Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
GoalHome

A&a Vs. Reconstruction

How many storey for $450K to $500K? I think the budget of $250K is either very attractive or it doesn't include a lot of stuff for the construction of a 2 storey house from single storey.

For 2.5-3 storey with inerior design and renovation, min. can earn u $80K depending on what type of material u use and how much reno u did. Can supply u with all marble flooring, hansgrohe stuffs, blum system, etc....of course the more high end stuffs supplied, the least they earned.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
6 Yrs ago, is 2003, was the SARS period, and also the lowest point for the construction industry. It was also BEFORE Nicholl Highway collapse.

After that incident, BCA overhauled the entire construction industry, tightening every possible area. Scalfolding had to be licensed, no agar agar basement works, all site supervisors to be licensed, HS must now be super redundant, mandated use of precast elements, cannot work 24/7. etc. Add on to it was the shortage of raw materials like sand/ steel. Even though concrete prices have stabalised, the toughened BCA regulations are the reason why construction costs will never be like last time. This enhanced BCA regulations have not been fully implemented, so likely there are a lot more cost increases along the way.

BCA already overhauled the entire construction industry way before the SARS period or the Nichol Highway collapse. It was when the Hotel collapsed which was 10 over yrs ago. (If I don't remember wrongly :P ) Scalfolding always need to be certified by professional before use, may it be for construction or marine, etc...yes cost of construction do increase now, so do everything but increase by how many percentage? If look at the flow of construction...when a house owner look for an ID company to do up their house, the ID will look for contractor, the contractor will look for sub-con, so contractor will mark up 10-20% to ID, ID will mark up another 10-30% to house owner, and all this is the same for the builder, PE, etc...that the ID find. So when the bills came to the house owner...it usually is ard 30-50% mark up price already. So if u r not in this trade or know anything about construction, u will think it reasonable.

Everyone had this concept that those who can afford a landed property are rich, and they will surly mark up more than what they do for HDB, even thro the material is the same, the amount used is the same (mostly interior). U will never know how much they mark up unless u r very familiar with this trade.

Budget bases on $450-500K, and any other ID/contractor can earn u easily $100K.

well...nothing wrong with setting aside a more than sufficient amount and get a few quotes. u will know if 1 or 2 contractors charge u too much. when i was getting my quotes, i 2 budget...what i want to pay the contractor and what i can really afford.

Everyone had this concept that those who can afford a landed property are rich, and they will surly mark up more than what they do for HDB, even thro the material is the same, the amount used is the same (mostly interior). U will never know how much they mark up unless u r very familiar with this trade.

that is so true.

well...nothing wrong with setting aside a more than sufficient amount and get a few quotes. u will know if 1 or 2 contractors charge u too much. when i was getting my quotes, i 2 budget...what i want to pay the contractor and what i can really afford.

that is so true.

Anyone got any contacts that they have worked with on rebuilding landed?

I am thinking of buying a landed to rebuilt..and interested to get quotations.

Thanks.

Anyone got any contacts that they have worked with on rebuilding landed?

I am thinking of buying a landed to rebuilt..and interested to get quotations.

Thanks.

An easy way to get rough quotes is to walk around Serangoon Garden estate. There are always construction going on and you can take down the contact of the builders and architects. After which, you can telephone them to ask for an estimated quotation. Whatever is the quote, you add 15% buffer to the construction cost and I think it should be quite safe.

Cheers.

An easy way to get rough quotes is to walk around Serangoon Garden estate. There are always construction going on and you can take down the contact of the builders and architects. After which, you can telephone them to ask for an estimated quotation. Whatever is the quote, you add 15% buffer to the construction cost and I think it should be quite safe.

Cheers.

Cheers.

Thanks. i'm eyeing seletar hills.. got a few very old single-storey semi-d landed going for around $1.6mil .....

So i'm thinking of buying to rebuild.. Add in $500k , then total cost $2.1mil for a 3000++ sqft land .. is better than luxus hill that is selling for around $1000+ psf with a land area of only 1800sqft.. rediculously pricing.. don't understand why the phase 1 can be all sold out..

Thanks. i'm eyeing seletar hills.. got a few very old single-storey semi-d landed going for around $1.6mil .....

So i'm thinking of buying to rebuild.. Add in $500k , then total cost $2.1mil for a 3000++ sqft land .. is better than luxus hill that is selling for around $1000+ psf with a land area of only 1800sqft.. rediculously pricing.. don't understand why the phase 1 can be all sold out..

I understand that developments where it is more uniform such as Luxus Hill tend to fetch better pricing. I was told that buyers' preference is to buy developments where the neigbhouring units are also well developed. If you are building 2 storey, $500K is a good working budget.

Cheers.

i think it's a cookie cut and your very own design conversation if $$ is not an issue. :rolleyes: