Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kovankitty

Loan Shark Flats

Yes yes, you need permission to install CCTVs outside your flat, becos that small strip of space, we call common corridor dun belong to us. it belongs to Town COuncil. anything inside your house got problem you call HDB. dats how theyr differentiate. Actually if its a private property, like terrace or bungalow, then its different cases leh. u r toking about Joo Chiat Road sega iszit?

Not that, another one in HDB block :D Can't remember location le...

Edited by merryman

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I didnt install CCTV..

Instead i planted a webcam on my top window panel facing my corridor n front door.

like tat i be able to see the outside clearly..

n webcam is within my unit .... like tat oso consider illegal??

Wat is the Mata doing? Imagine we ourselves has to think of ways to solve such issues... with the LS thinking aiya the mata bochup wan lah.. :bangwall: :bangwall:

Its really boh chup attitude..

They are quick to come when u lodge a complaint.. but when u seriously need help (as long as not life threatening)

Can vomit blood de

So sad..

I bought a resale HDB recently and after I went for my 1st appointmt and paid for the COV.. LOAN SHARK came!! I called the owner whether he owe any $$, he say yes and giving me the bo chap type + give alot of @#$@#$ excuses. i really piss off...

What can I do ya?

who can I ask if i want the owner new address?

:angry2: :angry2:

Really IN DEEP HELP!!

So sad..

I bought a resale HDB recently and after I went for my 1st appointmt and paid for the COV.. LOAN SHARK came!! I called the owner whether he owe any $$, he say yes and giving me the bo chap type + give alot of @#$@#$ excuses. i really piss off...

What can I do ya?

who can I ask if i want the owner new address?

:angry2: :angry2:

Really IN DEEP HELP!!

really pity you, the owner must be very happy that you are becoming his scapegoat

how much you have paid for COV? if not lot (unlikely also)forget the COV and explain to HDB about it cancel the sales.

did u bought from agent? get help from them?

Honestly I dun feel like giving up the place.

Does the police able to provide the seller new address?

got once i went to the seller hse and saw the paint left by the loanshark. I even took picture.

Does this able to prove/show anything? got the seller name and address but abit blur..

:cry : T_T

Giving up the flat is not the option, and also not good for the buyer, coz if he start to look for new flat, its one whole round of hassle and the prices are higher.. also to get back the COV and all transaction fees from unwilling owner is like trying to reach to stars.

But anyway, since selling and buying house is not a small matter, all the Identifications, IC etc are all registered at HDB. It is good thing you found out about the seller's debt and involvements with loan sharks. You can report directly to police about sellers particulars. Police should then be able to track/pressure the seller. No matter what, everybody's addresses and particulars are in Government's hand, so the owners have no place to run (for most singaporeans).

Honestly I dun feel like giving up the place.

Does the police able to provide the seller new address?

got once i went to the seller hse and saw the paint left by the loanshark. I even took picture.

Does this able to prove/show anything? got the seller name and address but abit blur..

:cry : T_T

hi, i don't think so. if the seller deliberately don't want to update their new adds, then the police also cannot do anything. But then again, if they choose to buy a flat from HDB, their new adds sure inside their system, maybe the CID in charge of your case can help. that is provided they are willing to do the homework leh. but then i wouldn't advise you to buy the loanshark flat

Hi...

Should I report it now ? I will be moving in end of the year. I was thinking if i saw the paint again, I will then report to police. I just need the seller new address and loanshark will not be disturbing us anymore...

I mean... I hope ta happen.... >.<

Does the police willing to give us the seller new address even we got proof saying that it was disturbed by Loanshark?

Sad Sad

Hi...

Should I report it now ? I will be moving in end of the year. I was thinking if i saw the paint again, I will then report to police. I just need the seller new address and loanshark will not be disturbing us anymore...

I mean... I hope ta happen.... >.<

Does the police willing to give us the seller new address even we got proof saying that it was disturbed by Loanshark?

Sad Sad

If you need the seller new address...hmm...*this could be nasty*.. Let the loanshark runner knows there will be a second appointment with HDB and seller will be present, he can find him when he step out from HDB...unless he is using a power of attorney or driving.....

Let them settle themselves and ask the runner don't disturb u anymore.

Well... i believe that when one choose the flat, the seller (i.e. the current owner) got to be part of the decision making process as well. If the owner didn't disclose certain status, perhaps there is someway to pursue it further?

Anyway, I would think that pasting a big note outside your new flat saying that "Flat sold to new owner, please contact previous owner with phone xxxx if necessary (in chinese or hokkien, please).

What do you think?

That is a good idea!! need to put different languages.. but hor, i dunno how to write in chinese...

Today the LS was here n leave his signature again.. I took the picture down again!! now really got proof liao.

But I will be moving in end of the year, dan sld I report to police now ? It look like i'm helping the seller, asking the police to protect them...

T_T

one of the ways to resolve this loan shark issue, I would suggest the buyer purchase the house, leave it empty for 2-3 yrs. You can keep your boxes and stuff inside. You can always stay with parents during those period.

During these 2-3 yrs, let the loan shark make their runs on it and after 3 yrs, you can either move in, or better yet, sell the house away for a tidy profit.

I'm sure the loan sharks will have given up after so long

we was also victim of such harassment activities a few weeks back.....

bought the house around 18 months ago and started to reno last nov....

den out of nowhere, we got a "new" coat of paint on the gate wan main door with scribbling on the wall "O$P$ 21-XXX" ..... but the thing is we are on the 4th floor.... difference of 16th floor and we also kena!!!

we found that the said unit already had CCTV installed.... and unit on 22nd floor also got same treatment as us....

reported to police... came and take statement but no news till now....

now that the reno is complete, just hope that it does not happen again.... just our luck....