Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
spearhawk

Jason Goh From U And B Design And Renovation

Hi, can someone PM me Jason's contact? Emailed him my plans on 17 Nov, but no news from him at all. Maybe he too busy, don't know if he's reliable with all that work he has!

hi bro/sis,

i think you must be careful when choosing the brothers.. u save money but many months of sadness and stress,

i think u should go for normal ID, yes you pay more, but works is done a good rate.

my house hacking whole house, tiling works, windows is done up in 3 weeks. now left cabinet and cornices and false ceiling, painting.

pls check on ahsoon thread then u will know.

i think both of them are the same if you get what i mean....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi bro/sis,

i think you must be careful when choosing the brothers.. u save money but many months of sadness and stress,

i think u should go for normal ID, yes you pay more, but works is done a good rate.

my house hacking whole house, tiling works, windows is done up in 3 weeks. now left cabinet and cornices and false ceiling, painting.

pls check on ahsoon thread then u will know.

i think both of them are the same if you get what i mean....

actually if you see the experience of ah soon customer, their reno will end up more ex than normal ID cos job not done and he mia.

cheap is not always good.

actually if you see the experience of ah soon customer, their reno will end up more ex than normal ID cos job not done and he mia.

cheap is not always good.

yes...thats is very very true for the brothers..

there are still some slightly cheap contractors available.

Edited by samdolmat

yes...thats is very very true for the brothers..

there are still some slightly cheap contractors available.

the brothers are useless now...

bro , quite unfair for yr comment leh ,

Ah soon record really very very bad now ...

but for Jason record still quite clean leh (except homemaster case)

Don't think it's fair to drag Jason into Ah soon picture leh .

Just my view :)

bro , quite unfair for yr comment leh ,

Ah soon record really very very bad now ...

but for Jason record still quite clean leh (except homemaster case)

Don't think it's fair to drag Jason into Ah soon picture leh .

Just my view :)

sorry if i offended anyone on my comment.

it is just my opinion and comment.

FYI i my friend did go to jason so called sample house because they thought want to engage him,

but my fren say, he saw the permit was for early oct hacking, but until 2 weeks ago they go see the house,

it was partially done for tiling works... hows that for reliability??

This is kind of a unfair statement till date this post. People are just using the theory of "like father, like son" theory. U cannot judge Jason based on Ah Soon... Because what happen to Ah Soon now haven't happen till today.. If yes, existing customers are already posting it.

As for permit early for oct hacking thingy?<- I am not sure.. Perhaps, is true? Perhaps, owner didnt pay? work start.. Perhaps, there are other reasons? Did the owner tell u what happen? If not, u shouldn't quote "hows that for relliability"

If your friend go to my house is worse then...cause my permit for hacking is still paste on my wall dated Aug. People are wondering why Jason haven't hand over, reason is because I am adding new items for my house... So please comments objectively.

This is kind of a unfair statement till date this post. People are just using the theory of "like father, like son" theory. U cannot judge Jason based on Ah Soon... Because what happen to Ah Soon now haven't happen till today.. If yes, existing customers are already posting it.

As for permit early for oct hacking thingy?<- I am not sure.. Perhaps, is true? Perhaps, owner didnt pay? work start.. Perhaps, there are other reasons? Did the owner tell u what happen? If not, u shouldn't quote "hows that for relliability"

If your friend go to my house is worse then...cause my permit for hacking is still paste on my wall dated Aug. People are wondering why Jason haven't hand over, reason is because I am adding new items for my house... So please comments objectively.

ya i agree with red devil.

My permit for hacking is dated early oct, but because of HDB problem (never give permit for hacking my toliet wall), Jason got to re-submit permit again to mid Oct.. so HDB delayed our permit, then later delayed our hacking.. then my tiles got problems too, the shop assistant was new-comer (didn't know anything) so not enough tiles also send to ya.. but we still managed to resolve all these problems.. thanks to Jason~

So far, even if we face big problems (like my false ceiling need to redo, my toliet bowl position is too near my vanity top..) Jason resolved them.. and He is doing what he promised me and believe that he will be able to handover my house by this week :D

Guest Goobii

I think is time to find alternative for ID or Contractor....

Ah Soon & Jason is just like a baloon which is over inflated by jobs on hand and whoever recommended wanted to promote more business for them but in the end causing more trouble for the END user as more JOB on hand mean more tight schedule and financial tight for the two man.

GOOD THINGS NO CHEAP , CHEAP THINGS NO GOOD

Definitely disappointed by his "rubber time". We have arranged for furniture to be delivered but now have to postpone it because what was supposed to be 6 weeks of renovation became 7 weeks because hacking was not done in time despite pointing out to him when the hacking started that a section of wall was not hacked, so this dragged on for 1 week. Now my carpentry will only be completed another week later, meaning now renovation will drag into the 8th week.

