Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clockwork

How To Tell Friend To Move Out ?

Latest update.

My "friend" / tenant has moved out at the end of Aug. I started to notice that his stuff was all packed a few days ago, but he didn't tell me anything. He'll just ignore me whenever we bump into each other around the hse. Then came one morning when I left my room and my maid inform me that my friend had pass her the keys . I was kinda dumbfounded that he didn't even have the courtesy to give the keys to me personally as i was in the house. There was no note , no thank you. He didn't even sms me or my husband. He still owes us 1 mth rent , which is $300. We were very dissapointed. My hubby says, we welcomed him into our house and he left like a thief !

I'm planning to msg him and ask him when I can get my rent and I want him to come over personally with his GF and give them a piece of my mind.

I am so pissed off.

Dear Clockwork,

You are so kind and patient. I'm so sorry your *friend* did this to you. Please do remember to ask him to change his IC address else report to the police, you do not want o$p$.

I hv a good friend who is currently renting 2 of his rooms to his friends- whose rental ws not that high, i advised him to revise the rental early this year as i don't want the tenants to take advantage of him.

Best of luck!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Latest update.

My "friend" / tenant has moved out at the end of Aug. I started to notice that his stuff was all packed a few days ago, but he didn't tell me anything. He'll just ignore me whenever we bump into each other around the hse. Then came one morning when I left my room and my maid inform me that my friend had pass her the keys . I was kinda dumbfounded that he didn't even have the courtesy to give the keys to me personally as i was in the house. There was no note , no thank you. He didn't even sms me or my husband. He still owes us 1 mth rent , which is $300. We were very dissapointed. My hubby says, we welcomed him into our house and he left like a thief !

I'm planning to msg him and ask him when I can get my rent and I want him to come over personally with his GF and give them a piece of my mind.

I am so pissed off.

Since you have been gracious to him and his gf and he has already left, I think it is better to forgive and part amicably. You can message him for the outstanding rent but there is no need to give him a piece of your mind. You may just end up in an ugly argument which spoils your day and his day.

Latest update.

I am so pissed off.

Take it that you have see thru wat kind of friend this person is now rather than regret much later.

It might be a blessing to you and your family :)

Yeah, don't argue with him.

At least he has settled with you the bulk of the outstanding rental owed to you left with just $300 unpaid. When friendship sours, it is hard to maintain friendship amicably even on neutral stands. The way it ended between you, your hubby and the friend clearly shows it and frankly, no relationship is ever permanent as it is NEVER forever. That is an understatement.