorry for late reply...stupid forum got lousy notification feature....

anyway, i am looking for fans now....and as long as u like it, it will always be reasonably priced...hehe

i have not use a tower fan before, and pple keep telling me its useless, cos the wind "power" is weak...but as long as u can feel the power...it shld be good...

and hor, my hse handover today! how's ur open hse? no photo to show?

Yoz, no problem at all, don't worry about the notification thing.

Congratulations on your house handover, finally!! :)

Actually, now there is nothing much to be added (but there are 2 more furnitures coming in the next 2 months) since I have not bought anything yet.

Will definitely put up photos when I have new items (soon)... :D

hey sky blue!! sorry couldn't go to your house warming...have an event on.....hope to meet you soon at whoever's gonna organize another party....

hey sky blue!! sorry couldn't go to your house warming...have an event on.....hope to meet you soon at whoever's gonna organize another party....

Hey, don't worry about it. :)

Yes, when there is a next one, we will meet again. So looking forward to another one, haha... :D

Hi sky blue!Are u getting decals for your house too?Long time no news from u le :P

Hello rondy, do pardon this late reply.

Actually, I am thinking of getting decal(s) for my kitchen glass door, just haven't materialise it yet.

Could you kindly put down your favourite g-market website here (I know you have it somewhere but don't know where), so that I can go "shopping" soon. :P

Thanks. :D

Update 14

Touching Up Work

It's been a while since I did an update.

After 3 months upon completion of the renovation, I finally have the time to oversee the touch up work for my place.

I've arranged for Thursday and was expecting 1 or 2 people to come touching up the 5 areas, but was surprised to see 5 different skilled workers came to touch up the 5 areas. What to do, I'm new in this renovation mah... :)

The first 2 guys that came, I would have no before-after photos to show, as I did not take the before stage...

Guy 1

Just simple painting touching up in my mother's room and MBR, the area is not big also.

A simple job done in less than 15-20 minutes.

Guy 2

There was a small area in the common toilet that was wet all the time, this was caused by the spray hose beside the toilet bowl that dripped water (not a lot though). The spray hose is fixed and job done in less than 30 minutes.

He also suggested that if the spray is not used most of the time, it is best to turn off the tap to prolong the life span of the hose.

Guy 3

Grouting needed in the kitchen floor tiles as seen in the photos below, so I'll let the photos do the "talking":

Before

13Sep_Before1.jpg

After

13Sep_After1.jpg

Guy 4

I needed to cover up the power point as I worry that water might spill over it accidentally to create "havoc", hence the electrician came and put the cover as shown below:

Before

13Sep_Before2.jpg

After

13Sep_After2a.jpg

13Sep_After2b.jpg

Guy 5

I found a rusty latch in my MBR vanity cabinet and another 1 in kitchen cabinet, about 2/3 months back.

After arranging for the touching up date, I was "shocked" to see that 5 out of 6 of the latches in my MBR vanity cabinet were rusty. :unsure: ??

This person who came was from the carpentry side, so I shall call him carpenter.

He came to fix all the rusty latches and told me that when not in use (after shower/ before sleep), it is good to open all cabinets to "air it", so that it should prevent the rust from forming too fast.

Rust would form ultimately, more so in areas with basin (kitchen included), but at least "airing" it would slow down the process, as I was told.

This carpenter came back again on Saturday as he was not told to bring silicon for some silicon job to be done (see next post).

Before

13Sep_Before3.jpg

After

13Sep_After3.jpg

Guy 5 - continue...

Again in my MBR vanity cabinet and kitchen cabinet area, need to get some silicon job done, to fill up all the ugly "holes":

Before

13Sep_Before4.jpg

After

13Sep_After4.jpg

Before

13Sep_Before5.jpg

After

13Sep_After5.jpg

blum?

wah,how come blum also will rust 1? branded leh....

everynite open all ur cabinets sibei bo eng leh

Guy 5

I found a rusty latch in my MBR vanity cabinet and another 1 in kitchen cabinet, about 2/3 months back.

After arranging for the touching up date, I was "shocked" to see that 5 out of 6 of the latches in my MBR vanity cabinet were rusty. :unsure: ??

This person who came was from the carpentry side, so I shall call him carpenter.

He came to fix all the rusty latches and told me that when not in use (after shower/ before sleep), it is good to open all cabinets to "air it", so that it should prevent the rust from forming too fast.

Rust would form ultimately, more so in areas with basin (kitchen included), but at least "airing" it would slow down the process, as I was told.

This carpenter came back again on Saturday as he was not told to bring silicon for some silicon job to be done (see next post).

Before

13Sep_Before3.jpg

After

13Sep_After3.jpg