Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
forkie

==e Fork & Spoon ==d Lovely Drawer

Guy from Pergo have finished all 3 bedrooms !

Fwoah ~~~ think only take 1 - 2 days and tala ~ all done up.

Skirtings is pretty nicely done up.

MBR

3679966277_13c8ccebb8.jpg

MBR flooring

Bedroom2

3680780180_7dc838979c.jpg

Bedroom 2 flooring

Overall we are pleased on the laminated flooring.

My lady was a little disappointed on the little rounds rings on the wood all over the floor.

No choice since they did not have those only linear lines wood grain and this is the closest they have.

Wow, fast. Nice laminate.

Tomorrow I am going down to meet my ID so can check the progress. But don't think it is even half as fast as yours.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hmmmm new ideas !

ID suggested add few deco tiles on Common Toilet to make it a little more interesting.

She paste a few tiles to show me her proposal

Common Toilet WC wall

3679964103_a1d26fa58d.jpg

The WC wall with a few deco tiles

Deco Tile 1

3679967399_86d228e781.jpg

Closed up view of Deco tile

Dcco Tile 2

3680782330_1fcbfe1705.jpg

Another View.

I am quite alright with her suggestion.

My Lady is pretty interested actually. There should a few more ways to add in these deco tiles.

Later in the afternoon ID will show us her other designs.

Looks good with those "diamonds"....

Hi Forkie

love the mosiac ur wife (or is it u) have chosen. Like the DIY clock as well, u mentioned u bot at Taka, does Artfriend @ Taka carry other designs?

Our tiles also chosen by my wife, including how the colour tiles should be arranged. Three cheers for the lady of the house!!!

Wow you got so many tilers working for you, no wonder so fast.

Everytime I dropped by my place, I only saw one tiler working, although he always said there are three more coming (but never see the three guys before).

I only dropped by the house when my ID asked me to, so not very sure of the progress. When we were there on Monday, the tiler was just laying the tiles for the kitchen flooring. Both bathroom walls are half done (less the mosaic and one or two walls at the common bathroom).

Will be dropping by again this Friday or Saturday to confirm the electrical point. Will take some pictures and report the progress then.

I drop by most of times when i can make time.

Cant really rely too much in ID. I prefer see and know the actual problems. From there i will discuss with ID and respective contractors on that area.

the little deco tiles, how are they going to stick them on? will it last? pardon my ignorance...it does look nice, I am just worried about the maintaining it.

ID says using a kind of chemical which is very very strong. So wont drop off in long run or wad.

Looks good with those "diamonds"....

Ermmm... good ah ? hmm i find them ok ok lo, but my Lady does like them alot so I guess we are going ahead with the suggestion.

Hi Forkie

love the mosiac ur wife (or is it u) have chosen. Like the DIY clock as well, u mentioned u bot at Taka, does Artfriend @ Taka carry other designs?

The Black mosiac is what i insisted on :X

i kinda like that design lol. Finally i have some1 who like it too ! :D

Not really. So far only 1 black clock with 1m in diameter. They dont have anything smaller of different color.

Edited by forkie

Electric/Aircon day

Well The electric man and air con guy are running their wires and pipings !

Air con man is pretty fast ! But i dont like it !!! :(

Coz by the time i reached.... almost all done. I didnt really have time to check their materials used.

After reading n sourcing info from here, I requested

Amaflex 1/2"

Copper gauge 22

16mm PVC pipe

Really diff to confirm they did used the materials i ordered. So i was not pleased and my ID was kinda panic as my face was totally black and rummaging the pipe lines to see if i can make out the materials.

So far the copper pipe did look thicker then the rest I seen b4, but i cant be sure it is gauge 22 as the info only comes with the plastic bag with the coil.

Cant find the freaking plastic everywhere.....

PVC pipe is ok but the insulation is called Nyflex Cl1 1/2 ???? Eh ??? Y not Amafelx ? Are they the same ???? Haiya anyway since the thickness is the same and using Cl1 i guess i let that pass.

Told ID since she is so confident of the aircon man she recommend, next time if got problem I guarantee her she will be the 1st person i look for.

MBR Aircon piping

3683048963_7ace1e1fcd.jpg

Less then a day MBR and all other rooms are done.

i think your ID proposal for the toilet tiles not too bad. actually no harm to leave it as it is too cos sometimes simple look last longer.

Living room Wiring

3683049287_de9ea9fc70.jpg

Think wiring will take a few days more since i doing full rewiring.

Bedroom 2

3683048745_3e50245888.jpg

Most of the casings i will be doing inside the rooms.

The from there it will drill out and have only the base plate appear on the living dining room area.

