Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
skyblue

A Simple Place @ Bedok =)

it seems its common that the silicon will have gap hor,the other time my TV console also sama,and i had my contractor to do it again.

Possibly so, I guess. So long as it has been rectified, then it should be fine. :)

By the way, could you kindly answer my post (#550) above on the website address. Thanks. :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
blum?

wah,how come blum also will rust 1? branded leh....

everynite open all ur cabinets sibei bo eng leh

Hi nexus, I don't think mine is "Blum".

Simply because I did not request for it, and I don't think any ID would throw in "Blum" without request.

For your info, please. :)

As to whether or not "Blum" would be that bad, I guess those who used it for while could answer it.

Actually, once it becomes a habit, it is not that bad opening cabinets after use?

Afterall, it takes only a few seconds mah... :D

Hi preciousjam, yeah, no choice.

I got the blinds for both rooms at $400. FYI.

Hi ivy, at least for the altar part, I was informed, but not the chairs.

As for shower curtains, I will leave as that since I will not be using that common toilet. The design will be up to her lor.

Since the curtain to be hung on the rod in her room, I'll just have to "shut" my eyes lor...

That is why I only do up a simple place in this flat (if you look through again, it is just plain simple).

Personally, I like those classy feel, elegant type, very nicely done up with wall features and everything in the house.

But since I know my mother would be staying with me, I just do up a simple one - which I did not expect to get a "spoil" look this fast & early lor!

Oh well, that's life yeah... :|

Hihi, can give me the contacts for your blinds? :) email me at huiyun84@hotmail.com...do you have any contacts for window films? :)

thanks thanks

not bad leh bro, after touch ups the problem areas look as good as new.

Hi ivy, thanks, thanks.

Have been busy, so until now then have the time to get the touch up done.

Looks neat and new indeed. Haha... :D

Hihi, can give me the contacts for your blinds? :) email me at huiyun84@hotmail.com...do you have any contacts for window films? :)

thanks thanks

Hi fairy1234, had sent you a PM instead, as it is directly forwarded from my PM inbox.

Do check it out.

Cheers!! :)

Update 15

It has been quite a long while since I last updated.

The last item to be updated would be the coffee table (long overdue) bought from S&C.

It arrived on 3 Oct (Sat).

My new coffee table

04Dec_61.jpg

The bottom tray comes with 4 wheels, so it can be moved

04Dec_62.jpg

Some update on S&C service at the same time.

The coffee table was actually scheduled to arrive on 29 Sep (Tue), but I won't be in.

So, the Sunday before Tuesday, I made a second trip down to S&C to rearrange the delivery date and source for any good storage cabinet.

As it was almost 2 months since my first trip, I don't expect them to remember me.

When I arrived, the husband was with a customer, so the wife served me again.

She didn't seem to remember me so I told her I was looking for a storage cabinet, and she asked me to take a seat.

Just when I was about to sit, she remembered that I ordered a coffee table from them and asked if it was delivered. Before I could said anything, her husband replied that it would be delivered on 29 Sep (I suppose he overheard her question and responded).

I was surprised by their memory, as I only ordered a coffee table and they actually can recall such details.

I was very impressed indeed, my conclusion is – I will patronize them again. :good: :good:

Update 16

After-renovation service update from my ID

Part I

A little background story first – my kitchen window was not replaced (using existing one), I only did a new window grilles as there wasn't any previously.

If you guys remembered the Bukit Timah flood 2 weeks ago, my kitchen floor also had a little "flood".

Apparently, one of the window's screw on top was leaking in rain water, and it eventually flow to a small portion of the kitchen floor. I forgotten to take photos as I was too busy cleaning up, haha...

So I quickly text my ID to get one of his guys to come take a look, and within half an hour, someone called to identify as my ID's guy and asked about the condition and arranged a date to come and take a look before deciding what to do.

He came the following Tue and examine the condition and told me the window is an older version which is not commonly seen nowadays. He suggested to fix some silicon to the screw area and see how it goes first, if it doesn't work I would need to replace the windows altogether. He proceeded to take measurement first, just in case I need to replace them.

Finally, the following Tue (which was this week), the workers came and get it done in less than 10 minutes. Now, I have got to wait for heavy downpour before I know if the "flood" still persists. Verdict (strictly personal opinion): Service is good!! :good: :good: :good:

Part II

一波未平, 一波又起...

Last weekend, I found out that 2 out of 5 antenna sockets was not working, as the TV showed snowy picture and there was no sound. Therefore, I had to text my ID again regarding this matter, and he gets his guys to come and take a look today (between 1530 to 1730).

I came back at about 1410 today to see a guy outside my door, he was early but I wasn't complaining. He took out a socket and screwed something and commented that the cable was loose. Then, we tested both sockets, and they now work. :good: :good: :good:

catseyes2004sg, if you are reading this, you are in good hands wor. :D

Hi Hi Skyblue,

Been a long time, glad u still active here.

Yes, yes, yes, I reading what u just posted, hehhehe.... :P

What u posted really assured me cos I am clueless abt all such stuff n I will end up panicking, heheheh :D

Yes, so far I am happy with ID, he is busy yet he is helping me to manage my reno as I am hardly in SIN.

I am also getting his contact for AC as the price and material used is same as GC. N he will make sure trunking will be done nicely, hehheh...so I also 1 less headache, like u also, hheheh :P

He told me downroad AC any problem just call him and he will get it settle for me! ;)

I like yr coffee table, the bottom can turn also??

Nice and modern. May I know how much u pay?

I must really go down to SnC these few days since I am on leave now. :D

Hey catseyes2004sg,

Yeah, still reading but less active in posting, quite busy lor, haha...

Agree also on the aircon matter, just one person to call, for "multiple problems"... :P

For the coffee table, the bottom part is not attached to the top part, it can be moved totally out, as in they are 2 separate items altogether.

The cost is $280, not sure if it is cheap, but I kind of like it, so it was bought, haha...

Yes, should at least visit S&C even if you don't buy anything from them, to me, their service is really good.

Enjoy your shopping!! :)

Edited by skyblue

Hi skyblue,

I went to SnC n fm May, I bot the same table like yrs, but bcos my place is so small,

I bot the side table version, which is much smaller than yrs and I choose the base black colour :P

But have to wait till 31 Jan for delivery :unsure:

Edited by catseyes2004sg

how much did u buy?are u and skyblue going to tulip place at Yishun on 27th dec? :unsure:

you asking everywhere about tulip's gathering? you confirmed going hor? so long never see you.....

Hi skyblue,

I went to SnC n fm May, I bot the same table like yrs, but bcos my place is so small,

I bot the side table version, which is much smaller than yrs and I choose the base black colour :P

But have to wait till 31 Jan for delivery :unsure:

Hi catseyes2004sg,

I think they have delivery once a month - for those imported furnitures, "our coffee tables" I believe has to be imported, so need to wait for their next month delivery lor...

Mine also got to wait almost 2 months wor... :P

how much did u buy?are u and skyblue going to tulip place at Yishun on 27th dec? :unsure:

Ho rondy,

I can't confirm yet, will try to confirm early next week. :)

So, would you be going?

How about catseyes2004sg, going too?

you asking everywhere about tulip's gathering? you confirmed going hor? so long never see you.....

Hi PJ, long time no see. :D

Would you be going?

I can only confirm next week...