Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pbtgal

Our Hard-earned Humble Lodge For 3 Generations

ya i told the sales, than he say peak period so more expensive and need to wait 1 mth for saturaday installation. my colleague got his aircon installed by courts in 2 weeks, also on a saturaday.

wow ok... they must know that renovation can't wait de, so maybe they purposely do that?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
how's your aircon installation today? everything swee swee from gain city?

Hi Cannotisit

thanks for asking. Oh i 4got to mention, we have paid for 2-time installation, so 2day they only laid the trunking and piping. Hmm, overall i am quite satisfied but muz let my hb see 1st. But i think the trunking is neat enuff. Will upload pics asap.

Hi Cannotisit

thanks for asking. Oh i 4got to mention, we have paid for 2-time installation, so 2day they only laid the trunking and piping. Hmm, overall i am quite satisfied but muz let my hb see 1st. But i think the trunking is neat enuff. Will upload pics asap.

That is good. Normally they will propose shortest and feasible way to minimize trunking. :)

A bit of updates on the installation of aircon trunking done yesterday. Thanks to cannotisit & forkie for their valuable sharing, i did a check on the materials b4 the Gaincity guys started their work. I asked 1 of them wat mat did they bring & i tallied wif my invoice to ensure its the correct material & yes the materials were new & shiny :notti:

Day18_ATmaterials.jpg

The aircon compressor will sit juz outside the full height windows and the trunking were laid as such

Day18_ATmain.jpg

Trunking in master bedroom:

Day18_ATMBr1.jpg

The trunking in master bedroom continued with water pipes:

Day18_ATMBr2.jpg

Day18_ATwaterpipe1-1.jpg

Trunking from master bedroom across the beam to bedroom 2:

Day18_ATacrossbdrms.jpg

Trunking for bedrooms 2 & 3 respectively:

Day18_ATbr2.jpg

Day18_ATbr3.jpg

Lastly:

The trunking from bedroom 2 to the compressor:

Day18_ATmain2.jpg

Frankly speaking, the gaincity guys had a good life doing the trunking cos we did not deviate much from what our sellers did previously. Not much hacking need to be done and the holes for the trunking were readily available.

However, things are not 100% as expected, the beam across the bedrooms was boxed up and they refused to hack away saying will cause some problems and now the new aircon trunking rest on the box-up. Now abit worried there might be probs few years down the road, sigh !!

Leave aside the not so happy moments, i took the opportunity to snap a few pics of what had been completed so far:

The naco windows for master & common bathrooms changed and i love the new windows now:

Day18_MBNaco1.jpg

Day18_CBNaco.jpg

Floor tiles & skirting for all bedrooms done & needless to say, i love them:

Day18_Bedrmfloortiles.jpg

Sorry not able to take more as most parts were laid wif protection sheets.

Downlights & covelights for mbr:

Day18_MBDownlights.jpg

Day18_MBrCove.jpg

I forgot to snap the finished product for the false ceiling :bangwall:

False ceiling done for bedroom 2:

Day18_Br2falseceiling-1.jpg

I do not pic for floor tiles laid in living, dining & cozy area but managed to snap one for the foyer using the same tiles:

Day18_Foyer.jpg

The hollow blocks for new main entrance almost done:

Day18_MainDoor.jpg

The door frame for the main door arrived:

Day18_Maindoorframe.jpg

Last pic for now. I snap a day view outside the living window:

Day18_Dayview.jpg

Really cant wait for 6 Aug to come so that we can move in and enjoy the fireworks on National Day :wub:

nice cove lights, my wife refuses to accept the idea of cove lights because it's a 32 years old unit and if ever, upstairs leaks, it will be a problem...

nice cove lights, my wife refuses to accept the idea of cove lights because it's a 32 years old unit and if ever, upstairs leaks, it will be a problem...

but if upstair are leaking....there shld be tell tale sign also...bt usuall room or living room wont have leaking la....u got bring her go see the covelite effect?maybe she will be tempted?

but if upstair are leaking....there shld be tell tale sign also...bt usuall room or living room wont have leaking la....u got bring her go see the covelite effect?maybe she will be tempted?

she saw and the id even offered to give her the lights FOC... lol... but she doesn't like...

we saw one unit in AMK blk 218 i think, MBR major leakage leh... and tell tale sign if appear one year later how?! remove covelights then?!

she saw and the id even offered to give her the lights FOC... lol... but she doesn't like...

we saw one unit in AMK blk 218 i think, MBR major leakage leh... and tell tale sign if appear one year later how?! remove covelights then?!

ok...i mean agree sure there a risk also....bt tot MBR or rooms less likely to contact of water...so nt so much worry for leakage....then ddun do lor...save $$ also...:)

ok...i mean agree sure there a risk also....bt tot MBR or rooms less likely to contact of water...so nt so much worry for leakage....then ddun do lor...save $$ also...:)

ya, in the end not doing lar, ID suggested that when I asked about the gas pipe mah, but wife not keen lor... haiz...