Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pbtgal

Our Hard-earned Humble Lodge For 3 Generations

Had always wanted to start a t-blog after confirming our ID, however, decided to start after we have got our keys. Yes, finally we got the precious set of keys yesterday!

After near 3 years of ferrying my little darling from my current home @ AMK to my inlaws' @ TPY, we decided to call it quit. The distance between AMK & TPY may not be far esp when my hb drives, however, the fact that drive us crazy is I am on shift work and knock off 10pm almost daily. In the long run, it is not healthy for my son who goes to bed at 11pm. He is turning 3 years old and his playgroup starts at 9am daily. So finally we have found a place juz opp my inlaws.

Why 3 generations? Hee, my parents will be moving in with us. I like this idea of killing many birds with 1 stone. My mum is alone at night when my father works permanently night shift and i am worried for her as she is not pink in health. The 2nd advantage the grand parents will take turn to look after my precious one. Last but not least no more travelling between Woodlands (where my parents used to stay), AMK & TPY :rofl: .

The heart attack journey b4 getting this flat is recorded at the community blog @ http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?au...;showentry=5134 so i shall not repeat.

Now, the very original floor plan:

floorplan2.th.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We are the 3rd owners of this flat. Our sellers, being the 2nd owners, had already shifted the entrance of the kitchen to face windows of the living and the common bathrm's door is inside the kitchen instead of the dining. There is a full height windows fixed at the cozy area. The best part is they have already bought the recess area.

Our style is Simple and modern with black, white & brown as the colours theme. Our sellers prefer striking colours and they have painted bright colours in the house. We decided to do a full renovation but will keep the windows, main gate and the fire-rated main door.

Our ID's proposal:

floorplan1b.th.jpg

welcome!!! :yamseng: hope ur reno will be smooth!!!

Hi f4,

thanks, you are fast. Was trying to update as much as i can now to share with everyone. BTW, have been following the threads, your house is indeed very nice. Like the bling bling shinny tiles :good: .

Congrats!

Very nice layout you got there and nice location at TPY.

Hi Xherion

thanks but hmm.. my new resale not located at the central but near braddell main road. However, the convenience of being near my inlaws make us feel contended.

Thanks to all well wishes. Juz got an update from my ID, they have started hacking @ 9.30am sharp. Ya, the purchase part not so smooth, hopefully the reno will have minimal hipcups and i know there is such thing as best renovation without any probs.

Maybe i shall start pics on how the current home look like. Pardon my poor photography skill as i am an gagget idiot :wacko: and the pics were taken yesterday straight after completing the transaction @ HDB.

The recess with the wrought irom grill installed:

recess1.th.jpg

In HDB's record, this area is only 2sqm but we feel its bigger than that.

The living:

living1.th.jpg

The dining:

dinning1.th.jpg

The cosy area with full height windows:

fullhtwindows2.th.jpg

Thanks to all well wishes. Juz got an update from my ID, they have started hacking @ 9.30am sharp. Ya, the purchase part not so smooth, hopefully the reno will have minimal hipcups and i know there is such thing as best renovation without any probs.

Maybe i shall start pics on how the current home look like. Pardon my poor photography skill as i am an gagget idiot :wacko: and the pics were taken yesterday straight after completing the transaction @ HDB.

The recess with the wrought irom grill installed:

recess1.th.jpg

In HDB's record, this area is only 2sqm but we feel its bigger than that.

The living:

living1.th.jpg

The dining:

dinning1.th.jpg

The cosy area with full height windows:

fullhtwindows2.th.jpg

Hi Pbtgal,

Congrats on your purchase. TP is a good place, very convenient to get around too.

My recess area is also 2sqm (haven't purchase yet). Will you be keep the wrought iron gate? or Erecting a wall there?

Kitchen part 1 which we will be our dry kitchen:

drykitchen.th.jpg

Kitchen part 2 will be converted to wet kitchen:

wetkitchen1.th.jpg

The miserably small service balcony:

servicebalcony.th.jpg

Congrats, pbtgal. Indeed, it is a convenient move to TPY and having all the generation together. Plus, it is such a central area.

Looking forward to see your renovation progress.

Hi Pbtgal,

Congrats on your purchase. TP is a good place, very convenient to get around too.

My recess area is also 2sqm (haven't purchase yet). Will you be keep the wrought iron gate? or Erecting a wall there?

Hi Rasp,

ya agree, i love TPY too.

Will be keeping the wrought iron gate. Very much wanted to erect a wall & shift the main door out but my reno bg already burst.

So after u purchase the recess, will u be shifting the main door? Tat wld be nice cos mean your internal will be bigger.