We started renovation in late Oct hoping to move in before end of the year because based on estimation, renovation would have been completed by early Dec if everything was on schedule and even if we have to drag on for another week, we would still be ok. But from the looks of it now, I'm not even sure my house will be ready for handover by X'mas as there's still all that small things like touching up, mending etc, he has to do before he handover. This has caused us delay in moving in because right now we still can't set a date to move in, not knowing exactly when the renovation will be completed. And for all these, do you think he will compensate us in any way? We have been paying him on time so far for every payment and yet this is the kind of treatment we get.

From this experience, I am never going to engage a contractor again. We are not exactly paying very low price because we thought at least we may be assured of some quality but in the end we had to compromise on time. I know his son helps him to monitor the forum, you can go ahead and tell him that I am a very unhappy customer.

ya i agree with red devil.

My permit for hacking is dated early oct, but because of HDB problem (never give permit for hacking my toliet wall), Jason got to re-submit permit again to mid Oct.. so HDB delayed our permit, then later delayed our hacking.. then my tiles got problems too, the shop assistant was new-comer (didn't know anything) so not enough tiles also send to ya.. but we still managed to resolve all these problems.. thanks to Jason~

So far, even if we face big problems (like my false ceiling need to redo, my toliet bowl position is too near my vanity top..) Jason resolved them.. and He is doing what he promised me and believe that he will be able to handover my house by this week :D

From the many responses on Ah Soon and Jason, I think there is a distinct differentiation for these 2 gentlemen. One that keep on taking on jobs when he can't any further, and the other has stopped taking any jobs when he can't handle. I believe Jason knows how many reno work he can managed with his staff and he accept the reno when he can handle. Actually Jason engage a project manager to coordinate the activities. My house hacking work with Jason has just commenced late last week as schedule and it is completing today. It's a lot of hacking work involve. Somehow, one has to be comfortable with your reno partner and also Owner should put in some efforts to check on-site to correct any error/changes in order to minmise change or rework. This will help to reduce the chance of delay. That's my thoughts. We shouldn't just blame the contractor, give some additional schedule to cushion any delay (if any) and you will be a happy man even when there is slight delay. I am checking my reno activities each day and we have a weekly progress update with Jason's Project Manager. I am pretty happy with Jason and his people.

Hi all,

I met Jason before and he told me that he has almost 50 flats under renovated by him. Just wonder how he actually manage it if it is one man show?

when i read through this thread, someone mentioned about Jason's wife and Jason's project manager. Are they helping Jason to run on the projects? and is Jason handling projects on himself as well? or he is just doing the marketing side...... (basically, meeting potential client and discuss the quotation).

thanks.

Hi all,

I met Jason before and he told me that he has almost 50 flats under renovated by him. Just wonder how he actually manage it if it is one man show?

when i read through this thread, someone mentioned about Jason's wife and Jason's project manager. Are they helping Jason to run on the projects? and is Jason handling projects on himself as well? or he is just doing the marketing side...... (basically, meeting potential client and discuss the quotation).

thanks.

If one understands the dynamic and magnitude and effort required for a reno project, you will realise that even handling 5 flats at one time is extremely tough.

Attending to the details, remember what to rectify is not easy at all.

If he has 50 projects, even 10 contractor/id/manager may not be enough

Edited by zhiz

If one understands the dynamic and magnitude and effort required for a reno project, you will realise that even handling 5 flats at one time is extremely tough.

Attending to the details, remember what to rectify is not easy at all.

If he has 50 projects, even 50 workers may not be enough

Ok.. thanks... so is impossible for him to handle 50 projects at one go.

So is he really has 50 project at one go? anyone can confirm?

thanks.

Second with what Bro zhiz said.

For my contractor, I see him handling around 4 projects currently already quite siong liao. Let alone 10 or 50.

When Jason boasted to me on 30 projects during our 1st tele-conversation, I was like .... (Mind thinking "Ok, you are not for me") zz

Ok.. thanks... so is impossible for him to handle 50 projects at one go.

So is he really has 50 project at one go? anyone can confirm?

thanks.

Real or not, either way, alarms bells must be ringing.

If can take, means compromise for sure

If no such thing, then its just BS....

Either way, i would rather place my money to one that can give me personalised services, help me pick up delivery either from shops or recieve delivery at my place, show up quickly at my place within an hour to check issues that i have, responds to email/sms quickly etc.

The intangibles benefits i get is quite priceless.