Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ossify

My Cosy Home In Holland

laminate pics continued

waterproof layer below, foam layer in the middle, and laminate on top

layersn.jpg

aluminum transition between mbr and shower room, L-strip between laminate and wall (after caulking)

mbrtransition.jpg

aluminum transition between dining area and kitchen (laminates and tiles are both off-white :D)

kitchentransition.jpg

aluminum transition between living room and front gate, zoom in on L-strip (before caulking)

beforecaulk.jpg

tiny (2mm in diameter) imperfection in one plank (only saw one imperfection after examining many planks)

imperfectiond.jpg

Edited by ossify

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

laminate pics continued

dining area

diningm.jpg

living room (previously bedroom 2)

bedroom2d.jpg

everything packed into kitchen and shower room

cramped.jpg

after caulking

aftercaulk.jpg

Edited by ossify

Huh? Protective sticker? I bought it because of the green colour!

Oh.....

:o

I tried peeling it off just now. It didnt. I think it IS green colour. :D

ikea sub-cons the kitchen installation to another company. heard from my mom they are busy till after CNY, but i didn't ask them personally.

the kitchen installers will provide services like cutting holes for sink/hob, installation of taps, etc. the pricelist you can get from ikea or you can call the company to check. if i am not wrong, they charge $25 pfr of your cabinet so my kitchen which is at the moment 12ft, would cost me $300 to fix. personally, i rather learn how to do it so that i can do it next time if i need to. save myself $300. i intend to get another 6ft of wall cabinets too as i can't wait for my carpenters to do it up for me since i need to install concealed switches asap (and my eubiq next tue or thu).

for me, i am getting domjos so i don't need to cut a hole. i just have to cut a worktop into 2, so that i can put it on the left and right side of the sink. this task would cost me $200 (info from ikea kitchen staff) if i ask the kitchen installers to do it. what i did, was buy a wood circular blade for under $10, ask my workers to do it :D er.. i pay my workers $100 per day. cutting the wood takes about 30min inclusive of pasting the laminate and sanding it down. the pasting of laminates were not perfect in my case as they were not skilled in that. but it doesn't matter to me, because i will be putting the part where they laminate under the domjos sink so technically you don't see it at all.

take note that if you get other sinks from ikea, most likely you need to overmount it (you can check with the kitchen installer about this)

i bought the pragel worktop as they are dirt cheap. $95 for 246cm (or 8ft) worktop. i can replace it easily as and when needed. 1/8 the cost of the average solid surface.

Hi Ossify,

Thanks for the detailed reply. I went to Ikea and quite am interested in the Pragel range too. My kitchen has a total length of 25ft. so i think the worktop will cost less than $500. The problem though is the cost of installation and cutting of holes. I est the cost of installation to be $625 and the cutting of holes etc will cost $200. How difficult or easy is it to install the top by self? I'm wondering if i can cut cost by asking the company to cut the holes etc while we do the installation ourselves.

I tried peeling it off just now. It didnt. I think it IS green colour. :D

LOL and it continues!!

mine is purple leh! dont tell me its REALLY purple!

I am preparing for my OpenNet installation even though it's in 2 year's time :D

opennet.jpg

Your Building is targeted for installation between Dec 2011 to Feb 2012.

I am still very blur with this OpenNet thing. Mine is supposedly due this March 2010. What actually should I do?

Hi Ossify,

Thanks for the detailed reply. I went to Ikea and quite am interested in the Pragel range too. My kitchen has a total length of 25ft. so i think the worktop will cost less than $500. The problem though is the cost of installation and cutting of holes. I est the cost of installation to be $625 and the cutting of holes etc will cost $200. How difficult or easy is it to install the top by self? I'm wondering if i can cut cost by asking the company to cut the holes etc while we do the installation ourselves.

installing the top is easy because you just need to screw your worktop to the cabinet via the pre-drilled holes in the cabinet

i think the "difficult" part would be drilling holes in your carpentry to allow your water pipe in. rest is easy, can be done within a weekend.