A so call... "Concealed" wiring.... No choice ! That is the best we can come out with to follow HDB regulations :P

Some adjustments here n there and I have a problem with Bedroom 2.

Think of getting 1 side of the niche to be box up if not next time really diff to place a bed in.

So might have to ask Pergo guy to take out the area of the skirting and the electric guy to shift the casing abit so i can box up the area.

Water piping oso have a problem.

Was thinking using Back to back so my MBR will not have pipings for the shower mixer.

The thing is Common Toilet and MBR Toilet is not in same alignment due to diff designs of tiling.

So if Common Toilet shower mixer is in centre, when the plumber drilled the pipe through the Master Toilet, it will be more to the left and not centre.

Tried a brainstorm an idea but really have no other alternatives.

The best solution so far is to use another bracket when the pipe comes out and then run the pipes to the centre of the Master Toilet Shower area.

Will be kinda unsightly but at least better then running pipes all over the place haiz....

i think your ID proposal for the toilet tiles not too bad. actually no harm to leave it as it is too cos sometimes simple look last longer.

I find it quite ok actually.

But My lady dont really like it. She find it too plain.

Initially she wanted the 2 tones grey tiles to cross tiles all over the bathroom.

But my ID did the wall tiles 1 tone. Floor tiles 1 tone.

So my Lady was not very pleased about it.

Then ID sweat and quickly suggest other solutions like adding these diamonds to make it look more interesting.

So far i think my Lady buy off her idea on it.

Hmmmm as for me.... i can live with it i guess. Still quite ok to me.

Edited by forkie

how about round mosaics that makes it looks like buttons?

If using the tiles ID bought maybe canot do that.

Coz that 1 is glass tiles and when cutting away the edges and buffing it, the perimeter might not be clear anymore.

Hmmm diamonds or buttons... That 1 i try not to bothered by it too much.

As long the Lady in the house is satisfied then all ends well.

I am having headaches on alignments and boxing of unsightly pipiings/casing solutions.

Hi Forkie

my turn to visit your t-blog.

Your place is huge and envy your big balcony. Ya agree that HDB is 'smart' to build a store room to 'eat up' space in the bedroom ?!

I cant see your reno pics in the office but i do remember your diamond tiles ur ID suggested. Very posh looking woh! Cant wait to see more pics too, i love looking at nice reno pics :D .

BTW, i like your avatar.

Edited by pbtgal

The Black mosiac is what i insisted on :X

i kinda like that design lol. Finally i have some1 who like it too ! :D

Not really. So far only 1 black clock with 1m in diameter. They dont have anything smaller of different color.

The mosiac really make the wall more outstanding and where did u choose ur tiles, i never see these at Hafary leh. My hb dun like mosiac but i insist having 1 or 2 strips in the living to welcome guests :P

Hi Forkie

my turn to visit your t-blog.

Your place is huge and envy your big balcony. Ya agree that HDB is 'smart' to build a store room to 'eat up' space in the bedroom ?!

I cant see your reno pics in the office but i do remember your diamond tiles ur ID suggested. Very posh looking woh! Cant wait to see more pics too, i love looking at nice reno pics :D .

BTW, i like your avatar.

Sad the balcony is costing me a bomb !

not much picture for the time being i guess. Wiring and piping works is in progress which i need to wait until they finish before carpentry arrive :)

Oh my avatar kewl ah ? thanks !

The mosiac really make the wall more outstanding and where did u choose ur tiles, i never see these at Hafary leh. My hb dun like mosiac but i insist having 1 or 2 strips in the living to welcome guests :P

Eh... It was there leh ! With the rest of mosaic tiles actually. I took the samples and walk around looking for matching tiles to match that day.

Sad the balcony is costing me a bomb !

not much picture for the time being i guess. Wiring and piping works is in progress which i need to wait until they finish before carpentry arrive :)

Oh my avatar kewl ah ? thanks !

Eh... It was there leh ! With the rest of mosaic tiles actually. I took the samples and walk around looking for matching tiles to match that day.

How much ur total reno going to be, i guess muz be in the >$40k region.

I muz be cork-eye but i chose the latest mosiac (metallic grey) (or got smoked by the SA acutally not latest design :dunno: ) that juz arrived as suggested by my ID.

How much ur total reno going to be, i guess muz be in the >$40k region.

I muz be cork-eye but i chose the latest mosiac (metallic grey) (or got smoked by the SA acutally not latest design :dunno: ) that juz arrived as suggested by my ID.

Haiz... Yah... expecting > 50k even @_@

The metalic grey mosiac i dont recall seeing 1....

Actually i wasnt paying attention to Mosiac tiles until i saw the diff length black mosiac tiles. :)