Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jo54anne

Painting Walls By Our Own

if the wall was previously painted, so i still need to apply 1 layer of sealer first ?

I heard sealer is for walls which just plastered...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

is there any freelancer painter to paint my house. i haven't move in since got flat last year.

if got pm me.

No need

if the wall was previously painted, so i still need to apply 1 layer of sealer first ?

I heard sealer is for walls which just plastered...

:lol: .......when my wife (girlfriend then) move to her new place, she ask us to help paint the flat. Me and a bunch of friends go down in full force and paint the whole place in one day. :paint:

Her brother came back the next day, saw the work we have done, then he redo it himself and took a week.....:(..... :wub:

Hi,

I just finished DIY painting my house. I bought too many tins of paint. :P

I wish to let go of my 4 brand new tins of Nippon Paint Vinilex.

Vinilex Description:

http://www.nipponpaint.com.my/html/interior_walls.htm

Then click on Vinilex Fresh Anti-Bacterial Emulsion.

Color:

863 Lilac Frost

It's a shade of white similar to lillac white, great for ceilings. You are welcome to pop by my house to see the outcome of the paint color on my living room before you decide to buy it. :)

Hardware shops are selling every tin (5 litres) at $55.

I'm letting go of each tin at $35 (35% off).

If you are interested, please PM me. Thanks. :)

Edited by forgotten

My own opinion abt painting your own: is definitely fine if you do not need a good painting job on the wall, let me know if you think i'm wrong :P

i have my dining hall to be painted due to joss stick burn marked, so i started passionately with the help of my brother, we pasted news paper on the window & skirting, we covered the dining table & altar table, i drove to the paint shop to buy paint, we felt lucky that we found some painting equipment left in the storeroom by my painter before so obviously we saved some money, we started painting on the ceiling, then wall, & wall.... till my painter boss called me for project money, i told him to come immediately to my house, i asked him advise on mixing water with paint... he came fast after we end our conversation, i passed him his money &.... my paintbrush, end up he help me to finish my paint job.

i & my brother both felt so glad that he came by so i passed him extra $ for this job, & for goodness i'll not do painting on my own again :bow:

i was in renovation line for quite awhile and i have seen different painters, the type that i cannot forgive one is when they paint your wall without patching & sanding work.

The professional should pull out nails, patching up uneveness, sand paper, protect all windows & floor finish, paint layers & layers till the colour is even, all of the above need time & experience,

well you might think $thousand few hundred is ex, but i think every of us should just take care of our own rice bowls, let the other earn what they are capable with....if you are so good in calculation you should aware that by purchasing of paint equipment & paints shall cost you $450 to $550, parking your car before paint shop might save alittle carpark fee but end up with $30-$70 summon, you need helper to help carry those stuff so you owes your helper one big favour, there are high chance that you need to return to the same paint shop due to shortish of colour or equipment, so another summon ticket is waiting for you. You & your friends have to burned your relaxing weekend or yours paid off-day by $100-$150 per day, there you pai-say so you have to buy dinner every now & then so that you don't owe your friend so much.

& in the end you feel satisfied with your work but don't forget some of the wall does paint by others & there are alot of comment waitng you. if my mathematics still remain as A1 like before i should say those really don't worth awhile....

Why not you try this way- agreed with a lowest price, let the painter do the house painting while you still go on with your daily paid day so that you can earn enough to pay for the paint job. check the paint work after your office hour, give comment here & there, if you not satisfy with the paint job you may just dont pay the worker the balance (dont ever try this- or might end up with extra paint job on your main door :curse: )

there come back to square with the amount paying to your painter instead of DIY yourself...isn't better? :good:

I've also finished DIY painting of my new flat.

I've bought a 20L oil-base sealer (on the advice of the shop) last week. Only managed to use less than a quarter.

We covered the walls with one coat only.

Anyone keen on the the remainder?

Please PM me.

I've also finished DIY painting of my new flat.

I've bought a 20L oil-base sealer (on the advice of the shop) last week. Only managed to use less than a quarter.

We covered the walls with one coat only.

Anyone keen on the the remainder?

Please PM me.

I DIY painting in 1992, both emulsion & enamal types. Things to notes if DIY:

- Better all at one go within a day, including night, full gear. Standby someone to package meals/drinks.

- Be careful, look "light" in catalogue, when paint on whole wall look "darker"

- Ceiling is the most difficult, best done without light installed. May need ladder for those corners.

- Spray some water before painting and wait 1/2 ~ 1h, paint will more adhere onto wall, for emulsion(water based) paint.

- For rought surface, plaster, let dry, sanding, clean with damp cloth.

- For enamal (gate, pvc pipes, etc) standy a few metal container with different width of brushe, soak in Korosin(spelling?) first.

-After painting, everything throw away!

- Feel proud.

Edited by bepgof

hi hi..

i will be getting my keys on in less den 2 weeks..

brand new unit..

thinking of painting the walls ourselves..

getting someone to do the job will cost abt 900 to 1500 bucks..

as this is the 1st coat for our flat..

so u guys think is it advisable to paint the walls ourselves? :)

Hi, we got a freelancer to paint our 4 room flat. He charging us $700(excluding the paint). I think its reasonable, cos we have 4 diff colour for each rooms. 2 diff colour for the walls, another colour for cornice and another colour for the ceiling. He needs to do lots of taping and covering to do a clean job. If you gonna paint all same colour for the wall, cornice and ceiling, i think you can save lots of money by painting urself. however, if you have diff colours for walls, cornice n ceiling like mine... i think its advisable to get professional's help.

by the way $700 for labour, tools and equipment for 4-rm is quite cheap.. care to share your contact? i have a 3-rm.. max 4 colours..

do they paint ceiling as well?

Yes, he can paint ceiling too. For our house, we painting ceiling, cornice and wall all diff colours...tats y he charging $700, if all same colour.. i am sure he will charge less...

by the way $700 for labour, tools and equipment for 4-rm is quite cheap.. care to share your contact? i have a 3-rm.. max 4 colours..

do they paint ceiling as well?

My dad recommended him... I will check the contact with him and let you know...