I am still very blur with this OpenNet thing. Mine is supposedly due this March 2010. What actually should I do?

wait till they send you the letter in march

bought a 42" LG plasma tv for $599 from Audiohouse

42pg10r_thumb.jpg

Model : 42PG10R

Feature/Function

* Hurricane 5 Model * AV Mode (Cinema/Sport/Game)

* 42" XGA : 1,024 x 768p * 150 Hz Effect

* HD Ready * SRS TruSurroundXT

* Dual XD Engine * Vivid Picture

* Contrast Ratio : 25,000 : 1 * Super Bright Panel

* Brightness Ratio : 1,500 cd/m2 * Glossy Black C/A & Back Cover

Response Time : 0.001 m/s

Setup

* Auto Tuning (Auto Program) * Program Edit

* Manual Tuning (Manual Program) * Favorite Program

Picture

* Picture Mode 7 Mode * Aspect Ratio

* Color Temperature 4 Mode * Picture Reset

* XD (Auto/Manual) * PC Adjust

* Advance 4 Mode

Sound

* Sound Mode 8 Mode * Auto Volume (On/Off)

* Balance (L50~R50) * ISM Method

* Power Saving(0/1/2/3/4) * Set ID

* Factory Reset

External Connection

* ANT 75 OHMS (Rear) * 2 AV Input (Rear/Side)

* 2 Component Input (Rear) * RGB Input (Rear)

* 2 HDMI Input (Rear) * S-Video (Rear)

* RS 232 (Rear) * Audio Input (RGB/DVI-Rear)

* AV Out (Rear) * Variable Audio Out L/R (Rear)

Additional Information

Voltage, Hz 100~240V, 50/60Hz

Consumption 310W (Typical)

Weight without stand (kg) 24.4

Weight With Stand (kg) 27.2

WxHxD (mm) without stand 1040x677x86

WxHxD (mm) with stand 1040x729.5x308

Called Audiohouse to ask when they will deliver, they said no more stock, ask me if i want to choose another model? Just told them i'll take my deposit back. Put deposit but no stock, first time experienced.. :rolleyes:

On the same note, Pang giap also called me to inform me that the top-hung bi-fold door for my toilet is out of stock, told them to call me back when it's in stock. Will proceed to do just the MBR swing door with them. Silver aluminium frame, grey acrylic panel, inclusive of lockset, doorstopper. $420+GST

I'm now looking for TV and bi-fold door. :o

Edited by ossify

Called Audiohouse to ask when they will deliver, they said no more stock, ask me if i want to choose another model? Just told them i'll take my deposit back. Put deposit but no stock, first time experienced.. :rolleyes:

On the same note, Pang giap also called me to inform me that the top-hung bi-fold door for my toilet is out of stock, told them to call me back when it's in stock. Will proceed to do just the MBR swing door with them. Silver aluminium frame, grey acrylic panel, inclusive of lockset, doorstopper. $420+GST

I'm now looking for TV and bi-fold door. :o

you never ask them when the tv will have stock? seems that you got your tv at a good rate...

you can try asking calling my windows contractor for the bi-fold door if you want, his mobile is 91008767, alex.

have you had your bi-fold door done by him? how did you find the product and service? any pictures to show?

you never ask them when the tv will have stock? seems that you got your tv at a good rate...

it's been 4 months and they still don't have stock. if the price is too good, it may not be true :D

anyway, they don't know when the tv will have stock.

oh i am also trying to look for a wallmounted washbasin that is 600mm wide, 410mm deep. the ikea one may be 1cm too wide. not sure if it's a good idea to sand it down.

• Like 1

have you had your bi-fold door done by him? how did you find the product and service? any pictures to show?

i did windows and gate with him only. did not do bi-fold door. you can ask gantan88, he got alex to install his bi-fold doors.

i think it's at block 41, i'll confirm by tomorrow :D

edit: it's at block 8 telok blangah crescent

Hi Ossify,

Did you encounter any problem bringing the poles home? How long are the poles and can they fit into a car?

Hi gantan88,

Where did you get your poles from?

Guest Goobii

7ft or 8ft pole no problem slot it thru in the middle with the passanger seat fold down. U can get the extractable pole 6ft & extendable up to 13ft at diy shop at $11 each.